ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1398 of 2693
« First < 39889812981348138813941395139613971398 139914001401140214081448149818982398 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:18 PM 01-06-2019
Originally Posted by jjjayb:
What happened at the end of the half? I didn't see it.
Guy caught a pass and fumbled. The ref blew it incomplete and waved everyone away as he picked up the ball. On replay, it was clearly a reception and fumble, so the refs just upheld their call and said it was incomplete.

Everyone was saying it was unprecedented, but I think that stuff is actually kind of common. At least it was in the days before replay.
[Reply]
Hoover 09:19 PM 01-06-2019
Originally Posted by Hoover:

Two others details:
1 @PatrickMahomes5 threw this football 27 yards away from the target. We measured.
2 This was no rehearsed thing. He made one throw, only one.
And you see what happened. https://t.co/QgDzYCg0nY

— Peter King (@peter_king) January 6, 2019

[Reply]
Dayze 09:38 PM 01-06-2019
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Fuuuuuuuuuuk.
[Reply]
rico 07:30 AM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by prhom:
Remember when we picked up Alex Tanney and all got excited about his trick shots? Yeah, that was nothin compared to what we get to see on a weekly basis with Mahomes. What a talent!
Tanney played a couple drives for us in an exhibition game and looked good. At the time, he was 4th string, Stanzi was 3rd string, Palko was 2nd and Cassel....yeah. I was on the Stanzi-Wagon big time. I hated Cassel and truly believe that Stanzi and Tanney could both be better than Cassel....it’s pretty tough to be worse than Cassel. Anyways, I remember him throwing this bomb and it was perfectly thrown, perfectly delivered, perfectly placed...the best throw I had seen a Chiefs QB in years...how sad is that?! And I remember thinking, “hell, it doesn’t have to be Stanzi to make me happy right now...I’d be ok with TANNEY. Cassel couldn’t make that throw, ever.” And of course people on here in the game thread were all like, “whoa, let’s name him starter right now!!!” Just one measly good looking NFL throw by a QB and excitement briefly ensued.

He was cut like the next day.

And we ended up with Mahomes. We survived Cassalex.... we deserve Mahomes.
[Reply]
Best22 09:04 AM 01-07-2019
Everyone is waiting to watch Mahomes

https://www.sfchronicle.com/sports/o...s-13512984.php
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:09 PM 01-07-2019
3rd

https://youtu.be/HsQDXQypHEo
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:11 PM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by Best22:

:-)

•Kansas City’s Travis Kelce took tight-end top honors away from George Kittle, named the league’s best, but Kittle’s popularity soared over the weekend when Kelce starred in a truly horrible McDonald’s TV commercial.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:12 PM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by Best22:

• Mahomes has become the Tiger Woods of the NFL. If he’s playing, your grandmother will watch. And it’s not just the lightweight fans who parachute in for the playoffs. Everybody wants to see what Mahomes has for us when the games get real.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:39 PM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
• Mahomes has become the Tiger Woods of the NFL. If he’s playing, your grandmother will watch. And it’s not just the lightweight fans who parachute in for the playoffs. Everybody wants to see what Mahomes has for us when the games get real.
I realized something interesting... Is there a single star qb who is active on Twitter besides mahomes? I've seen him retweet fan posts, talk to nfl press. Was reminded of that when he complimented Trubisky on a throw last night on Twitter. Nobody is even close. Most qbs seem to have Twitter managed by a professional. Think I heard SFs qb just recently got verified on Twitter.

Does Kansas city have the face of the NFL right now? We know he's exciting to watch. But right now he's a pretty damn good spokesperson to a younger audience the NFL sorely needs. Hard to believe.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 01:52 PM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I realized something interesting... Is there a single star qb who is active on Twitter besides mahomes? I've seen him retweet fan posts, talk to nfl press. Was reminded of that when he complimented Trubisky on a throw last night on Twitter. Nobody is even close. Most qbs seem to have Twitter managed by a professional. Think I heard SFs qb just recently got verified on Twitter.

Does Kansas city have the face of the NFL right now? We know he's exciting to watch. But right now he's a pretty damn good spokesperson to a younger audience the NFL sorely needs. Hard to believe.
Yes
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:11 PM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Yes
Pretty crazy. Even guys with huge personalities like cam and baker Mayfield are not very active on social media unless they're promoting a philanthropy. Between how he acts on Twitter, talks fortnite, etc.... He's probably the most relatable superstar to a younger audience. I don't believe in conspiracies. But I do believe having a qb the NFL really loves can earn us some advantages.
[Reply]
bowener 02:13 PM 01-07-2019

Yes. This became clear the moment they dropped Hunt from the team.

Mahomes, and therefore the Chiefs, are the new darlings of the NFL. He is the face of the NFL going forward. They have no worries about him fucking up his life or burning them. He is the new Manning/Brady. Luck is butt ugly, but after this weekend, I assume the NFL will crank this shit up to a million everytime Mahomes plays Luck. This is the new Brady v. Manning rivalry that the NFL badly desires and needs for ratings.
[Reply]
Best22 02:18 PM 01-07-2019

Yeah, his social media prescence is excellent.

Not petty like Baker Mayfield
Not too goofy like some WR/RB
Not trash talking (looking at you Darius Slay)

Good stuff. Couldn’t be happier
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:19 PM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by bowener:
Yes. This became clear the moment they dropped Hunt from the team.

Mahomes, and therefore the Chiefs, are the new darlings of the NFL. He is the face of the NFL going forward. They have no worries about him fucking up his life or burning them. He is the new Manning/Brady. Luck is butt ugly, but after this weekend, I assume the NFL will crank this shit up to a million everytime Mahomes plays Luck. This is the new Brady v. Manning rivalry that the NFL badly desires and needs for ratings.
Luck is 6 years older than Mahomes.

If the NFL needs a new QB rivalry, it ain't gonna be Mahomes/Luck. Luck is closer to Rodgers in age than he is Mahomes.

It's gonna be Mahomes/Mayfield. The relationship goes all the way back to college, the same GM's drafted them, they both play for historically downtrodden fanbases who have given far more than they've received. It's just an easy story to write.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 02:21 PM 01-07-2019

I'd still say Brady is the face of the NFL but Mahomes is the future.
[Reply]
Page 1398 of 2693
« First < 39889812981348138813941395139613971398 139914001401140214081448149818982398 > Last »
Up