ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 74 of 319
« First < 24647071727374 7576777884124174 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
kccrow 03:05 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
If we’re bringing back Sammy then we probably aren’t going to be taking a receiver until the mid rounds.

This guy is also worlds better than Robinson’s dumbass. Easy replacement for him.

If he can keep away from failed drug tests and not be a suspension waiting to happen.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:14 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
If he can keep away from failed drug tests and not be a suspension waiting to happen.
Yeah, I’m not banking on this guy figuring it out now.
[Reply]
Hoover 03:34 PM 02-15-2021
Talented, yes, but I’ll pass.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:30 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Delano:
That's fair. I didn't see many TCU games. Why did the Chiefs draft him as a guard (which is what happened IIRC)?
They didn't draft him as a guard.

Veach said they wanted to start him out on the inside and work from there. They saw him as a developmental prospect and with Fisher and Schwartz entrenched at the time, it made sense.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:25 PM 02-15-2021
Niang gave Chase Young his toughest battle in his college career. Straight from Young’s mouth and supported by tape.

All that needs said. He’s a high-end OT prospect that only got taken in round 3 because of a surgery.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:33 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Niang gave Chase Young his toughest battle in his college career. Straight from Young’s mouth and supported by tape.

All that needs said. He’s a high-end OT prospect that only got taken in round 3 because of a surgery.
I really wish we knew if they took him as Fishers eventual replacement or Schwartz.
[Reply]
Hoover 08:41 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I really wish we knew if they took him as Fishers eventual replacement or Schwartz.
Why does it even matter? I'm sure the Chiefs knew they were only going to be able to extend one of them, so they drafted a guy with upside. At this point, I'd see how he does at LT, because if he's a fit there, its like they won the lottery.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 08:58 PM 02-15-2021
I could be wrong but at the time Niang was drafted I think the plan was likely to move away from LDT after this season and slide Niang into that RG spot. After the 2021/2022 season perhaps move away from Schwartz and push Niang out to RT? We will never know obviously with the LDT opt out and Schwartz injury.
[Reply]
BossChief 09:08 PM 02-15-2021
For all the talk about how bad our offensive line was against the Bucs....

We had Fisher and Schwartz and still had blocking issues against the 49ers. So no....offensive line doesn’t solve everything.
But when the line kicked it’s blocking up a notch, we destroyed them in the 4th quarter.
[Reply]
BossChief 09:27 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Hitchens was really good this year and so was Wilson. Our LBs aren’t the weak spot anymore. We just need some that can pass defend
I think this is a false narrative, unfortunately. Hitchens was improved, but still wasn’t a good linebacker this year. I think he’s below average still and his replacement should be drafted. Soon.

That’s coming from a Hawkeye fan that advocated for signing Hitchens before he was a free agent leaving Dallas.
They redid Schwartz’ deal a couple times the last few years for short term extensions. I think they knew his back was beginning to have problems and so did Mitchell. I won’t be surprised if he drops a bunch of weight after he retires to help the back issues.

The team has never not showed full commitment to Eric Fisher up till this point, but this injury and his age may cheange that. We’ll see. A smart long term move would be to draft a center and an OT early in the draft to give Pat a STUD OL he can work behind to lessen the amounts of hits he takes.

They will add up and he’s already fought through a few injuries we got lucky on. If they spent a 2+3 on the OL, this has a chance to be a special OL.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:40 PM 02-15-2021
They have no business drafting LB's for anything other than depth. Hitchens is just fine for what this team needs.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:42 PM 02-15-2021
They're not going to draft a center and a tackle high, especially not with Fisher's situation.

You'll probably see one or the other but not both.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:49 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They have no business drafting LB's for anything other than depth. Hitchens is just fine for what this team needs.
Agreed. I’m sure we’ll take one for depth and STs. If a first round talent falls to us and is the BPA, then I’d be all for it though.

Absolutely no need to reach for one.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:50 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Agreed. I’m sure we’ll take one for depth and STs. If a first round talent falls to us and is the BPA, then I’d be all for it though.

Absolutely no need to reach for one.
Very few LB's are ever first round talents, even the ones taken in the first round.

It's just not worth the draft capital unless you're in the top 10-15 and getting a rare prospect.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:51 PM 02-15-2021
Petro was talking today about the Chiefs flipping a mid round pick for Ertz. I didn’t hear the whole conversation, so I’m not sure if there is any smoke or just throwing ideas out.
[Reply]
Page 74 of 319
« First < 24647071727374 7576777884124174 > Last »
Up