ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 19
« First < 61213141516 171819 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark goes off!!
Dante84 09:38 PM 01-19-2020
Love this dude so much

Frank Clark. Enjoy. Trust me.
🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 pic.twitter.com/E3AFuZDX3L

— James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) January 20, 2020

[Reply]
BWillie 04:16 PM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
He isn’t even a top 5 RB in this league. I could probably come up with 10 RBs I would take over him.
Top active RB in yards per carry. Derrick Henry. He's a future HOF player.

Why be upset about it? He's a great back. And you know what? He doesn't really matter when you have an offense like ours that can come back down double digits without breaking a sweat.

This is something to celebrate. We dominated a team that had it's way running the ball, as they wanted in the first half. And we STILL beat them easily forcing them away from their game plan in the second half.
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:18 PM 01-20-2020
Titans are going to "do it right" and pay Derrick Henry an extension. They're also going to pay Ryan Tannehill because it's probably the best option they've got.

And then they're going to reeeeally regret doing that when they can't build a real team around those two.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 04:21 PM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by R Clark:
Nobody said the run game is more important than passing it, you just have to have both to be a well rounded team all around good team
Right, and BWillie's stupid ass doesn't even understand that.

Originally Posted by R Clark:
Without a doubt you are the dumbest mfer on this board, to the point it’s not worth the effort trying to explain the game of football to your dumb ass.
:-)
:-)

Awesome.

Originally Posted by BWillie:
What would you like to call it?
I call it you being the dumbest mfer on this board.
If we extrapolate the 1st half out to a full game it is 124 yards.
And if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.
I just don't understand why you guys get upset or refuse to credit the offense for helping establish the tone and tempo of the game, forcing Tennessee into passing the ball.
There's a lot you don't understand.

Like, it's a TEAM game, and isolating one aspect and calling it "more important" is stupid as ****.

Mahomes passed for 450 yards and 3 TDs against the Titans in week 10. But without a running game to kill the clock, and without any run defense, we lost. Maybe you don't understand that or even want to acknowledge that, but the rest of us understand football.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 04:22 PM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Titans are going to "do it right" and pay Derrick Henry an extension. They're also going to pay Ryan Tannehill because it's probably the best option they've got.

And then they're going to reeeeally regret doing that when they can't build a real team around those two.
Let them. They'll be the Utah Jazz to our Chicago Bulls.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:25 PM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

They don't have a good answer. It's hard to tell your fans they let go both of those guys, but that is exactly what they should do. Henry and Tannehill just won't be good enough. Not with Mahomes, Watson and Lamar who are set to be fixtures in the AFC for years to come.
[Reply]
srvy 05:00 PM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Hope the same is true for the next game as well. Gonna be a lot of people saying it's impossible for the Chiefs to slow down the Niners run game.
Already started with the radio wonks saying Pat has never seen a pass rush like the 49ers. Although he faced them last year and really not much change other than Dee Ford.

typed with my trusty nose picker using Tapatalk
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:00 PM 01-20-2020
They don't have a good answer. It's hard to tell your fans they let go both of those guys, but that is exactly what they should do. Henry and Tannehill just won't be good enough. Not with Mahomes, Watson and Lamar who are set to be fixtures in the AFC for years to come.
Lamar got exposed, he's a RB posing as a QB. He doesn't throw well enough to be a legitimate threat.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:03 PM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Lamar got exposed, he's a RB posing as a QB. He doesn't throw well enough to be a legitimate threat.
Agree with that, but I think we can all agree Baltimore is in better shape moving forward than the Titans.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:13 PM 01-20-2020
Agree with that, but I think we can all agree Baltimore is in better shape moving forward than the Titans.
Really? I don't know about that at all.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:14 PM 01-20-2020
Top active RB in yards per carry. Derrick Henry. He's a future HOF player.

Why be upset about it? He's a great back. And you know what? He doesn't really matter when you have an offense like ours that can come back down double digits without breaking a sweat.

This is something to celebrate. We dominated a team that had it's way running the ball, as they wanted in the first half. And we STILL beat them easily forcing them away from their game plan in the second half.
No.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:20 PM 01-20-2020
Nothing about Derrick's career stats so far indicate that he will go to the HOF.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:25 PM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Nothing about Derrick's career stats so far indicate that he will go to the HOF.
BWillie is truly a blitering idiot.
[Reply]
johnny961 05:41 PM 01-20-2020
I do think that a good draft could change that though. I don't follow Tennessee closely enough though to know much about their scouting and draft situation.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:50 PM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Not now. I expect Tenn to resign Henry and ride him until hes 31. It will depend on his usage and lack of injury going forward but I expect him to reel off at least five more 1100+ yard seasons. When you look at his YPC it is among the best ever. Jamaal was at the top of YPC as well but he isnt a bruising force and is more of a finesse back. Henry doesn't have the pass catching component but perhaps that is coming. I believe in Henrys talent. Unfortunately for Tenn riding an elite RB isnt how you win anymore.

I expect Tenn, Baltimore and Houston to repeatedly knock on the door for the Super Bowl but Mahomes and Co making it difficult for them with the Chiefs going to as many or more Super Bowls than all three of those teams combined.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:00 PM 01-20-2020
Not now. I expect Tenn to resign Henry and ride him until hes 31. It will depend on his usage and lack of injury going forward but I expect him to reel off at least five more 1100+ yard seasons. When you look at his YPC it is among the best ever. Jamaal was at the top of YPC as well but he isnt a bruising force and is more of a finesse back. Henry doesn't have the pass catching component but perhaps that is coming. I believe in Henrys talent. Unfortunately for Tenn riding an elite RB isnt how you win anymore.

I expect Tenn, Baltimore and Houston to repeatedly knock on the door for the Super Bowl but Mahomes and Co making it difficult for them with the Chiefs going to as many or more Super Bowls than all three of those teams combined.
I will give you that he's been under-utilized until this season. This is the first season that Henry has rushed at least 300 times in a season. In fact, I believe this is the first season in hi career that he's started all 16 games. And his numbers are elite for 2019.

And if he rushes 300+ times/season, over the next 6-7 years, and continues to rush for an average close to or exceeding 5 yards/carry over that span, and continues to score around 12+ TDs per season, he could be in the conversation as an HOFer.

But that's a big "if" at this point. At this point, all he's done is have one exceptional season in a four year career.

So did Gurley.

And so have a lot of big backs over the years. It's going to be at least four high-production years before we can even think about putting Henry in the "great" box.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 19
« First < 61213141516 171819 >
Up