ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 340 of 382
« First < 240290330336337338339340 341342343344350 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
KCUnited 12:57 PM 12-18-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:

via GIPHY

Next time you visit I'm going to call ahead and have them put Bearcat Rules! on the marquee like its your birthday.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:00 PM 12-18-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Next time you visit I'm going to call ahead and have them put Bearcat Rules! on the marquee like its your birthday.
Will they sing to me?

I hope they sing to me.
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:05 PM 12-18-2021
Will they sing to me?

I hope they sing to me.
NOT IF THEY WANT A GOOD TIP FROM ME!

*shakes fist in air
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:41 PM 12-22-2021
Out of office has been set

Maplewood Cuppa Neat

[Reply]
Bearcat 08:44 PM 12-22-2021
Think I'll do some BCS tastings this weekend. :-)
[Reply]
phisherman 08:49 PM 12-22-2021
Well, I came down with Covid but fortunately I can still taste beers. Currently enjoying an Alma Mader black czech lager. Total chef's kiss beer.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:21 AM 12-23-2021
Originally Posted by phisherman:
Well, I came down with Covid but fortunately I can still taste beers. Currently enjoying an Alma Mader black czech lager. Total chef's kiss beer.
Damn bro sorry to hear it. Hope it doesn't tank your holiday (sounds like it isn't thus far).

Cheers.
[Reply]
TimBone 07:55 PM 12-23-2021
Man. Hope it passes quickly.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:36 PM 12-23-2021
Update on your ability to taste beer? I knew I had COVID last year when I made a margarita and licked the lime after squeezing it. I could not taste a thing! After that I went straight to wasabi paste and not a damn thing either. That's how I knew I had it. :-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:44 PM 12-23-2021
Random Bottle Logic drop here in Chicago. Bunch of different bottles hit around town.

I grabbed a Darkstar for nostalgia sake and passed on the rest but cool to see nonetheless.

[Reply]
phisherman 09:09 PM 12-23-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Update on your ability to taste beer? I knew I had COVID last year when I made a margarita and licked the lime after squeezing it. I could not taste a thing! After that I went straight to wasabi paste and not a damn thing either. That's how I knew I had it. :-)
Smell and taste are all still completely intact.

Tonight's treats are a bottle of 2016 Halia and some 16 year old L'Encantada armagnac. Both are hitting all the notes they're supposed to.
[Reply]
phisherman 09:14 PM 12-23-2021
Originally Posted by TimBone:
Man. Hope it passes quickly.
The Rona will never interfere with my ability to pack a box with cans!
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:43 PM 12-23-2021
Random Bottle Logic drop here in Chicago. Bunch of different bottles hit around town.

I grabbed a Darkstar for nostalgia sake and passed on the rest but cool to see nonetheless.
Nice, what else did you see? Actually scored a Red Eye November (2018, IIRC) and 2019 Reaction State a few weekends ago.
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:22 PM 12-23-2021
Nice, what else did you see? Actually scored a Red Eye November (2018, IIRC) and 2019 Reaction State a few weekends ago.
It seems to be a somewhat random distro in the fact that stores received different bottles. My regular store got Darkstar and More Time To Explain.

From what I've been able to track via social media and friends. These are the others floating around the city:

Red Eye
Technical Challenge
Dark Rituals
Electric Eden
Applied Science

Not sure how these limited disto deals work but would've preferred these drop literally any other time than right after the most expensive beer month of the year here haha.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:40 PM 12-23-2021
It seems to be a somewhat random distro in the fact that stores received different bottles. My regular store got Darkstar and More Time To Explain.

From what I've been able to track via social media and friends. These are the others floating around the city:

Red Eye
Technical Challenge
Dark Rituals
Electric Eden
Applied Science

Not sure how these limited disto deals work but would've preferred these drop literally any other time than right after the most expensive beer month of the year here haha.
Yeah, does seem random. More Time to Explain is a favorite... where Reaction State is all maple syrup, More Time to Explain is like blueberry pancakes with syrup.

Tried Applied Science last weekend and it's really good... thought I had posted that one here, but must have gotten distracted by your Mikerphone/BL collab, lol.

Picked up Electric Eden specifically for Christmas dinner/dessert.... looking forward to that one.
[Reply]
Page 340 of 382
« First < 240290330336337338339340 341342343344350 > Last »
Up