ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 12
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Media Center>Tom Hardy Is Your New Venom
thabear04 04:08 PM 05-19-2017
One of the more confusing and intriguing recent developments in our ongoing Superhero Boom has been Sony’s development of their own cinematic universe based on Spider-Man characters … but without Spider-Man in it. They own the rights to those figures, but they’re co-producing Spidey sagas set in the Disney-owned Marvel Cinematic Universe, so the webslinger himself can’t be part of a new, self-contained mythology at Sony. They’re doing the next-best thing by having their own little world that centers around longtime Spider-Man supporting player Venom, and word has come down today that Tom Hardy will be playing him (and his alter ego, Eddie Brock) in 2018’s eponymous Venom. Ruben Fleischer of Zombieland will be directing. This will be Hardy’s return to the superhero genre after his muffled turn as Bane in 2012’s The Dark Knight Rises, and it’s certainly a coup for Sony to grab such a beloved star, but the question remains: Will people see a Spider-flick that doesn’t have the original wall-crawler in it? If anyone can do it, it’s Tom, who is bald now:

Tom Hardy is Eddie Brock in #Venom, the upcoming film from Sony’s Marvel Universe releasing October 5, 2018 – production starts this fall. pic.twitter.com/OZQqDEvoum

— Sony Pictures (@SonyPictures) May 19, 2017

[Reply]
Rausch 10:33 PM 04-24-2018
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
I’m still in. Should be fun, and can’t wait to see what Carnage looks like!
Not planning to see it as of now but leaving the door open. The voice and Venom/Brock interaction sounded much better than I thought it would but the look of Venom at the end of the trailer looked pretty raw.

I've got a heavy bias due to them ripping the character away from his Spidey origins though so...
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 05:10 PM 04-25-2018
Are they trying to make it look shiny like a Black Widow spider or just bad CGI?
[Reply]
Rams Fan 05:55 PM 04-25-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Tom Hardy is already Bane.

He shouldn't be able to be someone else.

One celebrity, per villain/superhero.
Chris Evans and Michael Keaton would like to have a word with you.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:59 PM 04-25-2018
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Chris Evans and Michael Keaton would like to have a word with you.
Ryan Reynolds: Hannibal King, Hal Jordan, Wade Wilson
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:48 PM 05-04-2018
Who did it better?*

[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:25 PM 05-06-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Tom Hardy is already Bane.

He shouldn't be able to be someone else.

One celebrity, per villain/superhero.
Chris Evans played multiple superheroes, so...
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:23 PM 05-06-2018
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Too late on that front.
you can’t see his face as Bane so it doesn’t count. :-)
[Reply]
Rausch 09:16 AM 05-08-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
you can’t see his face as Bane so it doesn’t count. :-)
Thanos demands you delete that post...
[Reply]
hometeam 06:56 PM 05-08-2018
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Chris Evans played multiple superheroes, so...
Yup.. Ben Affleck was Batman and Daredevil
Halle Berry was Catwoman and Storm
Ryan Reynolds was Green Lantern and Deadpool
Nicholas Cage was Ghost Rider and Big Daddy

[Reply]
bowener 07:57 AM 05-09-2018
Originally Posted by hometeam:
Yup.. Ben Affleck was Batman and Daredevil
Halle Berry was Catwoman and Storm
Ryan Reynolds was Green Lantern and Deadpool & Hannibal King in Blade: Trinity
Nicholas Cage was Ghost Rider and Big Daddy

Renolds has been three. Four if you count his first version of "Deadpool" as its own hero/villain... which arguably you can.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 06:27 PM 05-09-2018
Josh Brolin: Jonah Hex, Thanos, Cable
[Reply]
ChiefAshhole1056 10:29 AM 05-10-2018
I’m glad I’m not the only one who was really disappointed in the trailer. This looks like a bust which breaks my balls because I had high hopes for this.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 12:15 PM 05-10-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole1056:
I’m glad I’m not the only one who was really disappointed in the trailer. This looks like a bust which breaks my balls because I had high hopes for this.
I'm not disappointed, but I am skeptical.

They're completely redoing Venom's origin.
[Reply]
sedated 12:58 PM 05-10-2018
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
They're completely redoing Venom's origin.
They kind of have to, since Spiderman can't be included. I'm not sure why they would even try making something so closely linked to Spiderman if they have to gut that whole part of the story.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 01:13 PM 05-10-2018
Originally Posted by sedated:
They kind of have to, since Spiderman can't be included. I'm not sure why they would even try making something so closely linked to Spiderman if they have to gut that whole part of the story.
From my understanding, Sony could use Spider-Man in a Venom universe.

Sony's agreement with Marvel, from what I interpret it to be,is that Spider-Man can appear in the MCU and that MCU characters can appear in Spider-Man movies(ala Homecoming).

What Sony's trying to do is stupid. They'd benefit so much if they just incorporated Spider-Man's universe into MCU(like all of the characters) while still having full control over distribution rights, etc.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 12
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up