ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 27
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Hall of Classics>Chiefs are racist
falstaff 04:06 PM 08-01-2001
How can you guys be fans of a clearly racist team? Teams like the 'Redskins' and the 'Chiefs' are clearly depicting American Indians in an inappropriate manner. As if the white man has not done enough damage to the Indian culture and heritage, football teams like the Chiefs must portray Indians and their mascot and portray American Indians in a demoralizing manner.

The US would never stand for team names like the 'Honkies', 'Spooks', 'RagHeads', 'WOPs', or 'Slants'. Why then should we be subjected to the desecration of the American Indian?

By simply supporting this, what I consider to be a criminal organization, you are backing the negative portrayal of the American Indian. Therefore, I consider you not Chiefs fans, but racists. The path to Arrowhead Stadium is truly a Trail of Tears.
ExtremeChief 07:16 PM 08-01-2001
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by ExtremeChief

hmmm.... no mention of Chiefs...ok, well go ahead and stick with the wolf we have as a mascot.

thanks for the "evidence"

not a repeat...trooollllllllll
Warrior5 07:18 PM 08-01-2001
Now Cody's talking about toys. It's time to eat! Hope I'm having something with curry, pepperjack cheese, and avocado tonight.

Good luck Vindicator; hope you'll be able to enjoy Jackstack some day.

Keg, good luck with your lawn, and I hope the weevils haven't eaten all of your spice.

DQ is closing in 5 minutes.

Hopefully, Logical's Kalua troll will continue to simmer throughout the night in the emu.

Marissa Tomei has left with the wine.

I still hate hazelnuts.

And Elvis has never won a playoff game.
falstaff 07:19 PM 08-01-2001
MORE EVIDENCE (Get my point???)

But what are the issues for Native Americans today? Several of the most prominent are:

(1) "Legal" attempts to rescind or restrict tribal sovereignty rights.

(2) Misuse of Native American religious symbols, such as the eagle feather.

(3) Misuse of Native American likenesses, regalia, and titles as sports or educational "mascots," by schools, colleges, baseball and football teams.

(4) Continued incarceration of Native American political prisoners and AIM activists, when clemency or new trials are clearly called for.

(5) Misuse of Native American religion by so-called New Age spiritualists and "shamans."

(6) Failure of national Civil Rights organizations, or national initiatives such as the President's Commission on Race, to include Native American concerns, members, or input.

(7) Failure of other minorities, such as African Americans who are popular sports figures, to speak out against the abuse of American Indians by big-monied sports interests. Such minorities would not sit by silently if it were their own people who were stereotyped in this way, for example, if there were teams called the "Cleveland Black Bucks," "Washington Darkies," etc.

http://home.att.net/~Numberup/Nativeissues.htm
gh4chiefs 07:19 PM 08-01-2001
Falstaff,

If the Chiefs name is the biggest problem you have, then you're a pretty lucky guy or gal.

Will this crap NEVER end?:-)
Logical 07:19 PM 08-01-2001
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by falstaff
I fail to see how a WOLF is a CHIEF..

We have established that the Chiefs are CLEARLY associated with Native Americans. Please review the articles in previous posts. Try to be mature.
You truly must be dense or only read your own posts dude. The Chief mascot is a Wolf not an Indian, not a Chiefs head dress but a Wolf. Do you ever pay attention? I suggest you go back and read my post on slow roasted troll you are a serious candidate for the main course, and my neighbors dog is hungry!
Chiefs Pantalones 07:19 PM 08-01-2001
Alright falstaff!,

I'm tired of your chewbacca defense, so I'm gonna go play bball.
aturnis 07:20 PM 08-01-2001
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by aturnis
CODY! HAHA

Wolfs are Indians when your HIGH! HEHEHE

HA!

One of those rare occasions when you can type LOL after really laughing out loud!
Forced to re-post this one
Pearl Man 07:21 PM 08-01-2001
Chiefs fans,
I am stricken by the overwhelmingly immature responses nearly all of you have to the serious issue of racism in sports. Mr. Falstaff is simply trying to bring a very serious issue to light and what does he get? Literally hundreds of insults and ignorant one-sided responses. Despite what you Chief fans say, it is the affected party which determines what is offensive. Native Americans have been persecuted for centuries and have pride and dignity in their culture. This culture belongs to them alone. Thier culture should not be used by others in a role playing manner. One cannot become an Indian just because he or she dresses up like one. This action treats these proud people in a trivial fashion and is viewed as making a mockery of and poking fun at Indian culture. The use of American Indian imagery is an outdated and no longer acceptable practice. The Chiefs and all other teams that utilze Native American imagery should change their names out of respect for these people. Maybe you should change the name to the Kansas City Racists... Viva Falstaff...
Warrior5 07:24 PM 08-01-2001
Welcome to the board.
Hey since Cody is all mum, could you share with us your favorite recipes?
Anything is welcome, unless it has hazelnuts.
gh4chiefs 07:24 PM 08-01-2001
Pearlman,

IT"S A ******* FOOTBALL TEAM, NOTHING MORE NOTHING LESS!

If someone wants to be offended by something that silly, then they're going to get those kind of response.

Grow up and go tackle an issue that really matters. Like the conditions Native Americans live in on the reservations. And forget about the stupid **** like names because it doesn't amount to a hill of beans except for people who are just looking to stir up ****!
aturnis 07:24 PM 08-01-2001
HAHA Cody,

I didn't even realize he was using the Chewbacca defense, I was so confused it just slipped right by me.
aturnis 07:27 PM 08-01-2001
Pearlman, I guess if you are all mad about other people using other peoples culture you can all stop drinking for that is in the culture of my fellow Irishmen!
morphius 07:28 PM 08-01-2001
Logical - Next they are going to tell us that one American indians used arrowheads and had Chiefs. I have no urge to read this topic all the way through, but damn troll on a stick a little over cooked on the barbie sounds good right about now.
ExtremeChief 07:31 PM 08-01-2001
PearlMan,

Obviously, you haven't even read the posts. Many of us here have stated, time and time again, that:

A wolf, not a headress, indian, or such is our mascot

We would agree that Redskins and the Braves logo could be offensive to Native Americans

We find nothing derogatory in the name "Chiefs" and obviously, Falstaff doesn't either, since he has yet to answer the simple question "What is derogatory about the name Chiefs?"

The name Chiefs was derived out of respect for Mr. Bartle, not to make fun of Native Americans

An arrowhead is something very commonly found in creek and riverbeds in missouri...Missouri's motto is where the rivers run, so arrowheads are very common here

All of the "evidence" that has been posted by your friend Falstaff has failed to mention the Chiefs, and speaks of mascots, which the Chiefs is , again, a wolf.

thanks for playing...
gh4chiefs 07:34 PM 08-01-2001
I should have never opened this thread because I knew it was going to infuriate me. I'm thinking I know why the igore command was invented and I think I know a name or two to list.

Can I help you build that fire Morph?
Page 15 of 27
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up