ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Media Center>Dave Chappelle: Stick & Stones on Netflix
WhawhaWhat 10:56 AM 08-29-2019
Just finished his new comedy special. He goes all in on Michael Jackson, metoo movement, LBGTQ community just in the first 15 minutes. He doesn't have anyone to answer to and you can tell.

Great special.
[Reply]
Sorry 11:15 AM 08-29-2019
I laughed my ass off the entire special, I feel like this one was a notch or two better than the previous special he had. This was classic Dave, and I know people are gonna hate on him lol.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 11:19 AM 08-29-2019
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Just finished his new comedy special. He goes all in on Michael Jackson, metoo movement, LBGTQ community just in the first 15 minutes. He doesn't have anyone to answer to and you can tell.

Great special.

Sounds like someone is sure to be offended.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 11:21 AM 08-29-2019
Dave is a genius.

First of all the man was clearly trying to offend anyone and everyone who was a sensitive pussy. It worked. I read about 20 articles within a week about how problematic it was. The Twitterati had a little tantrum. He tried to offend everyone, but really only one group of people started the typical crying about jokes.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 11:24 AM 08-29-2019
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
Sounds like someone is sure to be offended.
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...cks-and-stones

https://thegrapevine.theroot.com/did...d-h-1837656015

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertai...stones/596947/

Just the usual suspects.

Just go to google and type "Dave Chappelle sticks and stones problematic" into your little computer machine and watch the tears flow.
[Reply]
scho63 01:05 PM 08-29-2019
I watched it less than 24 hours after it was released for free on one of my sites. Laughed pretty damn hard for nearly all of it.

He is probably today's best story-telling comic and his ability to hold off on the punch line until he thinks the audience is right at the edge of their seats in anticipation is incredible. He has such a great cadence to his joke telling. Trying to even think of anyone who does it better. He just runs at HIS pace and doesn't speed up or front run his jokes before the audience is ready.

https://www4.fusionmovies.to/film/da...u3NR1/Ze3FZaY5

Make sure to have your Adblock Plus extension in Google Chrome and your Anti-virus software running. It will launch a new tab the first 2-3 times you click on the play button and all you do is close that tab.
[Reply]
Nickhead 12:59 AM 08-30-2019
chappelle is the man! i audibly laughed on at least 1,000 occasions :-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:45 AM 09-03-2019
Man, I was expecting much worse given the backlash, but I guess that highlights how sensitive the current environment is. I recently re-watched Delirious and the first couple minutes of that would explode the news cycle if released today.

S&S was highly enjoyable and I got some good laughs, but didn't think it was his best material. Seemed to come from a place of frustration rather than organic humor. I do appreciate how smart his jokes can be though, like the analogy of driving the car.

The Juicy Smolliet bit had me rolling though.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:33 AM 09-03-2019
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Man, I was expecting much worse given the backlash, but I guess that highlights how sensitive the current environment is. I recently re-watched Delirious and the first couple minutes of that would explode the news cycle if released today.

S&S was highly enjoyable and I got some good laughs, but didn't think it was his best material. Seemed to come from a place of frustration rather than organic humor. I do appreciate how smart his jokes can be though, like the analogy of driving the car.

The Juicy Smolliet bit had me rolling though.
Yeah, I was expecting a lot worse. A lot of Dave's jokes typically fall flat for me, historically. But I recognize his creativity and how technically good he is.

This one was more universally funny to me than a lot of his other stuff.

The deal about the the comedy central censorship was an example of how fucking good he is. If you read a transcript of the words it is really not funny. Fairly profound, but not funny.

Spoiler!

But his execution was impeccable. Goddamned hilarious.
[Reply]
MTG#10 07:54 AM 09-03-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
https://www4.fusionmovies.to/film/da...u3NR1/Ze3FZaY5

Make sure to have your Adblock Plus extension in Google Chrome and your Anti-virus software running. It will launch a new tab the first 2-3 times you click on the play button and all you do is close that tab.
You do realize its on Netflix, right?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:57 AM 09-03-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
But his execution was impeccable. Goddamned hilarious.
It's a good bit, but Mulaney did it even better, earlier.

:-)000000;width:520px;">

[Reply]
Buehler445 08:01 AM 09-03-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
It's a good bit, but Mulaney did it even better, earlier.

:-)000000;width:520px;">
Yeah, that's pretty damn funny.
[Reply]
banecat 09:48 AM 09-03-2019
He's brilliant. Makes ya laugh, and makes ya think
[Reply]
Rausch 09:48 AM 09-03-2019
Originally Posted by banecat:
He's brilliant. Makes ya laugh, and makes ya think
He's this generation's George Carlin...
[Reply]
banecat 10:15 AM 09-03-2019
Originally Posted by Rausch:
He's this generation's George Carlin...
And he's not as cynical and it doesn't look as though he's going to go in that direction
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up