ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 56 of 130
« First < 6465253545556 5758596066106 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Official 2017 STL Cardinals Thread
BigRedChief 08:06 PM 01-27-2017
My as well get it started. Here's my "Matheny" lineup.....

Fowler CF
Diaz SS
Carpenter 1B
Piscotty RF
Grichuk LF
Molina C
Peralta 3B
Wong 2B
Pitcher

My "Matheny" Starting rotation

Martinez
Reyes
Wainwright
Lynn
Leake
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:21 PM 06-06-2017
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Wait wait wait... The Cardinals challenged a catch in foul territory arguing that their own player didn't make the catch? Win the challenge to take a run off the board, proceed to walk the hitter, and then give up a grand slam after? Is this real life? I've never heard of a team challenging a call against their own team.
Tells you how good this offense is.

3rd inning of a 1 run game against the worst pitching staff in baseball and we're handling it like it's the 9th of a tie game vs. Koufax.

This team is goddamn garbage.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:23 PM 06-06-2017
Not spending another dime till Matheny is gone
[Reply]
Frazod 09:40 PM 06-06-2017
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Yep. Let's hope that catches on.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:42 PM 06-06-2017
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:

Save Our Cardinals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
O.city 07:50 AM 06-07-2017
Trade everyone
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:52 AM 06-07-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
Trade everyone
Yes, Yes :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:34 AM 06-07-2017
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Save Our Cardinals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's been done.

My Cardinals board flew a banner over spring training about 15 years ago. It even got some comments from LaRussa and the Post Dispatch.

I just don't understand what the hell they extended Matheny for. It made no sense at the time and it just gets clearer by the day. Mozeliak said he'd "walk the plank" for Matheny and it's past time to take him up on the offer.

If Mozeliak insists on going down with Matheny, go ahead and oblige him. Mozeliak isn't bad at his job but he's not particularly good at it either. If getting him gone gets rid of Matheny as well, it's a no-brainer.

This organization needs an enema. Flores is the only guy I'd keep (and I don't think I'd promote him).

It still chaps my ass that we passed on Chris Antonetti way back when and why oh why didn't we hire Tito?

Oh well, I'm still firmly on the Gabe Kapler bandwagon. I love listening to that guy talk baseball. He knows his shit.
[Reply]
scho63 09:38 AM 06-07-2017
This entire division is in rebuilding mode. Looks like it's going to be an ugly year especially for my Pirates.
[Reply]
jd1020 09:54 AM 06-07-2017
Originally Posted by scho63:
This entire division is in rebuilding mode. Looks like it's going to be an ugly year especially for my Pirates.
Too bad the Pirates didn't really want to trade McCutchen before he became a salary dump.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:58 AM 06-07-2017
THEY TOOK A FUCKING OUT OFF THE BOARD IN THE THIRD INNING OF A 1-RUN GAME TO SAVE A SINGLE DAMN RUN!!!!!

I'm still dumbfounded by this. Runners on 1st and 3rd and 1 out, the umpire awards the out and the runner tags/scores. Matheny challenges like it's fucking game 7, takes the run off but the ball is ruled foul. So now we're back to runners on 1st and 3rd with one out rather than a runner on 1st and 2 out. So naturally, Wainwright walks the guy and now the bases are loaded.

And with a 3-2 count and no place to put him, Wainwright grooves a pitch for Gennett to absolutely clobber and the game was effectively over.

Because our fucking retarded manager treated a single run scored in the third inning at a launching pad by a team with the worst pitching staff in baseball like it was the bottom of the 9th in game 7.

Jesus tapdancing Christ I hate that asshole.
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:34 AM 06-07-2017
A couple of seasons ago I said Carpenter was a head case and got jumped on by several people about how it was just that he was too wound up. I argued yea he has mental issues and got jumped on for that.

Seems both may have been wrong and in fact he may just suck as a baseball player. I don't remember seeing many players fall this hard but given the chance they need to unload him ASAP.
[Reply]
raybec 4 02:42 PM 06-08-2017
This losing streak has shown some of the worst fucking baseball I've ever watched both on the field and in the dugout. Just abysmal.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:27 PM 06-08-2017
Originally Posted by Marcellus:

Seems both may have been wrong and in fact he may just suck as a baseball player. I don't remember seeing many players fall this hard but given the chance they need to unload him ASAP.
Cumulative WAR since 2013:

Matt Carpenter #16 among all batters in baseball, at 19.5.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:11 PM 06-08-2017
Down 5 to zip and Turdy Pham kills the "rally"

"Watching replay"
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:16 PM 06-08-2017
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Cumulative WAR since 2013:

Matt Carpenter #16 among all batters in baseball, at 19.5.
Whats it been the last 2 years? Make sure to include this season.
[Reply]
Page 56 of 130
« First < 6465253545556 5758596066106 > Last »
Up