Media Center>Nintendo Announces Switch Console
BigBeauford 01:44 PM 10-20-2016
I don't need it.

I don't need it.

I don't need it.

[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 06:56 AM 01-14-2017
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
There is a game where you milk cows using the pad things..Oh Nintendo. Mario and Zelda and what else ? I'd wait till Mario releases to see if any developers make games by fall.

This has to be Nintendo's last run at a console, if this fails let your games get on the other consoles
There's already over 80 games well into development that are slated for release within the 1st year from release.

Unlike with the Wii, Nintendo configured the hardware and tools to compile and port titles over WAY WAY easier like ps and xbox already had last generation. Tons of outside studios simply dropped making Wii versions of their titles because it was too much time and resources to make it worthwhile to bring them to Nintendo.

Nintendo is still not going toe to toe in raw horsepower, but they have close enough specs that the Switch will mean pretty much any nonexclusive titles will be capable of being ported without any significant amount of legwork necessary to release that they don't already do for Sony or Microsoft.
[Reply]
kcxiv 11:54 AM 01-14-2017
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
There's already over 80 games well into development that are slated for release within the 1st year from release.

Unlike with the Wii, Nintendo configured the hardware and tools to compile and port titles over WAY WAY easier like ps and xbox already had last generation. Tons of outside studios simply dropped making Wii versions of their titles because it was too much time and resources to make it worthwhile to bring them to Nintendo.

Nintendo is still not going toe to toe in raw horsepower, but they have close enough specs that the Switch will mean pretty much any nonexclusive titles will be capable of being ported without any significant amount of legwork necessary to release that they don't already do for Sony or Microsoft.
the big kicker is you can play your big games on the go. If you have to take the train or subway to work, you can now game on your ****ing Nintendo switch.

I am going to get it, but its not going to be until later in the year, im going to just buy Zelda for the WIiU and upgrade my PC gaming computer.
[Reply]
DMAC 01:52 PM 01-14-2017
You better behave or you'll get the switch.

YAY!!!
[Reply]
CoMoChief 11:42 PM 01-17-2017

[Reply]
CoMoChief 11:45 PM 01-17-2017
I guess this is a remastered version of the WiiU MK8

[Reply]
CoMoChief 11:55 PM 01-17-2017
Looks like they're bringing back the old 2D game style to the new Sonic game.

I get the nostalgic point of it and being different, but:

Nintendo's target audience isn't going the be the ones buying this game. The youth today that never experienced the old Sonic retro 2D game style is going to think this game is lame. If anyone it will be the 30+ yr olds buying this.

It looks underwhelming ...and I used to enjoy Sonic when I was younger. They could have been much more creative on this game. It's 2017 ...A 3D world would be much better...better graphics etc.

[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 12:10 AM 01-18-2017
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Looks like they're bringing back the old 2D game style to the new Sonic game.

I get the nostalgic point of it and being different, but:

Nintendo's target audience isn't going the be the ones buying this game. The youth today that never experienced the old Sonic retro 2D game style is going to think this game is lame. If anyone it will be the 30+ yr olds buying this.

It looks underwhelming ...and I used to enjoy Sonic when I was younger. They could have been much more creative on this game. It's 2017 ...A 3D world would be much better...better graphics etc.

Disagree. I love 2d scrolling games. Nothing wrong with offering them. It's not as if there's a shortage of 3D titles.
[Reply]
New World Order 12:34 AM 01-18-2017
Switch looks awesome.

I've always wanted an open world Mario game.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 12:39 AM 01-18-2017
There are benefits to both 2D and 3D platformers.

3D offers a more open world experience, but 2D is generally more frantic and difficult.

That Sonic game is definitely something I will be buying for my Switch when it comes out. The new Mario game looks ridiculous. They said they're going back to the Super Mario 64/Sunshine format, and that's music to my ears. SM64 is an absolute masterpeice. If they give me an updated version with better graphics I'll just directly send my paychecks to them.
[Reply]
New World Order 12:41 AM 01-18-2017
Originally Posted by JCharles25:
There are benefits to both 2D and 3D platformers.

3D offers a more open world experience, but 2D is generally more frantic and difficult.

That Sonic game is definitely something I will be buying for my Switch when it comes out. The new Mario game looks ridiculous. They said they're going back to the Super Mario 64/Sunshine format, and that's music to my ears. SM64 is an absolute masterpeice. If they give me an updated version with better graphics I'll just directly send my paychecks to them.

Zelda, Splatoon 2, MK8 at 1080p and open world Mario.

Hell, they're even giving me Fifa.

I'm in heaven.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 12:45 AM 01-18-2017
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Zelda, Splatoon 2, MK8 at 1080p and open world Mario.

Hell, they're even giving me Fifa.

I'm in heaven.
Yeah, this is most hyped up for a Nintendo console I've been in forever. Really think this thing will be the best Nintendo console since the N64.

If the rumours of a full fledged Pokemon game coming to the system are true, the Switch will be a juggernaut.
[Reply]
Jerm 05:23 PM 02-11-2017
Originally Posted by JCharles25:
If the rumours of a full fledged Pokemon game coming to the system are true, the Switch will be a juggernaut.
Oh you know there will be....along with a new Animal Crossing game which would immediately jump to near the top of my most anticipated.

Anyways needless to say I'm hyped and all in....already at over $600 just in pre-orders for this thing (including the console). We're so close, cannot wait.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:16 PM 03-02-2017
Playing the new Zelda game (although it's on WiiU).

Shit is fantastic.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:38 PM 03-02-2017
Mother of God
Attached: IMG_1503.jpg (74.7 KB) 
[Reply]
Buck 08:44 PM 03-02-2017
Zelda looks great. Too bad I gave away my WiiU before I moved across country. Don't think I can afford the Switch. Bummer.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Up