Pitcher

Edit:
Matheny fired 07/14/2018

Opening Day Roster
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Frazod 02:18 PM 04-15-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
looks like they have about 50 people in the stands.
I heard the White Sox home opener had less than a thousand actually show up.

The weather sucks balls up here this month.

And before you tell us all how nice it is in Florida.... :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:50 PM 04-15-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I heard the White Sox home opener had less than a thousand actually show up.

The weather sucks balls up here this month.

And before you tell us all how nice it is in Florida.... :-)
actually this afternoon we had a bunch of storms pass through. Had tornado warnings out and rotations spotted in clouds. Had to go out in the rain and secure the cover for my Davit motor.
[Reply]
bdj23 02:52 PM 04-15-2018
Bader got a jump on that one like me in my beer league softball lol

Not complaining, it just made me laugh
[Reply]
Frazod 02:54 PM 04-15-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
actually this afternoon we had a bunch of storms pass through. Had tornado warnings out and rotations spotted in clouds. Had to go out in the rain and secure the cover for my Davit motor.
That actually makes me feel a bit better. Thanks! :-)
[Reply]
bdj23 02:58 PM 04-15-2018
Good thing we miss Hugh Darvish this week.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 04:28 PM 04-15-2018
That is a sweep.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:51 PM 04-15-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
That is a sweep.
almost blew another brilliant start by Martinez. 7 innings/0 ER/2 hits/10 strikeouts

I heard Matheny talking about working in Holland. Trying to find him spots to pitch. I don’t understand why they brought up Holland if he wasn’t ready. Why not let him stay down there until he was ready?
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 04:57 PM 04-15-2018
Better get someone ready quick because Norris sure as hell isnt a long term solution.
[Reply]
VAChief 06:38 AM 04-16-2018
Carpenter does not look healthy. He doesn't seem either willing (or able) to go with any pitch away and the shift is killing him. His arm is atrocious. I like that he is still patient, but he looks relieved to take a walk. Lead off is not the answer. I know it is drastic but I would drop him down in the lineup and let him sit more until he proves he can produce. Let Gyorko play third. Keep Fowler hitting leadoff, followed by Pham, Ozuna, Martinez, Molina, DeJung, and Wong/Carpenter.

We can't afford Carpenter at 3rd on an everyday basis and you can't take significan at bats away from Martinez. Best fit for him is 2b where he is also a defensive liability, and at least right now not even an offensive upgrade there either.

We missed our chance to collect big on him in the off season.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:55 AM 04-16-2018
Originally Posted by VaChief:
I know it is drastic but I would drop him down in the lineup and let him sit more until he proves he can produce. Let Gyorko play third. Keep Fowler hitting leadoff, followed by Pham, Ozuna, Martinez, Molina, DeJung, and Wong/Carpenter.
Not a chance of Carp batting 7/8.
Originally Posted by VAChief:
Carpenter does not look healthy. He doesn't seem either willing (or able) to go with any pitch away and the shift is killing him.
His back may be hurting more than he and the team are letting on. If thats true, that means its not going to get better.
We can't afford Carpenter at 3rd on an everyday basis and you can't take significan at bats away from Martinez. Best fit for him is 2b where he is also a defensive liability, and at least right now not even an offensive upgrade there either.
How many plays a year does an "arm" make a difference at 3B? Usually the best at 3B are the best because they gloved a ball or got to one that others couldn't. But, thats still not his strength.
We missed our chance to collect big on him in the off season.
I dont know if he had "big" value but he had some. He needs to bat leadoff tonight. We dont need stats or WAR. We all can see it, for whatever reason, if you put Carp at leadoff he will give you a season of .285/12/70 and a OPS of near .400. We have enough data. We have seen enough. You want that line, put him in the leadoff spot.

We need a #3 hitter. 3B is the obvious spot unless as part of the trade we open up a spot or get a SS and slide DeJong over to 3B.

With our young pitching and a solid #3 hitter we can beat the Cubs and win playoff games.
[Reply]
O.city 08:11 AM 04-16-2018
Carpenter was valuable when he could hit leadoff and play 2nd, not having to be the guy in the middle of the order.

He looks to be breaking down at this point anyway.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:48 AM 04-16-2018
The 2 and 3 hitters plus the bullpen management will doom what should be a pretty good team.
[Reply]
O.city 08:53 AM 04-16-2018
Yeah, the 2 hitter is really killing them

Eyeroll
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:59 AM 04-16-2018
Trade for Odell Machado!
[Reply]
O.city 09:06 AM 04-16-2018
They tried to trade for Machado, and the Rams attempted to trade for Odell. I'm not sure what you think you're accomplishing with that?
[Reply]
Page 43 of 301
« First < 333940414243 444546475393143 > Last »
Up