View Poll Results: People are hoarding toilet paper because they are:
Stupid 34 16.50%
Selfish 6 2.91%
Stupid and selfish 151 73.30%
Other. Please explain in thread. 15 7.28%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll
Page 7 of 30
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Idiots are hoarding toilet paper because?
Pitt Gorilla 01:20 PM 03-14-2020
We know the idiots hoarding bottled water have zero idea about how viruses spread, the water supply, and anything, really. The toilet paper people are similarly perplexing, but their idiocy is at least worth consideration.
[Reply]
Lprechaun 07:40 PM 03-14-2020
So now the rest of the country can see what it's like here every hurricane threat. Somehow people are freaking out here more about this than a 300 mile wide storm bearing down on them.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:04 PM 03-14-2020
Interesting development: Was just at Hy-Vee and the entire side wall was FULL of toilet paper. I asked a dude and he said it had been that way for several hours. For context, we live in a college town where, ostensibly, folks are better educated. Bottled water was on sale with a full section as well.

Perhaps people are coming to their senses.
[Reply]
Spott 08:14 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Yep. I posted pics in the other thread of the aisle at Ralphs being completely empty.

I can't get it on Amazon, Target.com, Walmart.com or Costco.com.

I had no idea that pasta was so popular or that it was a "Desert Island" food.
I had no idea about the pasta, either. I went to get one package of spaghetti at Whole Foods today and the entire section was wiped out. I did find a bag of pasta called conchiglie that should work. They did have plenty of pasta available in their prepared food section. Other than the pasta, they were stocked surprisingly well.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:22 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by Spott:
I had no idea about the pasta, either. I went to get one package of spaghetti at Whole Foods today and the entire section was wiped out. I did find a bag of pasta called conchiglie that should work. They did have plenty of pasta available in their prepared food section. Other than the pasta, they were stocked surprisingly well.
Lots of good Conchiglioni recipes. Just a big shell; or can be treated like macaroni. One recipe I like basically treats Conchiglioni like lasagna. Or rather mini lasagnas inside each Conchiglioni.
[Reply]
Pablo 08:27 PM 03-14-2020
Maybe they have...anal seepage.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 08:54 PM 03-14-2020
If you die and reanimate you need to eat brains(zombie)
If you comeback wrapped in TP, you do not(mummy)
[Reply]
Iowanian 03-14-2020, 08:57 PM
This message has been deleted by Iowanian.
RJ 09:21 PM 03-14-2020
Maybe just more toilet paper is being sold per day and not that many people are actually hoarding?

Sometimes required inventory levels change.
[Reply]
prhom 09:33 PM 03-14-2020
Eventually people will have to stop spending money on stupid shit, right? Everyone has their 6 month supply of TP, bottled water and spaghetti so now the stores can restock.
[Reply]
cdcox 09:52 PM 03-14-2020
I never bought more than one pack at a time, have not bought any in a week, and still have a month in reserve. Checkmate to all of you.
[Reply]
Chaunceythe3rd 10:30 PM 03-14-2020
Reminds me of Y2K panic. People buying dried beans by the barrelful. Russians and Chinese gotta be loving this. They don't have to interfere in our elections to drive us into absolute mass hysteria over any natural occurrence such as a change of date. I believe that illegal immigrants are bringing the coronavirus to U.S. So where is the haste to close the southern border?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:43 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by Chaunceythe3rd:
Reminds me of Y2K panic. People buying dried beans by the barrelful. Russians and Chinese gotta be loving this. They don't have to interfere in our elections to drive us into absolute mass hysteria over any natural occurrence such as a change of date. I believe that illegal immigrants are bringing the coronavirus to U.S. So where is the haste to close the southern border?
Get the DC crap out of here, you butt-****ing moron.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 01:03 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I bought the last two 12 packs of TP in my town and traded one for a 15 pack of beer. Win!
which is the way we should get rid of capitalism and go back to this
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 01:04 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by Chaunceythe3rd:
and looking back, that was a dumb as fuck lie. Nothing was going to go wrong and they already knew it
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 01:09 AM 03-15-2020
a local market chain here, Fred Meyer's.
has decided to only allow a minimum purchase of TP per customer.
which is funny in a way.. last summer there was a water contamination issue, allegedly.
the same old.. well, if youre pregnant or old or unhealthy, it might affect you...
they were still charging for the bottled water.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 02:58 AM 03-15-2020
This should really be good for the economy. I mean people are spending like crazy.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 30
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up