ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 14
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sutton's Defense Won't Dictate Or Attack
petegz28 06:39 PM 08-17-2018
His defense lacks any sense of toughness and attack. He doesn't dictate anything. When he blitzes he blitzes to blitz and not to dictate what the ofense can and cannot do.

Take Wade Phillips on the other hand. The guy instantly upgrades any defense he coaches regardless of talent. Why? Because he has a defense that dictactes what an offense must do. Not sit back trying to defend against any and everything possible.

Preseason or not, toughness and an attacking mentality are something that shows regardless. Sutton's defenses are soft, reactionary and undisciplined.

How this guy still has a job bogles the minds of most. But I am afraid what we've seen the last few years is what we will see again. Minimal attack, dependency on a turnover. Lots of time on the field defensively.
[Reply]
bricks 06:53 AM 08-18-2018
Anyway, stats don’t tell the whole story.

They are at times deceiving.

I like to get involved in the intricacies of the game. They tell me much more.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 06:54 AM 08-18-2018
Originally Posted by -King-:
Yeah I guess it was the defenses fault we didn't advance in the playoffs the past 2 seasons. I mean...allowing 22 and 18 points is just unacceptable!
Posted via Mobile Device
I don't really disagree with your overall point but there can be differences in the effect on the game. The PIT playoff game for example. While we gave up only 18 points I think the argument can be made that the way we allowed PIT to control the interior 80 yards changed the momentum of the game, put more pressure on our offense, ect.

I'm not blaming the defense for that or the TEN game however playing bend but don't break has an effect on the game beyond points allowed.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:01 AM 08-18-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He looked lost last year because the 2nd best pass rusher after a gimpy Houston was Frank-freaking ZOMBO. Think about that for a minute. You can’t field a good defense with draft picks like Dee Ford. Possibly the worst pick of Dorsey’s tenure and that’s saying a lot when you consider he drafted Peters and a below average tackle first overall.
How long did we stick with nickel and dime while leveon bell and zeke jammed the ball down our throat? How long were we rushing three knowing damn well we were getting absolutely zero pressure. I know our players weren't the best. But Sutton has fielded a much better defense with bad players before. He looked lost last year. I think Suttons defense got exposed last year not because of talent, but because refs emphasis on pass interference has made it harder for his soft zone defense to work. If hes going to succeed, and like I said... I'm giving him til the regular season to prove it, it has to be by abandoning everything that worked for him in the past. I was not at all impressed with how he tried to tinker with his scheme last year. I still think Sutton is a lot more Monte kiffin than he is Jim Johnson, and that's the wrong direction based on where the league is going.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 07:16 AM 08-18-2018
JFC, the defense plays without 5 of the eleven starters in a preseason game, they allow 14 points, and Pete decides to vaginal discharge all over the board. :-)
[Reply]
TEX 07:44 AM 08-18-2018
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
JFC, the defense plays without 5 of the eleven starters in a preseason game, they allow 14 points, and Pete decides to vaginal discharge all over the board. :-)
The 14 points came against mostly #1's. Atlanta had little problems moving the ball and could have added 6 more points had they decided to kick FG's instead of going for it on 4th and short a ccople times.

Yes, KC was without some starters, but so was Atlanta's offense.

If you like what you saw out of the JAG Collection defense, great! I sure didn't.
[Reply]
ping2000 07:45 AM 08-18-2018
Sutton sucks. It doesn't matter who is playing.
[Reply]
loochy 07:49 AM 08-18-2018
Originally Posted by ping2000:
It's the same damn thing every game, every time. 6 yard run. 10 yard run. 1 yard run. They convert on 3rd and forever with a pass over the middle. Repeat until touchdown.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 07:56 AM 08-18-2018
Originally Posted by ping2000:
Is that why the second, third, and fourth string defenses put up a shutout in the second half?
[Reply]
ping2000 08:42 AM 08-18-2018
Is that why the second, third, and fourth string defenses put up a shutout in the second half?
Against second, third, and fourth string offenses? He fucking sucks ass. We'll talk again after multiple implosions this year.
[Reply]
notorious 08:45 AM 08-18-2018
I don't see how anyone can look at the past few years defense and think that they have been as good as Denver's.

The numbers may be close, but the style and ability to win big games aren't even in the same universe.

Use your eyes FFS. It's obvious.
[Reply]
notorious 08:49 AM 08-18-2018
I don't expect any defense that Sutton puts on the field to dictate a game. The only hope I have is that the offense scores so much that our pass rush can tee off on the QB when we get leads.

Something similar to the Manning Colts.
[Reply]
JoeyChuckles 08:49 AM 08-18-2018
Sutton's defense should be called Sense of Impending Doom, because I constantly feel like they are about to fail, even when they somehow don't. Even in the good years.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:52 AM 08-18-2018
Denver has been one of the best in yards allowed and KC one of the worst. How the hell are the stats similar?

Low PPG is nice and all, but sucking between the 20s is not ideal.
[Reply]
kgrund 08:52 AM 08-18-2018
The 2015 Chiefs D, with healthy bodies, was playing near the level of the 2015 Donks.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 08:56 AM 08-18-2018
I feel like everyone is right in this thread. The defense is a problem, but... maybe worry AFTER we have our two starting ILB and all pro safety?

But... if they get injured, we are fucked.

But... we’ve been really good in points allowed.

But... we still have blown leads and lost in the playoffs.

But... our quarterback, known for being a game manager has been replaced by a Guns-out swinging dick.

But...

We will see.

I’d feel a lot better if we had another CB and speaks showed more than just a bull rush to the passer.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 14
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up