ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2118 of 3903
« First < 1118161820182068210821142115211621172118 211921202121212221282168221826183118 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
loochy 12:48 PM 05-19-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
San Francisco Fed: 20%+ unemployment through year 2022.

Dude, it doesn't say that AT ALL.

Originally Posted by :
The economists created three possible unemployment rate scenarios. One assumes a hiring pace similar to that in other recoveries and shows a slow return to pre-pandemic job levels, with the unemployment rate staying above 10% at the beginning of next year. Another shows growth bouncing back in the second half of this year and staying strong in 2021, resulting in a much quicker drop in the jobless rate.
The most optimistic case assumes strong hiring following an end to coronavirus restrictions in July, with hiring rates returning to pre-outbreak levels by the end of the third quarter. It would require 9 million hires per month in July, August and September, a rate nearly four times that of the most robust period following the 2008 financial crisis.

[Reply]
Mecca 12:48 PM 05-19-2020
https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...u-s-into-japan

Does this mean we're going to witness more sushi shops and bicycle riders?
[Reply]
Monticore 12:50 PM 05-19-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Drug test don't tell companies what drugs they test positive for. Its a pass/fail system. Again HIPAA doesn't allow for companies to see PERSONAL medical information. Period.
I could see more companies making it part of the hiring process . Employer losing money towards sick days etc, people would be more likely to frequent a business that requires vaccines etc..
[Reply]
loochy 12:51 PM 05-19-2020
Originally Posted by jackkked:
I found this on the SanDiegoCounty.gov website this morning, not sure if all municipalities offer such information or not, but for those that are interested in knowing what is really going on, it could be useful.

This tells me that a 102 year old got COVID and lived through it
[Reply]
SupDock 12:55 PM 05-19-2020
Drug test don't tell companies what drugs they test positive for. Its a pass/fail system. Again HIPAA doesn't allow for companies to see PERSONAL medical information. Period.
You waive your privacy (consent to release) drug testing, for those specific results. Often managers are only told pass/fail, but that is not always true.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:00 PM 05-19-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
You waive your privacy (consent to release) drug testing, for those specific results. Often managers are only told pass/fail, but that is not always true.
Yes and again you are signing a waiver. But that is drug testing, which in the work place "Depending" has a viable reason to be asked.

Vaccines are going to be near impossible for companies to provide a valid reasoning for.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:01 PM 05-19-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I could see more companies making it part of the hiring process . Employer losing money towards sick days etc, people would be more likely to frequent a business that requires vaccines etc..
Lmao no

In no realistic world is this true or right.
[Reply]
Monticore 01:09 PM 05-19-2020
Lmao no

maybe not but the perception of a disease free environment is not a bad thing and just because it doesn't seem realistic doesn't mean it will never become reality.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 01:17 PM 05-19-2020
maybe not but the perception of a disease free environment is not a bad thing and just because it doesn't seem realistic doesn't mean it will never become reality.
If you think requiring employees to get a vaccine is going to create a disease free environment then you really need to do more research on vaccinations.
[Reply]
Monticore 01:21 PM 05-19-2020
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
If you think requiring employees to get a vaccine is going to create a disease free environment then you really need to do more research on vaccinations.
I said perception of one , I don’t think that , but you would be amazed what the average person will believe. Why do you think every business on tv is mentioning covid in their adds most of them probably are not doing anything much different than before.
[Reply]
SupDock 01:27 PM 05-19-2020
Lmao no

Pizza Hut has ads right now talking about how no one touches your pizza after it leaves the oven.

You can't tell me that public perception of Covid-19 mitigation from businesses isn't important
[Reply]
wazu 01:28 PM 05-19-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
Pizza Hut has ads right now talking about how no one touches your pizza after it leaves the oven.

You can't tell me that public perception of Covid-19 mitigation from businesses isn't important
I mean, before all of this people would poke, prod, and lick the pizza just as part of normal prep. Not anymore. Great job, Pizza Hut!
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 01:32 PM 05-19-2020
I said perception of one , I don’t think that , but you would be amazed what the average person will believe. Why do you think every business on tv is mentioning covid in their adds most of them probably are not doing anything much different than before.
Maybe because the news and the doomsday headlines have made people this way now. I hope I’m not coming across as argumentative towards you, I’m just tired of talking to people who assume that the faster we get a vaccine for this thing the better. You’re not really even saying that, but you’re the only one quoting me and carrying on the conversation so I’m taking my frustrations out on you. :-)

I think most health care workers are rooting for an antibody over a rushed vaccine at this point. A good antibody drug could take the fatality rate down to levels that a vaccine might not even be required anymore in a perfect world. I know that’s definitely what I’m hoping for.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:33 PM 05-19-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
The bigger indictment in that video was of the decision makers/bureaucrats. They get paid whether we're shutdown or not.
:-)
[Reply]
Monticore 01:50 PM 05-19-2020
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Maybe because the news and the doomsday headlines have made people this way now. I hope I’m not coming across as argumentative towards you, I’m just tired of talking to people who assume that the faster we get a vaccine for this thing the better. You’re not really even saying that, but you’re the only one quoting me and carrying on the conversation so I’m taking my frustrations out on you. :-)

I think most health care workers are rooting for an antibody over a rushed vaccine at this point. A good antibody drug could take the fatality rate down to levels that a vaccine might not even be required anymore in a perfect world. I know that’s definitely what I’m hoping for.
I agree , what is the likelihood of having an antibody drug vs a vaccine, I haven't looked it up so I really don't have a clue on the success rates on those.
[Reply]
Page 2118 of 3903
« First < 1118161820182068210821142115211621172118 211921202121212221282168221826183118 > Last »
Up