ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 19
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Media Center>Megadeth > Metallica
htismaqe 02:25 PM 01-31-2014
Originally Posted by DMAC:
Is...not was.

He had a couple golden years there where his vocals were a pleasure.
His vocals work for what they do.

Given the type of music, I don't think vocal "quality" should be much of a factor anyway...
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:53 PM 01-31-2014
I really only pay attention to vocal quality when vocal quality is emphasized in the music. I don't listen to Motorhead and think "boy I wish he could sing better" but I absolutely do listen to Dio and think "damn, this guy is the best ever."
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:31 PM 01-31-2014
Pantera>Megadeth>Metallica
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:34 PM 01-31-2014
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Pantera>Megadeth>Metallica
For me, Megadeth and Pantera are close. As I mentioned before, "Rust in Peace" specifically is one of my absolute favorite albums ever.

They're both better than Metallica, though.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:53 PM 01-31-2014
I'll take COC over Pantera eight days a week.

Pick a song, any song, these guys should've been waaay bigger than they were...

[Reply]
Gadzooks 05:17 PM 01-31-2014
Originally Posted by scott free:
I'll take COC over Pantera eight days a week.

Pick a song, any song, these guys should've been waaay bigger than they were...
I agree, they should have but they started as more of a harcore punk band in the early '80s. It was too confusing for the record label. If you wore the below logo you were more likely to have a mohawk than be a long hair.

I think this is part of what ruined their career.

Oddly enough Pantera started as a glam metal outfit. Fortunately for them nobody knew about it until they hit it big.

Sad for C.O.C....
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:20 PM 01-31-2014
Originally Posted by Gadzooks:
I

Oddly enough Pantera started as a glam metal outfit..
I don't even think I've ever heard any of their glam metal music? Probably for the best.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:24 PM 01-31-2014
Gadzooks, you definitely know the deal... COC was pure punk early on, I love punk but I actually liked their music better when they went to that dirty blues groove.

And yes :-) there are some hilarious shots of early Pantera out there, waaay worse than what you posted... that's why I used to laugh when I would read some interview back in the day where one of them would slam a glam group.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:10 PM 01-31-2014
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
For me, Megadeth and Pantera are close. As I mentioned before, "Rust in Peace" specifically is one of my absolute favorite albums ever.

They're both better than Metallica, though.
I was just joking, but I like them all. Metallica is probably my favorite overall. Megadeth had some great stuff there in the early 90s.

Lars was on Reddit the other day and said him and Mustaine were pretty friendly nowadays.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:45 PM 01-31-2014
Check this out. Here's an example of Friedman's fusion of the blues, jazz, and Japanese music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_WQuT5rTxA
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:12 PM 01-31-2014
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Check this out. Here's an example of Friedman's fusion of the blues, jazz, and Japanese music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_WQuT5rTxA
Damn man, damn... that was beautiful, just beautiful... I'm ready to go get hammered on a sunny beach now.

That was way too short.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:50 PM 01-31-2014
And here's a live performance of one of the most awesome tunes on "Dragon's Kiss".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT0EsXxv_c0
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:59 PM 01-31-2014
And finally, the best song on the album. The reason why he was a perfect fit for Megadeth. He brought something that transcended metal. Yes, I'm a BIG fan. :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciMNmAX6kZU
[Reply]
Gadzooks 09:57 PM 01-31-2014
My buddy once provided a compelling argument that Metallica had ripped off their "sound" from "Death" (an Orlando FL based heavy metal band headed by Chuck Schuldiner).
He played songs from their "best of" album and compared them to pieces by Metallica released soon after.
I was convinced...
[Reply]
Reaper16 10:33 PM 01-31-2014
Pantera is garbage. Somebody fix this thread.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 19
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up