ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2115 of 3903
« First < 1115161520152065210521112112211321142115 211621172118211921252165221526153115 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Monticore 10:28 AM 05-19-2020
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
If they’re fairly healthy then they’ll probably be in the large percentage of people who survive this. Not every old person is dying. In fact there was the Italian guy that survived this and the Spanish flu. The fact is we can try to avoid death as much as we want, but we’re ultimately not in control of that. For you to project that your relatives could live to 85 is a bonus considering the average lifespan is still below 72. For the average age of death in both San Diego and Italy to be well over that number is pretty astounding. Makes you realize why more places aren’t breaking down the numbers like that. It definitely makes the virus seem a lot less apocalyptic
One thing that is hard to predict when it comes to viruses like this is reduction in life expectancy for people who get infected and also the non life threatening long term effects , are some of those rare sure, are some mild sure , but they are still something they are taking into consideration when they make these decisions.

We still can't say that it doesn't kill or affect young people , it does.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 10:32 AM 05-19-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
One thing that is hard to predict when it comes to viruses like this is reduction in life expectancy for people who get infected and also the non life threatening long term effects , are some of those rare sure, are some mild sure , but they are still something they are taking into consideration when they make these decisions.

We still can't say that it doesn't kill or affect young people , it does.
Will they take all of this into account when trying to rush a vaccine then? No ones saying that it doesn’t kill young people. We’re just saying the flu is twice as likely to kill young people (0-24) because that’s obviously what the CDC data has shown us. Should we be closing schools for every flu season in the future?
[Reply]
Monticore 10:37 AM 05-19-2020
Will they take all of this into account when trying to rush a vaccine then? No ones saying that it doesn’t kill young people. We’re just saying the flu is twice as likely to kill young people (0-24) because that’s obviously what the CDC data has shown us. Should we be closing schools for every flu season in the future?
No but people should be taking their flu shot , 45% of Americans over 18 get it last time I checked , less people would die if more people take it , but most don’t for different reasons most of them are unfounded.

So people have the opportunity to help others every year including kids and chose not to.

The same people will do the same with a proven safe corona vaccine if we get one.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:44 AM 05-19-2020
No but people should be taking their flu shot , 45% of Americans over 18 get it last time I checked , less people would die if more people take it , but most don’t for different reasons most of them are unfounded.

So people have the opportunity to help others every year including kids and chose not to.

The same people will do the same with a proven safe corona vaccine if we get one.
:-)
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 10:45 AM 05-19-2020

Meh. It’s still less than a couple hundred pediatric deaths a year. I agree more people should get it, but let’s not act like people not getting it is causing some major death count as a result. The numbers definitely don’t support making it mandatory especially since every years vaccine will have different results.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:54 AM 05-19-2020

Yeah and the flu vaccine ranges between 30-70% effectiveness. It's time to move on, we can just take precautions.

But being locked down is doing nothing but prolonging this.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:05 AM 05-19-2020
John Glenns widow, Annie Glenn passes at 100. The Covid got her.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...glenn-n1210371
[Reply]
Monticore 11:07 AM 05-19-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Yeah and the flu vaccine ranges between 30-70% effectiveness. It's time to move on, we can just take precautions.

But being locked down is doing nothing but prolonging this.
I think most places are opening up, most experts don't think it is feasible staying locked down till we have a cure or vaccine available but they all express the same concerns on opening up too quickly without some preventative measures in place.

Nobody wants to have to go back to the way it was 2 months ago , so I think everyone is hoping for the best possible outcome moving forward.
[Reply]
kgrund 11:07 AM 05-19-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Are there meat packing plants in Ford and Finney counties in Kansas?
Yes. Seward County in SW Kansas also has a meat packing plant.
[Reply]
Monticore 11:09 AM 05-19-2020
Meh. It’s still less than a couple hundred pediatric deaths a year. I agree more people should get it, but let’s not act like people not getting it is causing some major death count as a result. The numbers definitely don’t support making it mandatory especially since every years vaccine will have different results.
A lot more people die from Influenza than the flu shot by a wide margin( pretty much zero), so there is no real reason not to take it .
[Reply]
Pablo 11:12 AM 05-19-2020
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
I heard pizza cheese from big chain pizzerias is full of fillers which means it's not really totally cheese.
Sure you did, loon.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:13 AM 05-19-2020
CDC: Coronavirus mainly spreads through person-to-person contact and 'does not spread easily' on contaminated surfaces

Link
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 11:17 AM 05-19-2020
A lot more people die from Influenza than the flu shot by a wide margin( pretty much zero), so there is no real reason not to take it .
You’re right, but there are also no real reasons to make it mandatory like a lot of people are thinking we can do with this coronavirus vaccine and have wanted to do with the flu vaccines. That’s all I’m worried about is people wanting to make this coronavirus vaccine mandatory for anyone who wants to travel. There have been talks of that and as someone who still has to travel for work I’m definitely not going to be okay taking a vaccine in the next 3-5 years. Luckily I don’t think it’s possible in America to make it mandatory like some people are hoping.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:19 AM 05-19-2020
You’re right, but there are also no real reasons to make it mandatory like a lot of people are thinking we can do with this coronavirus vaccine and have wanted to do with the flu vaccines. That’s all I’m worried about is people wanting to make this coronavirus vaccine mandatory for anyone who wants to travel. There have been talks of that and as someone who still has to travel for work I’m definitely not going to be okay taking a vaccine in the next 3-5 years. Luckily I don’t think it’s possible in America to make it mandatory like some people are hoping.
Violation of the constitution
[Reply]
Monticore 11:20 AM 05-19-2020
I don't think they can make it mandatory, but you would think the threat of yearly lockdowns would be enough motivation at this point.
[Reply]
Page 2115 of 3903
« First < 1115161520152065210521112112211321142115 211621172118211921252165221526153115 > Last »
Up