ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 47
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hey Small Business Owners...What are you doing to ride the storm out?
Trivers 09:25 AM 03-26-2020
How are you handling HR issues?

Are you applying for SBA loans?
There are several types of loans. And new info is appearing daily.

Capital up to $10MM.
Up to 30 years to repay. Some actually are forgivable.
3.75 to 4%

https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/

https://www.inc.com/kevin-j-ryan/sma...incthismorning

My world: Everyone at the software companies are working remotely. The chocolate factory shut down yesterday due to not be considered an essential business. The chocolate elve had already left due to health concerns. I handle all the commercial rentals myself so no impact:

I don't intend to lay-off anybody...if this stretches into June or July...then we may look at cutting salaries by 25 to 50%. With the $1,200 everyone is getting already from the gov, and the 4 month unemployment (+$600/week additional), if we have to do layoffs, then the Team will not be totally without funds.

What are you doing to ride the storm out?
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 05:11 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Got everything done

Can’t get this on my new office because of the timing. Sucks

But the girls all figured out apparently they can make more being furloughed and on unemployment
that does suck....but you seemed to be very realistic about that possibility, so there is that....

And yeah, I'm actually against the UI amounts right now....what's going to happen when businesses start getting PPP, but the employees don't want to come back!
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:13 PM 04-03-2020
Got everything done

Can’t get this on my new office because of the timing. Sucks

But the girls all figured out apparently they can make more being furloughed and on unemployment
That sucks ass man. And frankly the dudes that stepped out and did something are the guys that need it.

But I figured that’s what it would be.
[Reply]
O.city 05:42 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
that does suck....but you seemed to be very realistic about that possibility, so there is that....

And yeah, I'm actually against the UI amounts right now....what's going to happen when businesses start getting PPP, but the employees don't want to come back!
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
That sucks ass man. And frankly the dudes that stepped out and did something are the guys that need it.

But I figured that’s what it would be.
Yeah, it sucks. But it is waht it is. I'm actually gonna check with my associate that i bought it from and see if he would be willing to apply for it and i'll take all the risk. Basically i just want to be able to take care of the girls and such.

But in the end, I'll be fine. Just keep moving forward.
[Reply]
O.city 05:44 PM 04-03-2020
I think I'm gonna actually let them get unemployment for a month or so. We can determine when to use the PPP funds and it looks like we may not be back doing dentistry until June. So i may end up paying them May and June with the PPP funds so i don't have to waste my built up capitol.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 05:54 PM 04-03-2020
I think I'm gonna actually let them get unemployment for a month or so. We can determine when to use the PPP funds and it looks like we may not be back doing dentistry until June. So i may end up paying them May and June with the PPP funds so i don't have to waste my built up capitol.
Still wonder if EIDL is an option for your payroll with the new business....so many unanswered questions, and even the banks and SBA reps can't give me a straight answer.

I'll keep digging to see if there is a way to work around that, but fundamentally, it doesn't make sense....

the thought in the back of my mind is if the prior owner needs to apply, and you need some legal means to ensure that the funds go to your employees?
[Reply]
O.city 05:55 PM 04-03-2020
Still wonder if EIDL is an option for your payroll with the new business....so many unanswered questions, and even the banks and SBA reps can't give me a straight answer.

I'll keep digging to see if there is a way to work around that, but fundamentally, it doesn't make sense....

the thought in the back of my mind is if the prior owner needs to apply, and you need some legal means to ensure that the funds go to your employees?
Yeah i don't know if it will work since he actually doesn't own the business anymore.

It seems like just a bad luck fuck up.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 10:04 PM 04-03-2020
Yesterday and this morning I donated a bunch of face masks that I imported to local nursing homes, hospitals, EMS etc. This afternoon the PPP was approved. Karma??
My small town bank seems to have been WAY more on top of it than most banks. This forgiveable loan is going to really help us through what's ahead. This is a huge weight off my shoulders. My crew is going to be okay financially.
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:09 AM 04-04-2020
My bank won’t even start trying to process the applications until Monday afternoon at the earliest. Assholes
[Reply]
Papachief 07:55 AM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan:
Yesterday and this morning I donated a bunch of face masks that I imported to local nursing homes, hospitals, EMS etc. This afternoon the PPP was approved. Karma??
My small town bank seems to have been WAY more on top of it than most banks. This forgiveable loan is going to really help us through what's ahead. This is a huge weight off my shoulders. My crew is going to be okay financially.
Congratulations!! That’s awesome what you did for the hospitals!!
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 09:44 AM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan:
That's fantastic news!

My day started with a consultant of mine trying to help a client go through Bank of America for their PPP, only to be told the following via email from BoA rep (names have been removed for confidentiality purposes):

"I hope this finds you well & staying healthy! As we approach the application process which is said to be going live tomorrow (Fri 4/3) at 8am EST, I learned today that BofA, based on the guidelines of the SBA & the Treasury Dept, has 4 criteria in order for BofA to grant application access…1) have existing credit/lending relationship at BofA / 2) have existing deposit acct at BofA / 3) have all KYC/due diligence documentation on file at BofA and 4) have digital online access established at BofA. That said, I confirmed that [Your Business] does not have a credit/lending relationship. Do you have credit/lending elsewhere with another financial institution?"

This is a bold faced lie, and we spent the remainder of the day blasting and battling BoA, who eventually came back in the afternoon and said that they would change the policy on Monday (to which my response was "why are you waiting until Monday....this is a first come / first serve and limited resource package....you are screwing thousands upon thousands of small businesses and their employees!)

But I digress: At least BoA was taking applications (last I heard 85,000 worth approx. $22B).....I don't believe PNC bank (my company's bank) took a single application.

My sense with the big banks is that they are going to get 80 - 85% of the applicants and perhaps even larger share of the actual value of the loans. The SBA is backing this, but not forever, so their hang-up is "what happens with the unforgiven loans once the SBA backs out on unforgiven portions?" Given that there is virtually no due diligence requirements, it's not like the banks can vet the applicants, so there is risk associated there for them, and they have to work those details out.

So, BoA's requirement of only taking applicants that are existing credit customers gives them opportunity to vet the applications and ultimately role unforgiven debt into existing lines of credit. My beef is that (a) they lied and said it was SBA and treasury guidelines and (b) the program is first come / first serve w/ any eligible applicant needing only to go to an SBA lender. Otherwise, it makes perfect sense that they are hedging their (unknown) risk.

So the smaller banks, who are very likely not only going to get significantly less PPP activity, but also smaller loan values, are willing to take that risk. Why? Well, a loan that is under $350K carries a 5% application fee the SBA is paying to them. the fee % decreases with higher loan values, but they stand to make a lot of profit on the processing of the loans, with little risk on the back end of unforgiven loans. For that reason, I think the small banks are just fine with taking the risk in exchange for processing the loans
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 09:45 AM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
My bank won’t even start trying to process the applications until Monday afternoon at the earliest. Assholes
Big bank?
[Reply]
SAUTO 02:52 PM 04-04-2020

Couldn’t he have taken out an Eidl then rolled it into the ppp and then hire more “new” help and raise his payroll and still have gotten his ppp forgiven for the full amount?
[Reply]
Papachief 04:18 PM 04-04-2020
That's fantastic news!

My day started with a consultant of mine trying to help a client go through Bank of America for their PPP, only to be told the following via email from BoA rep (names have been removed for confidentiality purposes):

"I hope this finds you well & staying healthy! As we approach the application process which is said to be going live tomorrow (Fri 4/3) at 8am EST, I learned today that BofA, based on the guidelines of the SBA & the Treasury Dept, has 4 criteria in order for BofA to grant application access…1) have existing credit/lending relationship at BofA / 2) have existing deposit acct at BofA / 3) have all KYC/due diligence documentation on file at BofA and 4) have digital online access established at BofA. That said, I confirmed that [Your Business] does not have a credit/lending relationship. Do you have credit/lending elsewhere with another financial institution?"

This is a bold faced lie, and we spent the remainder of the day blasting and battling BoA, who eventually came back in the afternoon and said that they would change the policy on Monday (to which my response was "why are you waiting until Monday....this is a first come / first serve and limited resource package....you are screwing thousands upon thousands of small businesses and their employees!)

But I digress: At least BoA was taking applications (last I heard 85,000 worth approx. $22B).....I don't believe PNC bank (my company's bank) took a single application.

My sense with the big banks is that they are going to get 80 - 85% of the applicants and perhaps even larger share of the actual value of the loans. The SBA is backing this, but not forever, so their hang-up is "what happens with the unforgiven loans once the SBA backs out on unforgiven portions?" Given that there is virtually no due diligence requirements, it's not like the banks can vet the applicants, so there is risk associated there for them, and they have to work those details out.

So, BoA's requirement of only taking applicants that are existing credit customers gives them opportunity to vet the applications and ultimately role unforgiven debt into existing lines of credit. My beef is that (a) they lied and said it was SBA and treasury guidelines and (b) the program is first come / first serve w/ any eligible applicant needing only to go to an SBA lender. Otherwise, it makes perfect sense that they are hedging their (unknown) risk.

So the smaller banks, who are very likely not only going to get significantly less PPP activity, but also smaller loan values, are willing to take that risk. Why? Well, a loan that is under $350K carries a 5% application fee the SBA is paying to them. the fee % decreases with higher loan values, but they stand to make a lot of profit on the processing of the loans, with little risk on the back end of unforgiven loans. For that reason, I think the small banks are just fine with taking the risk in exchange for processing the loans
Mililo,
Do you think the big banks will not be interested if the loans are under 100k since they get 5%?
I run 3 golf courses in Southern California for 3 different cities. Two of my contracts are pass through expenses. The employees work for me however I get reimbursed by the city for the cost of their payroll. I only applied for the 3rd course which is a completely different contract that is based on revenue share and I pay everyone with no reimbursement.
Just curious if it’s better or worse to have a smaller amount requested?
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 06:46 PM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by Papachief:
Mililo,
Do you think the big banks will not be interested if the loans are under 100k since they get 5%?
I run 3 golf courses in Southern California for 3 different cities. Two of my contracts are pass through expenses. The employees work for me however I get reimbursed by the city for the cost of their payroll. I only applied for the 3rd course which is a completely different contract that is based on revenue share and I pay everyone with no reimbursement.
Just curious if it’s better or worse to have a smaller amount requested?
Banks won't care....and there will be plenty of PPP loans under $100K. for instance, as of today, BoA has processed 145K loans $30B...an average of $209K per loan.....certainly plenty of loans under $100K in that lot I'd imagine.

Per the treasury fact sheet - https://home.treasury.gov/system/fil...Fact-Sheet.pdf - all business can apply at any SBA lender (assumes eligibility is met). What the big banks are doing is limiting the applications to existing customers (which I have a problem with to a degree, because that's not consistent with what has been outlined and the program is first come / first served, but I understand their perspective)

At any rate, regardless of your payroll amounts, you should apply through your bank, because loan size is irrelevant....
[Reply]
O.city 06:53 PM 04-04-2020
Mililo, I talked to a buddy who's a banker about my issue with the other office. He is gonna talk to his SBA guy, he said he coudl go ahead and apply it and see what they say.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 47
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Up