ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 29
« First < 172324252627 2829 >
In Memoriam>RIP Logical (Jim)
Son of Logical 02:39 PM 04-29-2009
Hello All,

As many of you know my Dad (Logical) has been in the hospital since January. He has been fighting a bunch of different problems, and it looked like he was going to beat it, and make it home. Unfortunately, in the past week things took a real turn for the worse. It is my understanding that he has at most two weeks left, but from what I can see myself, it probably won't be that long.

I know he really valued this board and a lot of the people on it. I wanted you all to know that he may of been a person that liked to stir things up, but he is one of the most caring people that this world has ever had to offer. He helped raise my sisters and I to be strong, loving, and intelligent people.

In these past few months, he has again found the Lord, and I strongly believe it is simply God calling him home. Please remember him for the good times, and do not judge him to harshly for the times he gave any of you heck.

He is my father, and a great man.

Thank You,

James

Update: My father passed away this morning at 7:30 am (pst). For the most part it was peaceful, my sisters and I were there with him to last second. He will be missed.

My sister read him many of your replies, and she told me he really enjoyed it. Thank you for all your kind words.
[Reply]
milkman 09:49 AM 12-17-2010
Jim wasn't nearly as logical as he tried to portray himself to be, but he had a unique ability to remain almost dispassionate while he was beating you down if you displayed what he viewed as dumbassery.

I miss that guy.
[Reply]
patteeu 09:56 AM 12-17-2010
Originally Posted by milkman:
Jim wasn't nearly as logical as he tried to portray himself to be, but he had a unique ability to remain almost dispassionate while he was beating you down if you displayed what he viewed as dumbassery.

I miss that guy.
When he changed his name to Vlad Logicslav (after changing his politics from conservative to liberal), I started calling him Vlib Logiclost. He seemed to get a kick out of it.
[Reply]
vailpass 10:02 AM 12-17-2010
I always appreciated Vlad's takes even if they weren't in agreement with my own.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:06 AM 12-17-2010
I always liked Jim even though I didn't always agree with a lot of his views. He seemed like a genuinely decent guy. RIP, Logical.
[Reply]
RedNFeisty 10:51 AM 12-17-2010
Logical was my favorite person of all time. You know he looks down on us once in a while, smiling, laughing, saying we are all still a bunch of dumb asses!

Make sure to keep all the angels on their toes, Jim! :-)
[Reply]
seclark 11:03 AM 12-17-2010
:-)
[Reply]
BigOlChiefsfan 11:24 AM 12-17-2010
I always figured God must be a CHIEFS fan, because he doesn't make it easy for any of us. This ain't no bandwagon group. With that in mind, I'm guessing Jim has seats on the celestial 50 yard line and some damned good company up there.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:41 AM 12-17-2010
Originally Posted by BigOlChiefsfan:
I always figured God must be a CHIEFS fan, because he doesn't make it easy for any of us. This ain't no bandwagon group. With that in mind, I'm guessing Jim has seats on the celestial 50 yard line and some damned good company up there.
Jim is now trolling Lamar, Hank and DT 24/7.
[Reply]
Mi_chief_fan 01:57 PM 12-17-2010
I joined this forum right around the time Jim did. We had alot of disagreements over the years, sometimes he got on my nerves (especially his love for Jeremy Shockey).

But I respected him, we got along most of the time, and this is truly a sad day. I'm sorry for the family. My thoughts are with the family.
[Reply]
Donger 02:21 PM 12-17-2010
I liked Jim, although he could never tell when I was being facetious or not.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:24 PM 12-17-2010
Originally Posted by Donger:
I liked Jim, although he could never tell when I was being facetious or not.
Jim was the original
[Reply]
Calcountry 02:30 PM 12-17-2010
I always liked Jim even though I didn't always agree with a lot of his views. He seemed like a genuinely decent guy. RIP, Logical.
[Reply]
MOhillbilly 02:48 PM 12-17-2010
logical left me one of the nicest rep comments anyone ever has.
[Reply]
booger 03:04 PM 12-17-2010
Originally Posted by Phobia:
Not everybody knew it but he basically paid for the place for several years out of his own pocket. His single annual donation vastly outweighed the combined donations of all others. I've been out of the picture for several years now but yeah, he meant a lot to this place both on the front end and the back end. Hopefully Kyle has found another well-off member to pick up the monetary slack for Jim.
didn't know that. Thanks for sharing:-)

hope all his family and friends are healthy and happy this christmas
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:32 PM 12-17-2010
Originally Posted by Phobia:
Not everybody knew it but he basically paid for the place for several years out of his own pocket. His single annual donation vastly outweighed the combined donations of all others. I've been out of the picture for several years now but yeah, he meant a lot to this place both on the front end and the back end. Hopefully Kyle has found another well-off member to pick up the monetary slack for Jim.
yeah and I don't even get a thank you note from AustinChief. :-)

j/k

I got to meet Jim in person at a Planet tailgate one year. We had a lot of fun meeting each other for the first time after talking on the board for years. I do miss him on the board. Wish he was still here. He is missed. Salu Jim! :-)
[Reply]
Page 27 of 29
« First < 172324252627 2829 >
Up