ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 21
« First < 71314151617 18192021 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Eclipse Viewing Party 8-18 to 8-21-17
Nzoner 08:36 AM 06-08-2017
A lot of you already know what are place is like,I'd say perfect for an Eclipse Party Weekend so am posting this here as well for anyone who might care to join us.

*$12 per person(day of 8-21-17) includes picnic lunch,themed soundtrack music and commemorative viewing glasses.Bring your own seating and beverages.Upper deck seating is limited.
*Primitive camping also available for overnight stays $35 night
*Fishing pond
*Call Joe 816-390-1083 for more info.

SEE YOU ON THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON.....
[Reply]
BWillie 02:31 PM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Oh, I watched some dumb-assed adults doing the same, while trying to "shade their eyes". :-)

Just way too many ****ing idiots in this world.....
In all honesty, you are likely not ever going to damage your eye just by glancing at it. Sitting there staring at it while your eyes water and hurt, well different story. But you have to be a special kind of idiot to do that.
[Reply]
Dartgod 02:35 PM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Damn that was disappointing. Colander was cool. Eclipse shadows were cool. I really thought it would get darker than that though. Basically no different than if a cloud obscured the sun here.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
I heard you could strain your eyes using a colander.
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Looking at the shadows it cast on the ground?
Colander...strain your eyes....get it?

[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 03:03 PM 08-21-2017
went to hiawatha. had a good show up to about 12:45, then got sprinkles and clouds. Right in the middle of totality there was a tiny hole in the clouds and we got to see it for a minute or so. We enjoyed the experience. Got dark, but not quite as dark as I expected. it was a strange exprience though, as the darkness fell fast my whole scalp crawled and tingled - I assume a physiological reponse to the rapid temp drop.

[Reply]
eDave 03:05 PM 08-21-2017
Timelapse from the National World War I Museum and Memorial. Neat! We are in the middle of a Perseid meteor shower too. Would have been super sweet if you could see a meteor too when it went dark.

[Reply]
Bugeater 03:08 PM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Our 4 year olds school kept them all inside without even asking. Smart. What f*** kid under 10 is really going to remember any of this?

It was pretty cool but if I'd been asleep and missed it, I'd have coped just fine.
The last solar eclipse here of any significance was back in 1979, I was in grade school and they kept our asses inside and I get why they did it.
[Reply]
NewChief 03:09 PM 08-21-2017
:-)

Damn I'm dense sometimes.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:15 PM 08-21-2017
What if our moon was five times larger. I wonder what it would do that day to temps and sunlight.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 03:27 PM 08-21-2017
Seeing the eclipse made me realize just how vast the universe is, and just how insignificant Hamas Jenkins is.
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:34 PM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by eDave:
Are you shitting me?
I wasnt going to sign either, then just kept them home and watched it with them.

their letter home says they arent responsible if my child took off their glasses or if another child took off my child's glasses.

Kids are fucking assholes.
[Reply]
loochy 03:56 PM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by BWillie:
What if our moon was five times larger. I wonder what it would do that day to temps and sunlight.
forget that, what would it do to the tides?
[Reply]
NewChief 04:12 PM 08-21-2017
Well, my kids went to school and amazingly survived viewing the eclipse as an all school activity without being blinded.
[Reply]
srvy 04:16 PM 08-21-2017
Good grief did you think it was going to be a mini ice age. I was a teen when last one came around so I had an idea what to expect. Well next one in our area 128 years so you sad sacks dont have to worry about being bored again with that.
[Reply]
eDave 04:17 PM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by loochy:
forget that, what would it do to the tides?
None of us would be here to see. So...
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 04:21 PM 08-21-2017
Dayum! I was sitting in an MRI machine when this was happening...but I hear it didn't get dark here at all since we only got part of it.
[Reply]
srvy 04:21 PM 08-21-2017
Hell has no one ever drove into sunset or sun up and welders eye. Ya you didnt go blind did you. Most people know to look away before ya burn your retina, of course you wont know that for 24 hours so your not out the woods yet.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 21
« First < 71314151617 18192021 >
Up