ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 52 of 268
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662102152 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Episode VIII SPOILERS thread
DaneMcCloud 03:28 PM 01-20-2016
For all things Episode VIII related info including spoilers.

The release date is now December 15, 2017.

The Official Synopsis from Star Wars.com

“In Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Skywalker saga continues as the heroes of The Force Awakens join the galactic legends in an epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens in U.S. theaters on December 15, 2017.”

New footage in Japanese Trailer

[Reply]
The Franchise 01:37 PM 05-23-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
hnnnnnng

Is that Brienne of fucking Tarth?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:43 PM 05-23-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
She was in The Force Awakens...
[Reply]
Bowser 02:22 PM 05-23-2017
Yes it is. Captain Phasma. The very same one Chewie knocked the fuck out.

https://youtu.be/cwwer6_FCs4?t=54s
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:46 PM 05-23-2017
She was in The Force Awakens...
Did they show her face in that movie? I don't remember seeing her.
[Reply]
Bowser 02:53 PM 05-23-2017
Did they show her face in that movie? I don't remember seeing her.
Nope, she had the bucket on the whole time. Supposedly she takes it off in VIII.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 04:07 PM 05-23-2017
Obi-Wan movie is happening.

http://fandom.wikia.com/articles/ewa...strange-disney
I'm surprised they would green light this before gauging the reaction to the Han Solo movie.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:09 PM 05-23-2017
Originally Posted by Gadzooks:
I'm surprised they would green light this before gauging the reaction to the Han Solo movie.
Why? It has no bearing whatsoever.

Furthermore, KK and Lucasfilm have the "Galaxy" mapped out until 2030.
[Reply]
unlurking 04:28 PM 05-23-2017
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Nope, she had the bucket on the whole time. Supposedly she takes it off in VIII.
Total waste of a character. I can't believe how much they hyped her.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:31 PM 05-23-2017
Originally Posted by unlurking:
Agreed. After the fact, it seemed almost like it was a "OMG, did you hear that they were getting the tall chick from Game of Thrones in a Star Wars movie???" type of shtick. Disappointed. Hopefully they do better by her and that character in VIII.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:35 PM 05-23-2017
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Agreed. After the fact, it seemed almost like it was a "OMG, did you hear that they were getting the tall chick from Game of Thrones in a Star Wars movie???" type of shtick. Disappointed. Hopefully they do better by her and that character in VIII.
Originally Posted by unlurking:
They hyped the character for marketing purposes but in reality, many of her scenes ended up on the cutting room floor (old expression for editing - not really valid today since movies are edited in AVID).

As much as JJ Abrams has taken "credit" for co-writing, directing and producing the film, the final version was heavily influenced (and in some cases, additional shots) by Ava Duvernay and Steven Spielberg (among others).

I expect a totally different film from Rian Johnson.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 04:40 PM 05-23-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Why? It has no bearing whatsoever.

Furthermore, KK and Lucasfilm have the "Galaxy" mapped out until 2030.
Wow, didn't know that. So the remaining spin-offs have been determined already... Interesting. So, Han Solo, Obi-Wan, Yoda, Jar Jar, etc..

Personally, I'm not as interested in the Han Solo movie as I was to see Rogue One. The idea that we know that the driving characters will be okay regardless of whatever's thrown at them kinda takes away the entertainment value IMO.
I'll definitely go out and see it but I'd just hoped that they'd be more creative in their spin-offs rather than just rehashing old characters in prequels. I hate prequels, (and so does everybody else except you Dane:-)).
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:47 PM 05-23-2017
Originally Posted by Gadzooks:
Wow, didn't know that. So the remaining spin-offs have been determined already...
I'm not necessarily stating that they've been "determined" but a roadmap exists until 2030.

The entire story group is involved (including Dave Filoni, who's kind of the "Mastermind" behind everything). John Knoll, who pitched the Rogue One story, recently pitched another film to KK.

At this point, from my understanding, at least six more movies are planned, including the Obi Wan, another Skywalker trilogy and more spinoffs. I also think that it's safe to assume should the Han Solo movie play well, we'll see at least one more film featuring him.

I suppose that if VIII, IX and Han Solo don't play well, then their plans will change. But since the 2012 acquisition, they've knocked it out of the park with the comics, novels, animated series and movies.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:01 PM 05-23-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I'm not necessarily stating that they've been "determined" but a roadmap exists until 2030.

The entire story group is involved (including Dave Filoni, who's kind of the "Mastermind" behind everything). John Knoll, who pitched the Rogue One story, recently pitched another film to KK.

At this point, from my understanding, at least six more movies are planned, including the Obi Wan, another Skywalker trilogy and more spinoffs. I also think that it's safe to assume should the Han Solo movie play well, we'll see at least one more film featuring him.

I suppose that if VIII, IX and Han Solo don't play well, then their plans will change. But since the 2012 acquisition, they've knocked it out of the park with the comics, novels, animated series and movies.
I think the main drawback to the Solo and Kenobi movies is that you know they'll survive, no matter what horrible things befall them. You didn't have that with Rogue One, since all the principal rebel characters were unknown. The first time I watched it, I kept thinking, it's a Disney movie, they'll probably survive in the end somehow. And then they didn't. That was awesome. Had they come up with some corny twist to save them all in the end, it would have really cheapened the whole thing. Instead, we got a Glory ending, which was wonderful.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:52 AM 05-24-2017
Well then.

[Reply]
Bowser 03:45 PM 05-24-2017
Ezra looks like he's lived a hard life.....
[Reply]
Page 52 of 268
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662102152 > Last »
Up