ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 13
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs and Chris Jones working towards a long term deal. .
DTVietnam 06:19 AM 04-03-2020
not sure how valid this source is. .

The #Chiefs are planning to keep DL Chris Jones.

— Chiefs Daily (@chiefsdaily15) April 3, 2020

The #Chiefs & Jones will work towards a long-term deal even though it will be very tough. Both sides have interest. Let’s see what happens.

News came from @AdamSchefter

— Chiefs Daily (@chiefsdaily15) April 3, 2020

[Reply]
TribalElder 09:26 AM 04-03-2020
Does anyone know what the cutoff date is for coming to an agreement with a tagged player? Seems like that is a thing, that you have to make a deal by a certain date or it has to wait until after the season.

I could definitely be wrong about that but seems like I heard that at one point.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:28 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
Does anyone know what the cutoff date is for coming to an agreement with a tagged player? Seems like that is a thing, that you have to make a deal by a certain date or it has to wait until after the season.

I could definitely be wrong about that but seems like I heard that at one point.
July 15th
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:30 AM 04-03-2020
I think he hasn’t signed it yet because he’s hoping a long term deal can be reached. Also rumors are Chiefs May be bringing Breeland back as well. Every move Veach has made this offseason is a 1 year deal
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:51 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
I think he hasn’t signed it yet because he’s hoping a long term deal can be reached. Also rumors are Chiefs May be bringing Breeland back as well. Every move Veach has made this offseason is a 1 year deal
wheres the rumor coming from? just fans speculating or an actual source talking about it?
[Reply]
TribalElder 09:53 AM 04-03-2020
I wondered if they were working to free up money to get Breeland back
[Reply]
Shields68 09:57 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
I wondered if they were working to free up money to get Breeland back
My understanding is that it is not enough. To bring Breeland back, most likely have to sign and trade Jones. Breeland is probably looking at 10+, so 5 in cap space ...
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:00 AM 04-03-2020
it looks like sammy got us just enough to sign the draft class if im not mistaken.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 10:08 AM 04-03-2020
Signing it doesnt change anything as far as working on a long term deal. They'd still have until July to finalize a deal regardless of if hes signed his franchise tag or not. I think there is some implication with possible trades that he has to be signed for a trade to actually happen though.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:16 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Shields68:
My understanding is that it is not enough. To bring Breeland back, most likely have to sign and trade Jones. Breeland is probably looking at 10+, so 5 in cap space ...
If Breeland was going to get 10+ he would have signed somewhere by now. I think it's pretty clear the market for him isn't what he thought it was. There are still quite a few other veteran corners out there that are muddying the market and keeping the value down. I'll be shocked if he gets close to $10 million.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:17 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
it looks like sammy got us just enough to sign the draft class if im not mistaken.
True, which would lead you to believe more moves have to be coming. We have to have room to add a veteran corner and some other veterans here or there to fill out the roster.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:26 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
This is pretty much all that needs to be said.

For the first time in 25 years, I'm not the least bit worried about what the Chiefs do in the off-season.

We have the best QB on the planet, one of the best head coaches in NFL history, a 2 time Super Bowl winning defensive coordinator who completely changed the culture in one single year, & Clark and Mathieu to lead that unit on the field. Not to mention one of the best young GM's in football.

No matter what happens with Chris Jones, the Chiefs will win the AFC West next year and be right in the mix to win another Super Bowl title. It is such a great feeling to know that we don't have to stress over every single move they make anymore.
It's always a good post for a NOOB when antifreeze and ingestion is not mentioned.:-)
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:28 AM 04-03-2020
Get it done, Veeeeeeeeeotch!
[Reply]
Shields68 10:28 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
If Breeland was going to get 10+ he would have signed somewhere by now. I think it's pretty clear the market for him isn't what he thought it was. There are still quite a few other veteran corners out there that are muddying the market and keeping the value down. I'll be shocked if he gets close to $10 million.
Maybe. But the money we just freed up is probably headed to the draft class. So he is going to have to do something else to free up any money for Breeland. Would think he would want something long term at a minimum averaging 7-8. That and whatever we do with Jones we have to keep his cap number for this year at the franchise tag number.

Be very impressed if able to bring back both Jones and Breeland.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 11:05 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Originally Posted by Shields68:
Maybe. But the money we just freed up is probably headed to the draft class. So he is going to have to do something else to free up any money for Breeland. Would think he would want something long term at a minimum averaging 7-8. That and whatever we do with Jones we have to keep his cap number for this year at the franchise tag number.

Be very impressed if able to bring back both Jones and Breeland.
According to spotrac and overthecap we are still up against the cap. With somewhere around 3-4 mil in space but not counting robinson or sherman.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 11:23 AM 04-03-2020
Chiefs could have probably $40 million in cap space by:

Restructure (salary into signing bonus) Clark and Mathieu
Cut LDT after June 1
Extend Chris Jones and Travis Kelce (though both players may not want that)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 13
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up