ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Media Center>Spiderman: Far From Home
Fish 11:14 AM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
So it's just all a ruse that he's from another multiverse?
I don't think it has to be either/or. I think he could still be from another multiverse and still be a villain putting on an act. Just my guess...
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:45 AM 05-06-2019
That's not Sandman?

Nevermind, first couple clips looked like it could be the Sandman, but later ones not.
[Reply]
Buns 10:16 AM 05-06-2019
I wonder if that's real Nick Fury...
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:17 AM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by Buns:
I wonder if that's real Nick Fury...
I wonder if it is Chamelon.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 11:16 AM 05-06-2019
Multiverse....can't wait for Porky Pig to show up in a spiderman costume.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 11:47 AM 05-06-2019
Boy they foreshadowed Peter Parker becoming the next Iron Man hard in the latest trailer.
[Reply]
FAX 08:18 AM 06-23-2019
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
Boy they foreshadowed Peter Parker becoming the next Iron Man hard in the latest trailer.
I'm guessing that's purposeful misleading on Marvel's part, Mr. KC_Lee.

I think all the trailer references to "another Iron Man" is Peter projecting the idea onto Mysterio as he transfers his psychological need for a substitute father figure onto Jake (which makes me a little nauseous, to be honest).

This error in judgment compromises Peter's emotional state and impedes his ability to see Mysterio as the villain that he is. Of course, this will also make the requisite reveal all the more shocking for Peter ... leading to a teaching moment for Fury as Peter transitions into a more mature person and wisened crime fighter.

As for the MCU, I think Spidey can play a bigger role (filling the gap left by Stark and Cap) as they bring in the X-Men and 4. He's no "Iron Man", but he'll do. (I honestly believe Marvel finally messed up with Capt. Marvel. As a character, she's far too powerful to be interesting and the casting was probably a mistake.)

Meanwhile, there are other good characters to be woven into stories including Loki, Hulk, Ant-Man, Hawkeye, Asgardians, etc. as well as new ones like Namor. They can keep us entertained for another 10 years easily if they continue to cast well.

It's a good time to be a Chiefs fan and a Marvel aficionado.

FAX
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 06:23 AM 07-02-2019
I think the Harley kid from Iron Man 3 will be the "new" Iron Man. First off, by wearing the suits and fighting against evil and then on down the line as the savant genius.

Originally Posted by FAX:
I'm guessing that's purposeful misleading on Marvel's part, Mr. KC_Lee.

I think all the trailer references to "another Iron Man" is Peter projecting the idea onto Mysterio as he transfers his psychological need for a substitute father figure onto Jake (which makes me a little nauseous, to be honest).

This error in judgment compromises Peter's emotional state and impedes his ability to see Mysterio as the villain that he is. Of course, this will also make the requisite reveal all the more shocking for Peter ... leading to a teaching moment for Fury as Peter transitions into a more mature person and wisened crime fighter.

As for the MCU, I think Spidey can play a bigger role (filling the gap left by Stark and Cap) as they bring in the X-Men and 4. He's no "Iron Man", but he'll do. (I honestly believe Marvel finally messed up with Capt. Marvel. As a character, she's far too powerful to be interesting and the casting was probably a mistake.)

Meanwhile, there are other good characters to be woven into stories including Loki, Hulk, Ant-Man, Hawkeye, Asgardians, etc. as well as new ones like Namor. They can keep us entertained for another 10 years easily if they continue to cast well.

It's a good time to be a Chiefs fan and a Marvel aficionado.

FAX

[Reply]
Setsuna 02:45 PM 07-03-2019
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
I think the Harley kid from Iron Man 3 will be the "new" Iron Man. First off, by wearing the suits and fighting against evil and then on down the line as the savant genius.
Not PC enough. It will be Iron Woman and will be Tchalla's sister. Since she's just as smart if not smarter than Tony Stark was. Honestly I'm ok with that if so.
[Reply]
Sorry 03:20 PM 07-04-2019
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
Not PC enough. It will be Iron Woman and will be Tchalla's sister. Since she's just as smart if not smarter than Tony Stark was. Honestly I'm ok with that if so.
That actually sounds amazin.
[Reply]
listopencil 06:53 PM 07-13-2019
Originally Posted by Setsuna:

That's actually what popped into my head back when I saw Black Panther.
[Reply]
O.city 02:48 PM 05-06-2019
The individual movies feel a little hollow to me now.

Fuck, i'm still depressed from Endgame.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 04:46 PM 05-06-2019
Can't wait for this...curious how the multiverse effects the rest of the mcu
[Reply]
keg in kc 09:45 PM 05-06-2019
Really good trailer.

If that multiverse thing is real and not a red herring, maybe that's how they get the X-Men and Fantastic Four into the MCU. Would certainly explain why they weren't around yet in canon.

I know this is supposed to be the end of phase 2 but that sure looks like a place to start phase 3.
[Reply]
O.city 08:18 AM 05-07-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Really good trailer.

If that multiverse thing is real and not a red herring, maybe that's how they get the X-Men and Fantastic Four into the MCU. Would certainly explain why they weren't around yet in canon.

I know this is supposed to be the end of phase 2 but that sure looks like a place to start phase 3.
End of phase 3, start of 4.

IIRC, they said originally Endgame was the end of phase 3 but they added Spidey to it.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Up