ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 45 of 51
« First < 354142434445 46474849 > Last »
Media Center>Ed Harris takes Top villain role in HBOs "Westworld" reboot
Deberg_1990 03:51 PM 08-11-2014
Sweet. Loved this film when I was a kid. It's ripe for a reboot.

Doesn't sound like he's playing the Yul Brenner role though

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/08/11/ed-harris-westworld/

Image Credit: WireImage.com
Ed Harris is coming to series TV: The Abyss and Apollo 13 actor has signed on as the Big Bad in HBO’s Westworld reboot.
The four-time Oscar nominee’s character is called The Man in Black, and is described as “the distillation of pure villainy into one man.” He joins previously cast star — and fellow series television newcomer—Anthony Hopkins, along with Evan Rachel Wood, Jeffrey Wright, and Shannon Woodward.

The Warner Bros.-produced sci-fi pilot produced by J.J Abrams, Jerry Weintraub, and Bryan Burk updates Michael Crichton’s 1973 classic film about a theme park where androids fulfill dark human desires. Harris’ description might sound like he’s playing the Yul Brynner killer-cowboy robot role, but it seems like actor Rodrigo Santoro was tapped for that part—and online production rumors suggest The Man in Black is actually a human character who sadistically abuses the androids.

Harris will soon be seen the feature film Run All Night, starring opposite Liam Neeson and Joel Kinnaman. Harris won a Golden Globe and was nominated for an Emmy for his work in HBO’s Game Change.
[Reply]
listopencil 11:43 PM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I really like it so far.

Am I right in presuming that the persona inside Charlotte is Teddy?

There is some really really good filmmaking in this show. Particularly when Charlotte was melting down and getting in the car with the bent windows that distorted her face really set the mood.

Also, Ramin Djawadi is a fucking wizard.

The last scene with Delores and Caleb is really well done and super compelling.

I have been going on the assumption that Charlotte is Teddy. Struck me kind of weird when he suddenly started sucking on Charlotte's ex-husband's face like that. So maybe TedChar is a red herring. Makes me wonder if Charlotte is actually a duplicate of Dolores.
[Reply]
Third Eye 10:02 AM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
This appears to be a completely different kind of show than the first 2 seasons. That may be a good thing.
Very much agreed. I enjoyed the first season even if it was overhyped a bit, thought the 2nd season was meh at best, but this third season really has me intrigued so far.
[Reply]
Third Eye 10:06 AM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I really like it so far.

Am I right in presuming that the persona inside Charlotte is Teddy?

There is some really really good filmmaking in this show. Particularly when Charlotte was melting down and getting in the car with the bent windows that distorted her face really set the mood.

Also, Ramin Djawadi is a fucking wizard.

The last scene with Delores and Caleb is really well done and super compelling.
Based on that scene with the pedo, I’m thinking Charlotte is housing Dolores’ Wyatt persona.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:15 AM 04-01-2020
Yeah I don't think Teddy is killing that guy. It's someone else.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:03 AM 04-01-2020
I'm going with RW Charlotte housing WW Angela for the moment
[Reply]
Third Eye 12:29 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I could see that as well. I had completely forgotten about her character until you mentioned her. She definitely showed some violent tendencies.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:25 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I think they are both Delores. The new Charlotte is just the less dangerous part of Delores persona. Could be wrong though, it could be Teddy that was reprogrammed by Delores.
[Reply]
stumppy 01:45 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I think they are both Delores. The new Charlotte is just the less dangerous part of Delores persona. Could be wrong though, it could be Teddy that was reprogrammed by Delores.
Same here.
[Reply]
listopencil 11:53 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I have been going on the assumption that Charlotte is Teddy. Struck me kind of weird when he suddenly started sucking on Charlotte's ex-husband's face like that. So maybe TedChar is a red herring. Makes me wonder if Charlotte is actually a duplicate of Dolores.

The same thing popped into my head, too. I don't see Teddy being comfy grinding hard on Charlotte's male ex even though 'Charlotte' said that there seems to be a lot of Charlotte present in 'Charlotte', and I don't think Teddy saw himself as a predator enough to use it as a line against the pedo. Also although there is a lot of tenderness and emotional support in the relationship between Dolores and 'Charlotte' there doesn't seem to be any sexual tension at all. If it's Teddy then it seems to me that the awkward grinding would have been honestly directed at Dolores even though I do realize that it was most likely just a ruse to manipulate the ex when it happened with him.
[Reply]
listopencil 11:55 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
Based on that scene with the pedo, I’m thinking Charlotte is housing Dolores’ Wyatt persona.

Now, that's a cool idea. if 'Charlotte' is Wyatt then that would explain the behavior.
[Reply]
vailpass 11:01 AM 04-02-2020
i'm guessing William. He wasn't afraid to dig into his own flesh and they could use a bad-ass to help their cause in the new world.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:25 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
i'm guessing William. He wasn't afraid to dig into his own flesh and they could use a bad-ass to help their cause in the new world.
I thought about that too. There is a clip of Ed Harris in one of the promos.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:32 PM 04-05-2020
Yep, Aaron Paul is Teddy
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:55 AM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Yep, Aaron Paul is Teddy
you think so?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:34 AM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
you think so?

Yep, Teddy is gullible. Dolores was showing his programming from his childhood to death or when the real man died. Since they are all backup copies of Delores she needed a patsy to think their human and control

"Your world, isn't as different as ours"

Aaron Paul is this season's Bernard
[Reply]
Page 45 of 51
« First < 354142434445 46474849 > Last »
Up