ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 142 of 162
« First < 4292132138139140141142 143144145146152 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
Danguardace 07:02 PM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea I can see the similarities. The difference between the Packers and that Chiefs team is they’ve just been destroyed in some games going back to last year. When they get punched in the mouth they do NOT respond well at all.
One thing I really like about Reid is for a supposed finesse team the bully boy types are always sent packing; Jags (when they were good) Saints Ravens etc
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:06 PM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by Danguardace:
One thing I really like about Reid is for a supposed finesse team the bully boy types are always sent packing; Jags (when they were good) Saints Ravens etc
Both Louis Riddick and Ryan Clark have been saying since last season that KC can beat you in the trenches. Apparently the rest of the league hasn't figured that out yet.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 07:19 PM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) It's much funnier to read the teams they've beaten.

Lions (x2), Bears, Vikings, Falcons, Texans, 49ers, Jaguars, Eagles, Panthers, and Saints.
Saints were slightly better: Bucs x2, Falcons x2, Bears, Chargers, QB-Less Broncos, Panthers, Lions, 49ers w/ Breathard
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 07:19 PM 12-22-2020
The Superbowl we were supposed to be bullied by the 49ers. KC punched them in the mouth. We are a skilled but very tough team to play.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:22 PM 12-22-2020
I must be one of the only people who doesn't understand what the difference between a "physical" team and a "finesse" one is. Does the physical ream tackle harder or something? Does the finesse one play two hand touch?
[Reply]
tk13 07:33 PM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The Packers play a lot like the 2018 Chiefs. They have a pass rush but the back end is porous.

They're not particularly scary but they're certainly capable of getting into a shootout with the Chiefs.
It feels like they have a better shot than last year, but their defense could slip up and let them down. If we were playing a 7 game series I'd take the Chiefs every single time.

But in a single one-game setting? There's no doubt Aaron Rodgers can go off and do some serious damage against anyone.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:33 PM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Emmanuel Acho and Marcellus Wiley are the best “oppositional” show right now. Even the “pick a side” takes are entertaining and less mind-numbing than most.

But even with that said... today Wiley was talking about how the Chiefs can’t run the football/are one-dimensional.

I guess he missed them putting up 250 rushing yards against New Orleans.

Just yesterday before the Steelers lost to the Bengals he was still trying to question that the Steelers might be better than the Chiefs.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:40 PM 12-22-2020
Who can forget about last year's Titans, the 2018 Colts, and of course the ultimate PHYSICKUL TEAM BRAH FFFIZZZIKUUUHL TUUUFFFFF FFFFFFIIIIIIZZIKKKKKKKKUL 49ers last year?

Any time somebody fluffed them up, they would say the word physical, but they said the word like a 1.5 year old learns how to use consonants for the first time
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:10 PM 12-22-2020
People call the Chiefs a "finesse" team until they get their asses kicked by us all over the field.
[Reply]
Funkstown 11:29 PM 12-22-2020
It sort of harkens back to the days of Bill Walsh era 49ers. Finesse team that everyone thought were weak until they punched someone in the mouth.
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:25 AM 12-23-2020
Bills fans are getting pretty cocky- looking forward to seeing them lose.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 01:53 AM 12-23-2020
Steelers are done too many injuries and Big Ben is playing like shit. They'll be lucky to win a playoff game.
[Reply]
BigRock 03:06 AM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Bills fans are getting pretty cocky- looking forward to seeing them lose.
Seen a lot of them saying they think they won the draft day trade where we got Mahomes, an MVP and Super Bowl winner, because the pieces they got + later drafting Allen has finally let them win their division once.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 03:18 AM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by tredadda:
I must be one of the only people who doesn't understand what the difference between a "physical" team and a "finesse" one is. Does the physical ream tackle harder or something? Does the finesse one play two hand touch?
Yes, teams that are physical on defense tackle harder. They also miss fewer tackles, often swarm to the ball and gang tackle, they win their individual matchups at a high rate, and are not easily blocked. Physical teams just line up and do work.

Finesse teams tend to rely on scheme to create favorable matchups, because they don't have players that can consistently win their individual matchups, or shed blocks easily.

I am not saying one type of defense is better than the other, because there have been very successful teams that fall into either category.

I think the Chiefs defense wants to be physical but we have more success when our scheme puts players in position to make plays, and that kinda puts us into the finesse category.

We have one player on defense who can consistently win his individual matchup, on passing or running plays, because he is more physical than the people trying to block him, and that is Chris Jones. He has (or did have) the 2nd or 3rd best win rate against double teams. We have another player who flies under the radar, but who has the ability to win against double teams on running plays, and that is Nnadi.

We want Frank Clark to be physical, but for whatever reason, this year he has been nearly invisible when it comes to making impact plays, and almost never wins his individual matchup. I am in the he-must-be-injured camp, or maybe it's a non-football related ailment, because in the past he has shown the ability to beat his blocker, or even double teams.

So, our defense relies on scheme to put players in the best position to make plays.

We just played and beat a team that is definitely in the physical category. Yeah, they also play a little dirty, but they rely on their players to win their individual matchups on nearly every down.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 08:26 AM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Yes, teams that are physical on defense tackle harder. They also miss fewer tackles, often swarm to the ball and gang tackle, they win their individual matchups at a high rate, and are not easily blocked. Physical teams just line up and do work.

Finesse teams tend to rely on scheme to create favorable matchups, because they don't have players that can consistently win their individual matchups, or shed blocks easily.

I am not saying one type of defense is better than the other, because there have been very successful teams that fall into either category.

I think the Chiefs defense wants to be physical but we have more success when our scheme puts players in position to make plays, and that kinda puts us into the finesse category.

We have one player on defense who can consistently win his individual matchup, on passing or running plays, because he is more physical than the people trying to block him, and that is Chris Jones. He has (or did have) the 2nd or 3rd best win rate against double teams. We have another player who flies under the radar, but who has the ability to win against double teams on running plays, and that is Nnadi.

We want Frank Clark to be physical, but for whatever reason, this year he has been nearly invisible when it comes to making impact plays, and almost never wins his individual matchup. I am in the he-must-be-injured camp, or maybe it's a non-football related ailment, because in the past he has shown the ability to beat his blocker, or even double teams.

So, our defense relies on scheme to put players in the best position to make plays.

We just played and beat a team that is definitely in the physical category. Yeah, they also play a little dirty, but they rely on their players to win their individual matchups on nearly every down.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
To a degree.....this^

to put more simply:
Physical = we're going to run all over you, control the line, and swarm to ball
Finess = scheme to win

But more importantly, it's hyperbole. I'd say it applies more in the College game, where lesser teams have gone to a spread style in hopes of making up for lack of physicality and athleticism v. the bigger schools.

It can't really exist in the NFL since everyone is fairly equivalent in skill and talent (at least, the drop off is negligible for the standard NFL Players).

For example: The Tits are the model for physical football, they build everything around Henry, want to control the game, and play solid Defense.

Except, this year, they are #2 in offensive yards, tied for #1 in scoring, and can't stop anyone to save their lives, especially on 3rd down. So, are they really any more physical than anyone else....probably not....
[Reply]
Page 142 of 162
« First < 4292132138139140141142 143144145146152 > Last »
Up