ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 51
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Media Center>Ed Harris takes Top villain role in HBOs "Westworld" reboot
Deberg_1990 03:51 PM 08-11-2014
Sweet. Loved this film when I was a kid. It's ripe for a reboot.

Doesn't sound like he's playing the Yul Brenner role though

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/08/11/ed-harris-westworld/

Image Credit: WireImage.com
Ed Harris is coming to series TV: The Abyss and Apollo 13 actor has signed on as the Big Bad in HBO’s Westworld reboot.
The four-time Oscar nominee’s character is called The Man in Black, and is described as “the distillation of pure villainy into one man.” He joins previously cast star — and fellow series television newcomer—Anthony Hopkins, along with Evan Rachel Wood, Jeffrey Wright, and Shannon Woodward.

The Warner Bros.-produced sci-fi pilot produced by J.J Abrams, Jerry Weintraub, and Bryan Burk updates Michael Crichton’s 1973 classic film about a theme park where androids fulfill dark human desires. Harris’ description might sound like he’s playing the Yul Brynner killer-cowboy robot role, but it seems like actor Rodrigo Santoro was tapped for that part—and online production rumors suggest The Man in Black is actually a human character who sadistically abuses the androids.

Harris will soon be seen the feature film Run All Night, starring opposite Liam Neeson and Joel Kinnaman. Harris won a Golden Globe and was nominated for an Emmy for his work in HBO’s Game Change.
[Reply]
listopencil 01:07 PM 11-22-2016
Originally Posted by bowener:
I think Maeve is in the present time, and is one of Arnold's originals possessing unique coding that aids the emergence of sentient thought. I think she is going to wreck the park. I think Dolores is Wyatt in the present (and has been part of a story loop all along... just 30 years ago). The Wyatt story is based on a real event (according to Ford when programming present day Teddy).

Rest of thoughts in spoiler.
Spoiler!

I like your ideas but I don't think the show has to do multiple time periods to make it make sense. To me the only compelling reason to do multiple time periods is to make someone from the 'present' be the same character as someone from the 'past', like William-> the MiB. I'd rather they develop William into an interesting character on his own. I want to see them integrate everything and I don't think it would be all that hard. Dolores is obviously having flashbacks at the little town. It's the town Ford described in his own 'flashback' narrative. But the scene ended with them standing in front of the same steeple that older Ford looks at.

The fun thing is that there a bunch of scenes that can be interpreted in different ways. So far (and maybe I missed some) the Dolores flashbacks happen after they zoom in on her face and then spin around revealing a changed environment. I think those are events that happened well before she met William, and led up to her interacting with the MiB when he was a young man. I can see the fun though in the idea of William->MiB->Teddy is created to replace white hat William. I like the idea of some of the hosts' loops being built around events that happened in the past when they interacted with previous guests.
[Reply]
listopencil 01:12 PM 11-22-2016
Originally Posted by Bowser:
So another question -

Who were the people stalking up on MiB, Teddy, and Once Hot now Crazy Lady in the desert? Were those escaped hosts from Roman World and (Whatever Else) World? Hosts that have achieved sentience there come to free the hosts still trapped in Westworld? The big guy Teddy and MiB took down, there was a schematic for him on the wall of one of the working cubes earlier in the show....

(I ask because it looks like a Centurion pulling a sword as they close in on the three of them. A little out of place there, no?)
I thought they were set up to be Wyatt's fighters? I don't remember where I got that idea from though.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:12 PM 11-22-2016
Ford is the original host that has achieved sentience. Maeve is the second one to get there with Dolores and Teddy not far behind.

None of it makes sense. All of it makes sense. Part of what makes this show so great.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 01:15 PM 11-22-2016
What if Arnold and Ford are the same person? Is there anyone around now that was there at the beginning of the park?

Yeah I know there's a picture of Ford and Arnold but what if that's just a fake? What if we have an Ankin Skywalker / Darth Vader thing going on here?

A stretch I know.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:17 PM 11-22-2016
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
What if Arnold and Ford are the same person? Is there anyone around now that was there at the beginning of the park?

Yeah I know there's a picture of Ford and Arnold but what if that's just a fake? What if we have an Ankin Skywalker / Darth Vader thing going on here?

A stretch I know.
Arnold is the creator, Ford is his original, Arnold dies, Ford downloads Arnold's consciousness

This shit is bananas
[Reply]
KC_Lee 01:28 PM 11-22-2016
Arnold is the creator, Ford is his original, Arnold dies, Ford downloads Arnold's consciousness

This shit is bananas
Yeah, my wife and I were tossing that idea around last night.

And yes, bananas it is.
[Reply]
listopencil 01:47 PM 11-22-2016
Ford is the original host that has achieved sentience. Maeve is the second one to get there with Dolores and Teddy not far behind.

None of it makes sense. All of it makes sense. Part of what makes this show so great.
To throw another wild one out there WestWorld is just a higher tech version of The Island and the hosts are for 'rich assholes' to take over by telepresence. The 'god' part of the bicameral mind is intended to be a paying customer. They tried it in the past and it was too chaotic so they have been working on these loops to limit what tele-customers can do but still keep it fun.

[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:23 PM 11-22-2016
https://youtu.be/LlRplpicbi8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:45 PM 11-22-2016
Is it me, or is the Dominos commercial guy the toady of the two techs working with Maeve?
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 05:34 AM 11-23-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Is it me, or is the Dominos commercial guy the toady of the two techs working with Maeve?
I think that's him too lol
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:08 AM 11-23-2016
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
I think that's him too lol
Ask and the internet provides

[Reply]
KC_Lee 08:27 AM 11-23-2016
So I noticed something over the past few episodes. It seems that Maeve is always shot / stabbed in the same location every time she "dies". Lower left side of her abdomen is always where she gets fatally injured.

Anyone else notice that or am I off base here? Are her "deaths" part of some loop like her go to neck slash attacks?
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 04:19 PM 11-23-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Ask and the internet provides

Lol yes
[Reply]
listopencil 08:30 PM 11-23-2016
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
So I noticed something over the past few episodes. It seems that Maeve is always shot / stabbed in the same location every time she "dies". Lower left side of her abdomen is always where she gets fatally injured.

Anyone else notice that or am I off base here? Are her "deaths" part of some loop like her go to neck slash attacks?
I never really thought about it, but doesn't she get choked to death at one point by the safe stealing guy?
[Reply]
Buck 08:48 PM 11-23-2016
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I never really thought about it, but doesn't she get choked to death at one point by the safe stealing guy?

She does get choked to death, but by a guest. The guy who steals the safe I think stabs her when she asks.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 51
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Up