ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 21
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sammy Watkins will officially be back
carcosa 03:39 AM 04-03-2020

The Chiefs have reached an agreement with Sammy Watkins on a new 1-year deal that will pay him a base of $9m for 2020 with an incentive package that can reach $16m, a source tells me.

The move creates $5m in cap space for the Chiefs to operate this offseason.

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) April 3, 2020

I think this is nice!
[Reply]
Chargem 06:52 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Take em anyway? No receiver we pick is going to do much this year because they aren't going to get OTA's and who knows what training camp will be.
You're right, you'd basically have Hill, Watkins, Hardman/1st rounder as your 3rd and 4th receivers and then Robinson/Pringle as your depth guys, thought it was more of a log jam than that for some reason...
[Reply]
el borracho 06:53 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Chargem:
Now what happens if a nuts receiver falls to 32 in the draft?
Trade down for a king's ransom? :-)
[Reply]
tmax63 06:54 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Take em anyway? No receiver we pick is going to do much this year because they aren't going to get OTA's and who knows what training camp will be.
BINGO. Keeping the core together on offense is vital this year with lack of practices and ota's. You can't learn an Andy Reid offense in a couple of weeks and a couple of days in the classroom. Any offensive skill player picked will be for next year, not this year.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:54 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by DTVietnam:
last thing we need is a reciever...id be happy with a boring Oline pick. . or secondary..or last RB
Maybe for right now but we still run the issue of losing Watkins and Robinson after the year. I thought that was going to happen now but prepping for that isn't the worst idea.

If a WR is the best player on their board I'm fine with the pick.
[Reply]
Wilson8 06:54 AM 04-03-2020
Contract has a no-trade clause -

Originally Posted by :
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...new-1year-deal

Watkins agreed to a new one-year contract worth $9 million base salary with an additional $7 million in incentives that could get the deal to $16 million, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per a source informed of the deal. The new contract also includes a no-trade clause, per Rapoport.

Terez Paylor of Yahoo Sports first reported the news.

The pay cut keeps Watkins in K.C. while adding a much needed $5 million in salary-cap space for a Chiefs team that was pressed as tight against the cap as possible ahead of the draft.

Set to make $13.75 million in base salary -- none of which was guaranteed -- with a $21 million cap figure (highest on the team), there was no chance the Chiefs were entering the 2020 season with Watkins on the same deal

[Reply]
wazu 07:03 AM 04-03-2020
Playoff Sammy! Awesome news. The no-trade clause kinda says it all in terms of where Sammy's mind was.
[Reply]
DTVietnam 07:04 AM 04-03-2020
which reciever did we lose? im drawing a blank?

The Chiefs offense will now return:
▫️10 of 11 Super Bowl starters
▫️5 of its top 6 leading rushers
▫️8 of its top 9 leading receivers
▫️6 of its top 7 OL in terms of snaps played last year
▫️OC Eric Bienemy
▫️Led by Andy Reid, Patrick Mahomes, Travis Kelce and Tyreek Hill

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) April 3, 2020

[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:08 AM 04-03-2020

blake bell?
[Reply]
YayMike 07:11 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Jesus ****.

IOL is a huge need, but yeah, lets throw a a 4th or a 5th rounder at it and call it good.
You do realize a good starting guard and/or center can easily be found in the 4th, right?
[Reply]
Mecca 07:12 AM 04-03-2020

Blake Bell or Shady McCoy is probably that receiver I don't have the stat sheet in front of me.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 07:24 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
Playoff Sammy! Awesome news. The no-trade clause kinda says it all in terms of where Sammy's mind was.
He's making a one year bet that he can have a big year and sign a better multi-year deal next year. You wouldn't want to be traded to someplace with a brokedick QB
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:29 AM 04-03-2020
On one hand I'm glad he's back, on the other I'm disappointed that we are still paying him what we are. Wonder what 2021 costs us and how much we can save if we cut him?
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
I thought it was still a 1 year contract. $9 M base, $7 M in incentives.
but he was under contract for 1 year 21M already.
All early reports are that its a new one year deal. There is no second year.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:35 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
Yeah, its going to be a side benefit of having Mahomes. Players want a chance at a Super Bowl. Especially, WR's. Willing to take less if they already have millions in the bank from a precious contract. The no trade will be common. I'm taking less money to play with Mahomes. No one else.
[Reply]
IUsedToBeATightEnd 07:46 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by KCJake:
If we wanna protect Mahomes the o line needs upgraded. People are forgetting how much he was running for his life this past season. It was extremely rare for him to have more than 3 seconds before having to bail outta the pocket. Luckily he is great outside the pocket but it's just not ideal
Statistically, if a QB passes 100% of the times, he will get twice the hits of a QB who passes 50% of the times, independently of the OL.
Not taking into account the fact that against an unbalanced offense the only goal of the DL is to try and kill the QB.
We've already seen that early in the season when we had no running game at all, and Williams was averaging 1.x ypc.
[Reply]
Marco Polo 07:46 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
First off, nobody said we are for sure going to do that.

Second, you don’t go into any draft saying “we have to draft these 3 positions in the first 3 rounds”. You don’t draft based solely on needs. That’s how you end up with shit drafts, especially when picking at the bottom of every round. You want to argue that we can’t afford to take a RB on the 1st? I can understand that, but to say we can’t draft one in the first 3 rounds before we even know who will be available at those picks is silly.
You sign free agents for need, you draft best player available
[Reply]
Page 5 of 21
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up