ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 106 of 130
« First < 65696102103104105106 107108109110116 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Official 2017 STL Cardinals Thread
BigRedChief 08:06 PM 01-27-2017
My as well get it started. Here's my "Matheny" lineup.....

Fowler CF
Diaz SS
Carpenter 1B
Piscotty RF
Grichuk LF
Molina C
Peralta 3B
Wong 2B
Pitcher

My "Matheny" Starting rotation

Martinez
Reyes
Wainwright
Lynn
Leake
[Reply]
Rams Fan 11:40 AM 12-13-2017
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
That's a fake account.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:41 AM 12-13-2017

#STLCards working multiple tracks in addition to Ozuna. Per sources, still talking with #Rays (Colome, possibly Longoria) and free-agent relievers (Nicasio). Other teams also on Colome with prices of free-agent relievers soaring.

— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) December 13, 2017

[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:42 AM 12-13-2017
:-)
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
That's a fake account.
sorry guys
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:42 AM 12-13-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Nope.

When something sounds really stupid, always check followers.

Clearly a dupe account.
All you had to do was look at his other tweets. :-)

Breaking: #Dodgers Acquire Giancarlo Stanton in exchange for Yasiel Puig Chris Taylor and Cody Bellingers. Miami eats 23.6% of contract. #Marins #LADodgers

— Ken Rosenthal (@ken_rosenthal_6) December 4, 2017

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:43 AM 12-13-2017
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Texted my Rays fan buddy. He says it's Kelly and a AA outfielder for Colume.
That isn't horrible given that it probably saves the Cardinals $20 million or so over the 3 years that they'll have control on Colome as well as give them a window to extend him using that leverage. If the Cardinals can save $20 million in cash, then you have to ask if Kelly and the OFer are $20 million assets. Eh...that's probably about fair.

If they're hell-bent on acquiring a 'proven' reliever, they could've gotten screwed worse (presuming that said AA outfielder isn't Arozarena, which would piss me right off; wouldn't be pleased to lose Mercado either).

It's the opportunity cost that annoys me. Kelly has value for a lot of teams and given how close he is to starter-ready right now, I think his floor would make him a pretty high-end asset. I'd still rather see them make a move for a far cheaper setup man, get him adapted/adjusted to the 9th and then move Kelly as part of a deal for Machado but they clearly aren't heading down that path.

Colome isn't a bad pitcher. He isn't as good as his 40+ saves made him appear, but he's capable; an average closer. The problem is that average closers should be built, not bought.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:02 PM 12-13-2017
Trading Piscotty would be assine for the Cardinals.
[Reply]
O.city 12:04 PM 12-13-2017
Apparently Ozuna to cards a done deal
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:04 PM 12-13-2017
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Trading Piscotty would be assine for the Cardinals.
#Moestuff
[Reply]
bdj23 12:12 PM 12-13-2017
Sweet!

Wonder what we gave up?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:16 PM 12-13-2017
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Sweet!

Wonder what we gave up?
Grichuk and Alcantara seems a virtual certainty. Is the third prieve Hudson or Flaherty? That's where this deal gets iffy, IMO.
[Reply]
O.city 12:29 PM 12-13-2017
So will it be the normal overpay, then overpay for someone else who is decent, but when adding all the guys they gave up they could have made a big move for a bigger bat kind of thing?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:32 PM 12-13-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
That isn't horrible given that it probably saves the Cardinals $20 million or so over the 3 years that they'll have control on Colome as well as give them a window to extend him using that leverage. If the Cardinals can save $20 million in cash, then you have to ask if Kelly and the OFer are $20 million assets. Eh...that's probably about fair.

If they're hell-bent on acquiring a 'proven' reliever, they could've gotten screwed worse (presuming that said AA outfielder isn't Arozarena, which would piss me right off; wouldn't be pleased to lose Mercado either).

It's the opportunity cost that annoys me. Kelly has value for a lot of teams and given how close he is to starter-ready right now, I think his floor would make him a pretty high-end asset. I'd still rather see them make a move for a far cheaper setup man, get him adapted/adjusted to the 9th and then move Kelly as part of a deal for Machado but they clearly aren't heading down that path.

Colome isn't a bad pitcher. He isn't as good as his 40+ saves made him appear, but he's capable; an average closer. The problem is that average closers should be built, not bought.
his quote when I asked him which outfielder....."Hearing many names most I don't like". Of course he's just a Fan that follows the team real close. No inside info.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:36 PM 12-13-2017
MLB tv crawl reporting Ozuna to the Cardinals is a done deal.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:43 PM 12-13-2017
Rumors surrounding the Cards suggest they may still go after Longoria or Donaldson.

That lineup might be the best in the bigs 1-8 if they make a deal for one of them.
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:49 PM 12-13-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Rumors surrounding the Cards suggest they may still go after Longoria or Donaldson.

That lineup might be the best in the bigs 1-8 if they make a deal for one of them.
that's a tough choice, Donaldson is a giant douche who would be hard to root for, Longoria is not very good anymore.
[Reply]
Page 106 of 130
« First < 65696102103104105106 107108109110116 > Last »
Up