ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 12
1 234511 > Last »
Media Center>Tom Hardy Is Your New Venom
thabear04 04:08 PM 05-19-2017
One of the more confusing and intriguing recent developments in our ongoing Superhero Boom has been Sony’s development of their own cinematic universe based on Spider-Man characters … but without Spider-Man in it. They own the rights to those figures, but they’re co-producing Spidey sagas set in the Disney-owned Marvel Cinematic Universe, so the webslinger himself can’t be part of a new, self-contained mythology at Sony. They’re doing the next-best thing by having their own little world that centers around longtime Spider-Man supporting player Venom, and word has come down today that Tom Hardy will be playing him (and his alter ego, Eddie Brock) in 2018’s eponymous Venom. Ruben Fleischer of Zombieland will be directing. This will be Hardy’s return to the superhero genre after his muffled turn as Bane in 2012’s The Dark Knight Rises, and it’s certainly a coup for Sony to grab such a beloved star, but the question remains: Will people see a Spider-flick that doesn’t have the original wall-crawler in it? If anyone can do it, it’s Tom, who is bald now:

Tom Hardy is Eddie Brock in #Venom, the upcoming film from Sony’s Marvel Universe releasing October 5, 2018 – production starts this fall. pic.twitter.com/OZQqDEvoum

— Sony Pictures (@SonyPictures) May 19, 2017

[Reply]
The Franchise 04:10 PM 05-19-2017
Fuck yes.
[Reply]
unlurking 05:41 PM 05-19-2017
Totally. Always loved Venom.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 05:43 PM 05-19-2017
Part of the allure of Venom/Eddie Brock is that he is the antithesis to Spiderman/Peter Parker in every way. I hope they do this justice and its not just a cheap cash grab.
[Reply]
thabear04 05:48 PM 05-19-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
**** yes.
Heard this was going to be a Rated R movie.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 06:57 PM 05-19-2017
Huge...now hope he faces off against Spiderman in a future Movie
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 04:10 AM 05-21-2017
Could be really bad ass. How do you have a super villain movie without a hero though?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:45 AM 05-21-2017
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Could be really bad ass. How do you have a super villain movie without a hero though?
It would be a quasi horror movie that maybe rated R.
[Reply]
sully1983 06:16 AM 05-21-2017
I'll see Hardy in anything so I am down for this . Hopefully we'll eventually get Carnage .
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:49 AM 05-21-2017
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
I'm in even more now!!
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:14 AM 05-21-2017
Wasn't Sony supposed to do this a few years ago tied into the Andrew Garfield Spidey movies? They sort of tried setting it up at the end.

I don't have much faith in Sony to pull this off.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:54 AM 05-21-2017
Venom is, or at least fancies himself, a bit of an anti-hero but I'm still not sure how you can have a Venom movie without Spider-Man.

It would be like having a Robin story without Batman.i
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:31 PM 05-21-2017
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Venom is, or at least fancies himself, a bit of an anti-hero but I'm still not sure how you can have a Venom movie without Spider-Man.

It would be like having a Robin story without Batman.i
After reading up it's seems like They'll use the Flash Thompson secret agent story arc
[Reply]
Jamie 06:52 PM 05-21-2017
I thought they might thread it in. Like introduce the symbiote in one of the Infinity War movies and do Venom in the sequel to Spider-Man Homecoming, then maybe spin it out. Though I guess that would be a lot of track for Marvel to lay for movies they might not even be involved with.
[Reply]
bowener 12:43 AM 05-22-2017
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Holy shit that would be an incredible turn for the comic genre. If they could pull off a legit horror film with Venom I would shit myself and be happy about it. I'm imaging something like the original Alien. Ok, it would almost be exactly alien. Just imagine his long ass scary tongue and giant fucking teeth instead of the mouth inside a mouth.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 12
1 234511 > Last »
Up