ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 44
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tesla Cybertruck
DaFace 10:45 PM 11-21-2019
Well, he said it was going to be different.

The #Cybertruck, Tesla’s all-new electric pickup truck, is here, and it can take a sledgehammer to the door while nary a dent. The all-electric pickup will offer up to 500 miles of range and start at $39,000. https://t.co/7a8YBicIkC

— WIRED (@WIRED) November 22, 2019

Starts at $40k, though. That's impressive.
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:33 PM 11-26-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
https://www.barstoolsports.com/iowa/...yCnPEXxFPCQGfM

According to Forbes, Tesla share price fell about 6 percent following the Cybertruck debut; this caused Musk’s net worth to drop to $768 million, leaving him with $23.6 billion.
Less publicized, but far more important, it lowered my net worth by a couple hundred bucks.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:08 PM 11-26-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
https://www.businessinsider.com/elec...-pounds-2019-7

Heh, Ford has a NORMAL functioning electric truck.

If Chevy/Dodge/Ford builds a normal pickup that has an electric power train Tesla can get fucked.
I watched a couple of videos on Tesla's truck that made a good point (even if I don't think people like you will be interested in it in its current form). If Tesla had released a truck that looks pretty much like every other truck, it's pretty unlikely ANYONE would buy it. Ford F150 people would likely keep buying Ford F150s (or the electric equivalent). Dodge Ram people would likely keep buying Dodge Rams. Truck buyers are notoriously loyal, so it's just plain unlikely that anyone who has driven a certain model of truck for years is going to change to a Tesla all of a sudden.

By going completely different, they'll appeal to a DIFFERENT audience in the beginning, allowing them to showcase what their version can do. In the future, if they decide to tone it down, they'll have a reputation to go off of and perhaps have more of a chance of convincing people.

So in short, this model isn't for traditional truck buyers because traditional truck buyers probably wouldn't have considered a Tesla anyway. By going so different on the look, though, you'll start to temper your concerns over time after seeing them popping up all over the place. In theory.

It's a very different approach, but it does make some sense.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:15 PM 11-26-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I watched a couple of videos on Tesla's truck that made a good point (even if I don't think people like you will be interested in it in its current form). If Tesla had released a truck that looks pretty much like every other truck, it's pretty unlikely ANYONE would buy it. Ford F150 people would likely keep buying Ford F150s (or the electric equivalent). Dodge Ram people would likely keep buying Dodge Rams. Truck buyers are notoriously loyal, so it's just plain unlikely that anyone who has driven a certain model of truck is going to change to a Tesla all of a sudden.

By going completely different, they'll appeal to a DIFFERENT audience in the beginning, allowing them to showcase what their version can do. In the future, if they decide to tone it down, they'll have a reputation to go off of and perhaps have more of a chance of convincing people.

So in short, this model isn't for traditional truck buyers because traditional truck buyers probably wouldn't have considered a Tesla anyway. By going so different on the look, though, you'll start to temper your concerns over time after seeing them popping up all over the place. In theory.

It makes some sense, but not particularly for me. I am a value guy. If I can get the same functionality or more for a better gig, I'm down. I just need reasonable assurance of reliability.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:00 PM 11-26-2019
I watched a couple of videos on Tesla's truck that made a good point (even if I don't think people like you will be interested in it in its current form). If Tesla had released a truck that looks pretty much like every other truck, it's pretty unlikely ANYONE would buy it. Ford F150 people would likely keep buying Ford F150s (or the electric equivalent). Dodge Ram people would likely keep buying Dodge Rams. Truck buyers are notoriously loyal, so it's just plain unlikely that anyone who has driven a certain model of truck for years is going to change to a Tesla all of a sudden.

If that's the case, then they blew it imo. The damn thing still needs to look like a truck, not a Mars rover. It needs to have some sort of appeal to a truck buyer. You can't just say, "ah fuck it, Ford guy is gonna buy Ford" and throw your arms up in the air. If you don't think you can compete with them and break into the segment, then why bother in the first place?

How about take a page from Toyota, and build a truck that truck guys want? The new Tundras for example. They weren't in the big truck market until they burst on the scene with their redesign.

Nissan, with the Titan. When that thing first came out you'd see it popping up all over construction sites. That was truck was hot when it was released.

Aggressive styling, comfort, and torque is what you need to pull buyers away from the big 3. It can be done. Nissan and Toyota have demonstrated that.

But that fucking thing in the OP? It's hard to imagine any working class, truck owning man wanting that.

You say they'll appeal to a different audience, but i can't imagine that thing selling enough to change anyone's mind.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:03 PM 11-26-2019
I'm still trying to figure out what demographic buys that.
[Reply]
MagicHef 04:23 PM 11-26-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I currently own a truck, I will definitely take a look at this once it's available.
[Reply]
DaFace 04:36 PM 11-26-2019
:-)

Apparently 200k people have already put down a deposit on one. Granted, it's only $100, and it's fully refundable, so it's a pretty weak gauge of commitment.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:57 PM 11-26-2019
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
I currently own a truck, I will definitely take a look at this once it's available.
As a work truck? As a toy hauler? Glorified grocery getter? What would you be doing with it?
[Reply]
MagicHef 05:17 PM 11-26-2019
As a work truck? As a toy hauler? Glorified grocery getter? What would you be doing with it?
My current truck (Titan) gets used for off-road/mountain road travel for camping and exploring, hauling lumber and supplies for building projects (personal, not work related), and has exactly the number of seats I need (6). The one downside is how much gas it uses.
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:33 PM 11-26-2019
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
My current truck (Titan) gets used for off-road/mountain road travel for camping and exploring, hauling lumber and supplies for building projects (personal, not work related), and has exactly the number of seats I need (6). The one downside is how much gas it uses.
Oh i meant the Tesla. You would use this Tesla truck for those same duties?
[Reply]
MagicHef 05:41 PM 11-26-2019
Oh i meant the Tesla. You would use this Tesla truck for those same duties?
Yes.
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 05:43 PM 11-26-2019
Too me it's not a truck or a SUV. It's more of a city ORV. Maybe it could be called a CORV. Plus would you need to have a Mohawk hair cut, wear a spiked leather collar, etc. to drive one?
[Reply]
srvy 05:44 PM 11-26-2019
Originally Posted by TrebMaxx:
Too me it's not a truck or a SUV. It's more of a city ORV. Maybe it could be called a CORV. Plus would you need to have a Mohawk hair cut, wear a spiked leather collar, etc. to drive one?
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 06:07 PM 11-26-2019

Apparently 200k people have already put down a deposit on one. Granted, it's only $100, and it's fully refundable, so it's a pretty weak gauge of commitment.
I hadn't seen it was 100 bucks. Wasn't the model 3 1000+? That seems like such a small amount it wouldn't give you good data to anticipate demand. It's nearly a throwaway amount if you're really considering a 55k + tax type truck
[Reply]
DaFace 06:17 PM 11-26-2019
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage:
I hadn't seen it was 100 bucks. Wasn't the model 3 1000+? That seems like such a small amount it wouldn't give you good data to anticipate demand. It's nearly a throwaway amount if you're really considering a 55k + tax type truck
Yep.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 44
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up