ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 42 of 57
« First < 323839404142 4344454652 > Last »
Media Center>Captain Marvel
Fish 08:23 AM 09-18-2018

[Reply]
Hawk 03:34 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
That's just dumb and completely inaccurate. People putting together crap like this have a bigger agenda than the movie makers did.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:28 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
Thanks for saving me the typing exercise. I agree with every word.

My wife thought it was "boring". She was not impressed in the slightest.
Alot of it was just bland.

Also, i really like Brie Larson as an actress. Ive seen her in some good films, but i think shes miscast a little bit here. Just my opinion.....
[Reply]
mr. tegu 07:25 PM 03-12-2019
I didn’t have a problem with her becoming really powerful because of the time from when she got the powers until she really unleashes years had passed for her to feel them and learn about them. She didn’t know exactly what they could do but she did know they were more powerful than what she had been doing with them.
[Reply]
Rausch 11:51 PM 03-12-2019
Well, it's made over $400 million opening weekend so it's done well enough to get the sequel and move along as planned.

Love it or hate it we'll see more of it and Feige's comments back that up. Disney isn't stupid - they learned from TLJ. They put the MCU's first SJW film right before what is perhaps the most anticipated film in history. Even if Endgame is a terrible movie it will hit $1 billion. It might do that it's first week.

There will be no protest by fans who hated this film staying home for the next one. No one who enjoys the MCU is boycotting Endgame. Carl Manvers will have a successful origin move and will be in a successful Endgame movie.

Disney has no motivation to change anything they're planning - and at the end of this moth the Fox deal is final. They'll have an entire Marvel universe to play with (minus exclusive rights to Hulk and Spidey) and you'll buy their product or walk away...
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 06:38 AM 03-13-2019
THEY STILL DIDN'T EXPLAIN A GOOD ENOUGH REASON FOR WHY FURY WOULDN'T HAVE CALLED HER IN FOR THE EVENTS OF AVENGERS 1, 2, or the START OF INFINITY WAR!....that's my only gripe still. Otherwise it wasn't too bad.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 06:47 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
THEY STILL DIDN'T EXPLAIN A GOOD ENOUGH REASON FOR WHY FURY WOULDN'T HAVE CALLED HER IN FOR THE EVENTS OF AVENGERS 1, 2, or the START OF INFINITY WAR!....that's my only gripe still. Otherwise it wasn't too bad.
Maybe it gets explained in end game...also they found their other heroes.
[Reply]
DaFace 06:57 AM 03-13-2019
Chronologically, none of those had happened yet during the events of CM. If they explain that, it'll be during Endgame.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 09:21 AM 03-13-2019
You have to let it go, by your mindset why weren't the Xmen, Fantastic Four, Silver Surfer, Adam Warlock, etc in either of these Infinity War movies? Technically she told him it's only for emergencies; in Avengers 1 Fury had faith that the team could take down the threat, even telling his higher ups not to nuke the city when the invasion was going on so maybe it didn't reach "Emergency" level yet. In Avengers 2 they had the situation as under control as it could be and were down to destroying the floating city and evacuating it, not necessarily Captain Marvel necessity. Oh yeah and the last thing, because they hadn't thought to bring in Captain Marvel into the MCU when those movies were made and hadn't cast the actress yet.
[Reply]
Shaid 11:07 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by JD10367:
Not sure why people have a problem with “Captain Marvel”. I thought it was very good and I put it in my top tier of Marvel movies along with “Black Panther”, “The Avengers”, “Iron Man”, “Deadpool”, “Guardians of the Galaxy”, and the three “Captain America” films (and a notch above “Doctor Strange” and “Ant-Man”). The music fit the period. The story, while complicated in parts and draggy in parts, told the story it wanted to tell (and honestly I don't know what I would've done to make it any better). Brie Larsen was very good, actually probably better than almost all Marvel actors aside from RDJ (who was simply born to play Tony Stark); I didn't find her wooden at all, and she had strength and humor. The girl-power stuff was in there, but it wasn't overdone or overbearing (no more so than any other female-powered piece of media, be it “Wonder Woman” or “Aliens” or the “Buffy” TV series). To quote the great poet Madonna (“Human Nature”), I can't help but chalk up a lot of the hate of this film to “would it sound better if I were a man”, because if Brie Larsen was Bob Larsen I don't think anyone would be complaining.
I thought it was good as well but no, it doesn't hit that top echelon of movies for me at all. It was a solid movie, good introduction to the character that is gonna "save the Universe", etc. I don't feel an immediate need to go watch it again.
[Reply]
Hawk 02:46 PM 03-13-2019
It's an origin story, and to me it fell in line with other Marvel origin stories like Thor and the first Captain America movie and Black Panther in terms of quality (Iron Man is still the best origin movie of the bunch). Like the other origin stories, it's a good, solid, entertaining movie, but not in my top group of favorite Marvel movies. I have enjoyed all the Marvel movies, and I enjoyed this one, but it falls middle of the pack for me.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 05:03 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
:-)
[Reply]
bowener 01:42 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
Let's see. Tony Stark didn't have full control over his suit when he first donned it. Captain America didn't either as shown in the the chase scene just minutes after he transformed. Spider-Man obviously took a while to understand his stuff. Thor is like 100 years old by the time his first movie came out. Scarlett and her bro were mutants from birth and were adults when we saw their powers so they had time to learn. Black Panther was a warrior prince trained from birth and his power up enhanced all his knowledge of fighting. Dr. Strange trained his butt off before he really came to the forefront. Ant Man had a learning curve as well. Banner is still learning how to turn on and off his powers and think clearly while green. If I missed someone let me know. Marvel has carefully made sure our super heroes had to go through something to get where they are now or they already were in the prime of their powers when they were introduced. So you are wrong. :-)
And Captain Marvel trained as a soldier, then for 6 years as some kind of warrior apprentice where she learned how to use a weakened version of her powers. When she does get full control of them there are several scenes where she fucks up trying to aim or use them right. So, if your argument is that she suddenly had her power thrust upon her and could manage them perfectly, you are an idiot or didn't actually watch the movie.

My review of the film is a C, if you were curious. I found it boring, and though the story was worth telling, they did it poorly. CM suffers from the same issue that super man does, namely that they are so fucking powerful there is literally no reason to doubt they will win every time. Every story with them is a foregone conclusion.
[Reply]
FAX 04:02 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by bowener:

My review of the film is a C, if you were curious. I found it boring, and though the story was worth telling, they did it poorly. CM suffers from the same issue that super man does, namely that they are so ****ing powerful there is literally no reason to doubt they will win every time. Every story with them is a foregone conclusion.
I Super Agree with this.

The only conceivable way that you can write an arc for Superman or Captain Marvel is to create tension and strife associated with their "human" aspect - as opposed to their powers. Resolution has no impact, purpose, or meaning without some form of personal struggle.

In CM's case, that would involve some form of conflict dealing with a female. As a writer, this of course, leads you to consider something like menopausal cramps, or a kitchen cooking failure, or an online makeup purchase gone bad, or something similar. And if you do that the fanboys would hate it.

FAX
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 04:05 PM 03-14-2019
Headed to see it tonight.
[Reply]
2112 04:16 PM 03-14-2019
It did it’s job as an intro for the character into end game. And that was it’s purpose
[Reply]
Page 42 of 57
« First < 323839404142 4344454652 > Last »
Up