ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 31
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>We have a new GM and his name is Brett Veach
okiedokieokoye 02:36 PM 07-10-2017
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
From @TomPelissero and me: The #Chiefs are finalizing a deal for Brett Veach to be their new GM.
[Reply]
JakeF 07:06 PM 07-11-2017
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I thought Dorsey was a 'Reid guy' from his Green Bay days? Andy was the guy who went out and recommended him to Hunt.

Why would he make a power play and screw him over?
Maybe things didn't turn out the way that Reid expected with Dorsey. Plenty of buffer between Dorsey and Reid in Green Bay. Reid got Dorsey the job so maybe he expected Dorsey to do what he wanted when it came to the important stuff. Dorsey expected to have the power of a GM since he had the title of GM. Power clashes change things in a hurry even if people are friends. I can't believe people can look at the weird way this all shook out and claim there was nothing to it. It was all just one big coincidence and Reid was simply a bystander. It doesn't matter than Reid could have saved Dorsey's job by refusing to sign his new contract. Super friend Reid just kept his eyes down and fingers in his ears while his friend lost his job.

At the very least, Andy Reid was ok with the firing of his friend. Why did Reid suddenly not care that Dorsey was being fired? Reid had to be pissed at Dorsey for something or he would have saved Dorsey's job.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:24 PM 07-11-2017
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Maybe things didn't turn out the way that Reid expected with Dorsey.
More speculation that has been refuted time and time again by national and local writers.

Stop it.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:48 PM 07-11-2017
a) Did NOT see that coming.

b) So exciting!zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:50 PM 07-11-2017
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
a) Did NOT see that coming.

b) So exciting!zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
Then renounce your fandom, AGAIN, and go the fuck away.

No one would miss your stupid ass.

You bring absolutely nothing to this forum.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:54 PM 07-11-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Then renounce your fandom, AGAIN, and go the fuck away.

No one would miss your stupid ass.

You bring absolutely nothing to this forum.
Aw honey, is your tampon giving you the toxic shock again? You should probably change that thing.
[Reply]
Buzz 07:56 PM 07-11-2017
Give me Carl Peterson negotiating skills and the last few years of eye for talent, we could go some where. Remains to be seen on both accounts.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:23 PM 07-11-2017
Originally Posted by Buzz:
Give me Carl Peterson negotiating skills and the last few years of eye for talent, we could go some where. Remains to be seen on both accounts.
It's all bullshit from the King Factory of Bullshit.

You'll get a nice little yes man MORE than willing to sign off on every dumbass move Reid can dream up, while Clark gets a genteel little feller who won't dare address him with such brash language as his replacement!

This team is owned and run by pussies so fucking pathetic, even a two foot wop bitch like McCloud could kick their asses, and that's REALLY saying something.
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:25 PM 07-11-2017

You'll get a nice little yes man MORE than willing to sign off on every dumbass move Reid can dream up, while Clark gets a genteel little feller who won't dare address him with such brash language as his replacement!

This team is owned and run by pussies so fucking pathetic, even a two foot wop bitch like McCloud could kick their asses, and that's REALLY saying something.
JFC you are making no sense.

Clark walked in and fucking fired the guy and he supposedly had no idea it was coming and he's a pussy?
[Reply]
HemiEd 08:26 PM 07-11-2017
It's probably for the best.

Continuity and all that.

Plus, the league sees Veach as a rising star. Now, he just has to live up to those expectations.
Agreed, I was being facetious as the very first suggestion I saw in the big Dorsey thread suggested Veach.

I am all for continuity, it is how things work out long term from my experience.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:27 PM 07-11-2017
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
JFC you are making no sense.

Clark walked in and fucking fired the guy and he supposedly had no idea it was coming and he's a pussy?
He's a genteel little shitheel at best. I hate that entire fucking family, and wouldn't shed one fucking tear if they all fell over dead tomorrow.
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:58 PM 07-11-2017

This team is owned and run by pussies so ****ing pathetic, even a two foot wop bitch like McCloud could kick their asses, and that's REALLY saying something.
All BS aside, I think it's very concerning that we fired one of the league's better executives without any warning and after letting the best replacement candidate go just months earlier, with the owner claiming it was about money/contract extension.

That would make anyone concerned about the direction of the team. What teams let quality executives go over money? What teams fire GMs in the middle of the summer? This is Bills/Browns type of stuff, not what we aspire to.

We can all hope that Veach doesn't turn out to be a Reid stooge, and turns out to be a great executive but this situation played out pretty similarly in Philadelphia after Reid's team fell off a cliff following the Super Bowl and it didn't end well. In Reid usual fashion he was not good enough to get over the hump, but not bad enough to get fired and it took 5 or 6 more years to play out.

Hopefully that scenario isn't going to play out here.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 08:59 PM 07-11-2017
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
Clark walked in and ****ing fired the guy and he supposedly had no idea it was coming and he's a pussy?
playing devil's advocate: if you care more about dress code or communication than results, that could make you a pussy in some people's eyes
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 09:03 PM 07-11-2017
At least this new guy will keep his office clean and pick up a discarded candy wrapper. Standards must be kept!
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:11 PM 07-11-2017
I was a horrible, horrible decision. He should have asked to renegotiate, so that the dead money wouldn't have been so large.
I'm not sure a renegotiation was even doable...if Maclin takes say $8 mil...and wipes the $2.6 in dead money, it's still $5.4 more against the cap THIS year. They didn't have it...they were at $3.5

I seriously doubt Maclin would have accepted $6 million from KC. His salary was $12.4 million this year..so they DID save almost $10 million.

No. Didn't you read the link? Mahomes will count less than $3 million against the cap.
Not sure how his deal will be structured but Forbes had the #10 pick slated at $4+ million for 2017.

Who cares if Reid knew? Dorsey's the GM and made the decision. But it's how he made the decision that was the final straw for Clark Hunt.
Well..Reid has a lot of power. He always said Dorsey handles the business side...unless it hangs him out to dry. He's a player's coach and to have his hand-picked WR dumped a week after his wedding kind of clowns him.

I would understand Reid being pissed if he was out of the loop on that particular situation...and wasn't at least consulted on it.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:47 PM 07-11-2017
Originally Posted by Cochise:
All BS aside, I think it's very concerning that we fired one of the league's better executives without any warning and after letting the best replacement candidate go just months earlier, with the owner claiming it was about money/contract extension.

That would make anyone concerned about the direction of the team. What teams let quality executives go over money? What teams fire GMs in the middle of the summer? This is Bills/Browns type of stuff, not what we aspire to.

We can all hope that Veach doesn't turn out to be a Reid stooge, and turns out to be a great executive but this situation played out pretty similarly in Philadelphia after Reid's team fell off a cliff following the Super Bowl and it didn't end well. In Reid usual fashion he was not good enough to get over the hump, but not bad enough to get fired and it took 5 or 6 more years to play out.

Hopefully that scenario isn't going to play out here.
All BS aside...

YA' THINK?!? :-)

The move is just about as Amateur Hour as anything I've ever seen the Chiefs do, and I believe we ALL have seen the Chiefs perform THAT trick with regularity over the course of DECADES.

It's in the blood of that family, and its absolutely one( if not the only reason needed )more prime example of why absentee ownership is a horrible practice.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 31
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up