ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 137 of 153
« First < 3787127133134135136137 138139140141147 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
Indian Chief 02:34 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
every fucking season of rebels, clone wars or bad batch, before i start it, i'm like "ugh, cartoons, guess i'll watch this shit"

5 minutes into the first episode:

Starting with Clone Wars, the animated productions have been some of the best Star Wars we've gotten. Outside of a few exceptions, Rogue One, Mandalorian, Andor, the live action has been trash compared to the animated shows.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 11:00 AM 03-15-2023
Y'all probably shouldn't read the rest of the quoted article, because it'll probably get people here all set off, but I'm posting this for the numbers, so I need to add the link:

Originally Posted by :
Today Samba.TV released its numbers for the opening episode of The Mandalorian and they are b-a-a-a-a-d.

Disney+ ate its own seed corn when the Book of Boba Fett was bombing. Tearing off Mando’s admittedly good third-season starter and stuffing it into the Book of Boba Fett was like pouring an entire bottle of expensive perfume on a pile of shit. It wastes the perfume without making the pile smell any better. Favreau had to slap together a replacement season opener out of spare parts and abandoned scripts. It was a weak start when it needed to come out strong.

Obi-Wan Kenobi’s premier was 2.14 million unique views.

The Mandalorian third season opener was 1.5 million unique views.

This is truly dire for Disney because The Mandalorian has lost half of its audience. It only edged The Book of Boba Fett by 2%.

The Mandalorian third season opener numbers
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:38 AM 03-15-2023
Episode #3 today was an interesting change of pace from what the series has been to this point. Putting the focus on a secondary character away from the action was a risk, but it worked quite well. Was cool to see the real life ramifications of the New Republic taking over for the average Empire rank-and-file. A bit of Andor influence there, I'm sure.

Yeah, it's fun to stick with the adventures of Din Djarin/Grogu as well (although this season seems to be turning into more of Bo Katan's story), but I hope they're willing to do more of this kind of thing in the future.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:01 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Episode #3 today was an interesting change of pace from what the series has been to this point. Putting the focus on a secondary character away from the action was a risk, but it worked quite well. Was cool to see the real life ramifications of the New Republic taking over for the average Empire rank-and-file. A bit of Andor influence there, I'm sure.

Yeah, it's fun to stick with the adventures of Din Djarin/Grogu as well (although this season seems to be turning into more of Bo Katan's story), but I hope they're willing to do more of this kind of thing in the future.
I did find it interesting that this season Sackhoff is shown in the credits as a full cast member along with Pascal. Everybody else is a guest star. Seems highly likely that Bo's going to drink the old school koolaid, either because she wants to or as a means to retake leadership. I hope she doesn't end up a villain, though.
[Reply]
Jamie 01:44 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Tearing off Mando’s admittedly good third-season starter and stuffing it into the Book of Boba Fett... Favreau had to slap together a replacement season opener out of spare parts and abandoned scripts.
Has this been talked about anywhere else? Because it makes no sense and feels like this guy just made it up.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:34 PM 03-15-2023
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Buehler445 11:46 PM 03-15-2023
Man, I fucking love this show. There is so much.

Spoiler!

This shit fucking rules, fools.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 07:50 AM 03-16-2023
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:16 AM 03-16-2023
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:19 AM 03-16-2023
:-) :-)

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:22 AM 03-16-2023
HA HOLY SHIT

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:57 AM 03-16-2023
Listen to that music :-)

That just terrific on both counts.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:17 AM 03-16-2023
:-)

Thank you, LucasFilm, for giving us images for both Light side and Dark side space popsicles. pic.twitter.com/GQFyQzkasR

— Alderaan Operatives (@AlderaanOps) March 16, 2023

[Reply]
Bowser 10:40 AM 03-16-2023
Haha, nice
[Reply]
Fish 11:22 AM 03-16-2023
Apparently there's lots of online chatter that all the tie fighters are foreshadowing the return of

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Page 137 of 153
« First < 3787127133134135136137 138139140141147 > Last »
Up