ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 33 of 50
« First < 232930313233 3435363743 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2018-2019 Royals Offseason Repository ***
Coach 09:05 PM 10-29-2018
As the season comes to a close after an awful season, there is a possibility of some hope since the team played better in late August to the end of the season.

Here are all the important dates you need to know for the 2018-19 MLB offseason. Some of them do involve the Royals, such as:

Oct. 29: As of 9 a.m. ET on Monday, all eligible players are free agents (Escobar - good riddance).

Oct. 31: Most contract option decisions are due on this date (Hammel should be declined, resulting $2 million buyout and Peralta should be accepted, resulting $3 million increase to the payroll, and could be future flip for additional minor leaguers if he performs well).

Spoiler!

Nov. 2: Deadline for teams to tender their eligible FA the qualifying offer.

Spoiler!

Nov. 3: Free agency begins.

Nov. 4: Gold Glove winners announced (Gordon & Perez).

Spoiler!

Nov. 6-8: General manager meetings in Carlsbad, California.

Nov. 12: Deadline for free agents to accept or reject the qualifying offer.

Nov. 14-15: Owners meetings in Atlanta (possible future CBA discussions).

Nov. 20: Deadline for teams to add eligible minor leaguers to the 40-man roster to protect them from the Rule 5 Draft.

Spoiler!

Nov. 26-29: MLB Players Association executive board meeting in Dallas (possible future CBA discussions).

Nov. 30: Non-tender deadline.

Dec. 9-13: Winter Meetings in Las Vegas. This is typically when all offseason hell breaks loose.

Dec. 13: Rule 5 Draft (could see the Royals taking a stab here).

Jan. 11: Deadline for teams and arbitration-eligible players to submit 2019 salary figures (I believe KC has some arb-eligible players).

Feb. 1-20: Arbitration hearings. You win some, you lose some.

Mid-Feb. : SPRING TRAINING!

As usual, let's have a good off-season discussion on ways that the Royals can/should/would do to improve. I will try to update the OP as the off-season goes along. And Duncan, you're more than welcome to provide us some information that I can add onto the OP. Just let me know.

To see the 2018 Royals thread, go here.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 11:14 PM 02-26-2019
Is it possible that Bubba turns it on? Is he too old to go to play for Frost?
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 07:18 AM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by Great Expectations:
Is it possible that Bubba turns it on? Is he too old to go to play for Frost?
Brandon Weeden was 28 and playing for Oklahoma State. Bubba will be 27 by the time football season starts.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 02:18 PM 02-28-2019
Royals dodged a bullet on this one. /s

More news and deals: Phillies giving Bryce Harper a 13-year, $330 million deal, per @JeffPassan.

Can Patrick Mahomes beat it?

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) February 28, 2019

The 13-year, $330M deal for Harper will include an average annual value of $25.4M - the 14th-highest in major-league history. With no opt-outs, per @JeffPassan and others, massive commitment by #Phillies.

— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) February 28, 2019

[Reply]
ChiTown 02:24 PM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Royals dodged a bullet on this one. /s

JFC......crazy
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:55 PM 02-28-2019
I’m hoping Patrick gives the Chiefs a hometown discount.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:59 PM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I strongly dislike this Kansas City Cheapfan line of thinking.
[Reply]
ChiTown 03:52 PM 02-28-2019
LOL - dream on. He's fixin to get the largest contract in NFL history
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:18 PM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
LOL - dream on. He's fixin to get the largest contract in NFL history

Would be more advantageous for him to take less so the Chiefs can pay the others more. If winning is more important to him than money.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:53 PM 02-28-2019
I don't understand the term "hometown discount" when it comes to Mahomes. It's impossible for him to give us a hometown discount. He's not originally from KC. Or Missouri. Or Kansas. He's a Texan who appears to really love this city and is delighted to be adopted its fanbase. Maybe when he retires a Chief he'll permanently live here... or at the very least keep a house here for his frequent visits. But he's not from here. The only way he could give a team a hometown discount would be if he played for whatever football team Whitehouse, TX typically roots for.

Yeah, he could accept a contract that's not as expensive as he could make it in order to help the team build pieces around him, but that's not him saying, "Hey, this is my hometown, and for that reason, I don't need to be paid the exorbitant amount of money that I'm actually worth."
[Reply]
cosmo20002 11:36 PM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I don't understand the term "hometown discount" when it comes to Mahomes. It's impossible for him to give us a hometown discount. He's not originally from KC. Or Missouri. Or Kansas. He's a Texan who appears to really love this city and is delighted to be adopted its fanbase. Maybe when he retires a Chief he'll permanently live here... or at the very least keep a house here for his frequent visits. But he's not from here. The only way he could give a team a hometown discount would be if he played for whatever football team Whitehouse, TX typically roots for.

Yeah, he could accept a contract that's not as expensive as he could make it in order to help the team build pieces around him, but that's not him saying, "Hey, this is my hometown, and for that reason, I don't need to be paid the exorbitant amount of money that I'm actually worth."
You might be taking the word "hometown" a little to literally.
In the context at hand, it generally means the team that you already play for, particularly when it's your first/only team. You're welcome.
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:57 AM 03-01-2019
Would be more advantageous for him to take less so the Chiefs can pay the others more. If winning is more important to him than money.
There is a $200MM contract looming - question is going to be number of years.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:24 AM 03-01-2019
And let's be real, it's up to the GM and Head Coach to balance the checkbook, not on a player who's earned their hard earned money.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 10:28 AM 03-01-2019
I think you're short by about $100 million.
[Reply]
dmahurin 01:43 PM 03-01-2019
Salvy out with an elbow injury.

https://twitter.com/Royals/status/11...607163392?s=19
[Reply]
siberian khatru 01:53 PM 03-01-2019
This means Salvy will have more tread left on his tires for our postseason push in 2021.
[Reply]
Page 33 of 50
« First < 232930313233 3435363743 > Last »
Up