ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 21
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sammy Watkins will officially be back
carcosa 03:39 AM 04-03-2020

The Chiefs have reached an agreement with Sammy Watkins on a new 1-year deal that will pay him a base of $9m for 2020 with an incentive package that can reach $16m, a source tells me.

The move creates $5m in cap space for the Chiefs to operate this offseason.

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) April 3, 2020

I think this is nice!
[Reply]
tyecopeland 06:20 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
We were going to be paying him 7 mil regardless so only paying him 9 mil to actually play for us is a great deal. Now because it's being reported we are only saving 5 mil in space that must mean that all of the incentives are listed as likely to be earned which will still count against our cap. But if he doesnt hit them, then we will get that money back on next years cap. I'm guessing this actually clears more space than that though with some of the incentives being declared unlikely to be earned.
Well according to spotrac I was wrong. It shows that all we did was lower his base from 14 mil to 9 mil. And the 7 mil in incentives is on top of the 16 mil. He still has the 7 mil guaranteed from the previous deal. So not as good as I was hoping.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 06:21 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Why just 1 year?
Because he's injury prone.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 06:22 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage:
Good. That buys us a year to find a new bigger target receiver.

5 million in cap space let's us sign our draft class but not much else, right?
According to spotrac we still only have 3.5 mil clear with the players we already have signed and that doesnt include robinson or sherman. So we still got lots of salary to clear to sign draft picks. It's almost guaranteed that something has to happen with jones.
[Reply]
KCJake 06:26 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by IUsedToBeATightEnd:
No way. We need to improve the running game in order to keep Mahomes out of trouble.
If we wanna protect Mahomes the o line needs upgraded. People are forgetting how much he was running for his life this past season. It was extremely rare for him to have more than 3 seconds before having to bail outta the pocket. Luckily he is great outside the pocket but it's just not ideal
[Reply]
Hoover 06:30 AM 04-03-2020
We were going to be paying him 7 mil regardless so only paying him 9 mil to actually play for us is a great deal. Now because it's being reported we are only saving 5 mil in space that must mean that all of the incentives are listed as likely to be earned which will still count against our cap. But if he doesnt hit them, then we will get that money back on next years cap. I'm guessing this actually clears more space than that though with some of the incentives being declared unlikely to be earned.
Great post. Makes sense.
[Reply]
DTVietnam 06:31 AM 04-03-2020

[Reply]
TEX 06:38 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by DTVietnam:
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Chargem 06:38 AM 04-03-2020
Thanks, was literally about to ask if anyone knew how the incentives were accounted for against the cap.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 06:39 AM 04-03-2020
If there is no season, does anyone get paid?
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:44 AM 04-03-2020
This is awesome.
[Reply]
Chargem 06:46 AM 04-03-2020
Now what happens if a nuts receiver falls to 32 in the draft?
[Reply]
Mecca 06:46 AM 04-03-2020
I think he's unlikely to hit incentives because dude misses 6 games a year.
[Reply]
DTVietnam 06:47 AM 04-03-2020
the moment we knew it was happening :

[Reply]
Mecca 06:48 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Chargem:
Now what happens if a nuts receiver falls to 32 in the draft?
Take em anyway? No receiver we pick is going to do much this year because they aren't going to get OTA's and who knows what training camp will be.
[Reply]
DTVietnam 06:51 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Take em anyway? No receiver we pick is going to do much this year because they aren't going to get OTA's and who knows what training camp will be.
last thing we need is a reciever...id be happy with a boring Oline pick. . or secondary..or last RB
[Reply]
Page 4 of 21
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up