ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 19
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Pour one out for the sports bar.
Bob Dole 07:13 AM 11-30-2020
https://www.si.com/more-sports/2020/...19-daily-cover

Sobering. No pun intended.
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:24 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Some of you guys need to tell the young whippersnappers to get off your lawn. Or maybe go yell at some clouds.

[Reply]
Marcellus 04:26 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
Remember when you predicted that the Coronavirus death total wouldn't go over 5,000?

Hilarious...
I was way wrong, got me.

I still very easily understand the very obvious difference between government mandated lock downs and market capitalism, so I wouldn't be throwing stones if I were you.
[Reply]
notorious 04:31 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I don't know what it's like in your neck of the woods but when I go out with my friends, we don't hit bars, per se, we grab an awesome steak at Flemings or Cut or any other premiere steak joint, then head to a hotel of choice to hang out for the rest of the night such as The Roosevelt, The W Hollywood or even downtown to the Figueroa Hotel and Bar.

Those places are generally devoid of drunk idiots and loud sound systems so we're able to chat and hang out like adults.
I had a couple employees over the summers that were 19 and 20 years old. Talking to them opened my eyes to youth activities.

I’m just like you, only with much fewer options. Most of my friends (and myself) have pretty cool bar setups at their place which we find way nicer than putting up with the crap at a normal bar. Besides, my ring of friends has shrunk drastically as I’ve aged.

I might hit a bar once a year to catch a game with visiting friends, and I’ve always left disappointed.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 04:32 PM 11-30-2020
Some of you guys need to tell the young whippersnappers to get off your lawn. Or maybe go yell at some clouds.
There aren’t any children near me, so I’m relegated to yelling that at random dogs.
[Reply]
DaFace 04:33 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
There aren’t any children near me, so I’m relegated to yelling that at random dogs.
:-)

Sometimes you have to do what you have to do.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 04:34 PM 11-30-2020
:-)

Sometimes you have to do what you have to do.
I’ve honestly done it. It makes me laugh.
[Reply]
Marcellus 04:37 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
I had a couple employees over the summers that were 19 and 20 years old. Talking to them opened my eyes to youth activities.

I’m just like you, only with much fewer options. Most of my fiends (and myself) have pretty cool bar setups at their place which we find way nicer than putting up with the crap at a normal bar. Besides, my ring of friends has shrunk drastically as I’ve aged.

I might hit a bar once a year to catch a game with visiting friends, and I’ve always left disappointed.
I don't think people go to sports bars to watch specific games very often, at least not games of teams they are a fan of unless in out of market areas.

I watched a game last year in Chicago at Toons which is a Chiefs Bar and it was pretty insane. You had to get there an hour before kick off to get a decent seat. The place was wall to wall Chiefs fans having a blast. :-)

March Madness and stuff like that can be fun at a bar but I wouldn't go to one to watch a Chiefs game unless I was out of town.

I know the thread topic is specifically sports bars but I really look at this topic as effecting local restaurants, breweries and pubs etc...
[Reply]
tooge 04:44 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
In most cases now, even pre-covid, if you are in a bar and over 30 you're a overt/covert drunk. And all the 20 something's just think you are the old weird guy that had so many problems that not even the old crazy bar skank wanted to hang with you more than a night.
I live in a town outside of KC but not too far. Our local watering hole is mostly people I'd say from 35 to 65 years old. And it's NOT a bunch of overt/covert drunks. It's a bunch of people who's kids played sports together, went to school together, etc who can all go meet for a beer, grab a bite to eat, and tell stories and shit. It's called social gathering. I don't think I've ever been in there and not seen at least three people I know that I can catch up with. Maybe it's a unique local spot type of thing. We go almost every thursday night right after work (I'm off Friday). Generally we don't watch Chiefs games there, because I'd rather watch at home so I can do replays, and pause to take a piss or walk my dog.
[Reply]
Bugeater 04:46 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Atleast people back then made sacrifices for eachother. Today's generation cant even wear a mask.
Oh shut the hell up, this thread isn't about masks
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 04:53 PM 11-30-2020
I don't like sports bars to watch games of big importance to me but grabbing dinner with multiple tvs and different games is fine with the right atmosphere.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:21 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Oh shut the hell up, this thread isn't about masks
Suck my dick
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:24 PM 11-30-2020
I use to hang at sports bars. Now, it’s only on football game days. I go to a lot of different type of bars now.
[Reply]
sedated 05:25 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by tooge:
Comparing BWW to most sports bars is apples to oranges. It's the Home Depot of sports bars. The cool little local owned sports bars have unique foods, unique drinks, and unique decor and patrons. BWW people are all the same dude
What makes a true "sports bar"?

I've always had places near me that had TVs and they showed sports, but not what I would consider a sports bar. They hardly ever had the sound from the game and the workers rarely changed the TVs unless someone asked. Yeah they showed Chiefs games but I went to one for lunch and a local city council meeting was on half the TVs.
[Reply]
bdj23 05:29 PM 11-30-2020
I usually go to the bar when I know nobody will be there on Saturday and leave when the crowd shows up.

I'm an anti social drunk
[Reply]
notorious 05:31 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I don't think people go to sports bars to watch specific games very often, at least not games of teams they are a fan of unless in out of market areas.

I watched a game last year in Chicago at Toons which is a Chiefs Bar and it was pretty insane. You had to get there an hour before kick off to get a decent seat. The place was wall to wall Chiefs fans having a blast. :-)

March Madness and stuff like that can be fun at a bar but I wouldn't go to one to watch a Chiefs game unless I was out of town.

I know the thread topic is specifically sports bars but I really look at this topic as effecting local restaurants, breweries and pubs etc...
We had to cancel our March Madness trip to Vegas damnit. That would be like going to one GIGANTIC sports bar.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 19
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up