ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 10
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2019-2020 Missouri Tigers Basketball Thread***
OKchiefs 09:16 PM 11-26-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
People on here seem to have no concept that rebuilding program takes 3-5 years. I always get shit for it in the college football thread same can apply to your basketball team. Martin did a very good job his first year, other theb tonight they've been pretty competitive. That's all you can really ask for this year.
Well this is year 3 and they're showing zero growth, both individually and as a team. Oh, and the recruiting is the worst in the SEC.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:33 PM 11-26-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Well this is year 3 and they're showing zero growth, both individually and as a team. Oh, and the recruiting is the worst in the SEC.
They've been pretty competitive hard to judge a team building playing night 2 early in the season. Tired legs and all.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:47 PM 11-26-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
People on here seem to have no concept that rebuilding program takes 3-5 years. I always get shit for it in the college football thread same can apply to your basketball team. Martin did a very good job his first year, other theb tonight they've been pretty competitive. That's all you can really ask for this year.
Not when you’re paying a guy top 20 salary, which they are. This isn’t football. They shouldn’t be struggling to be a bubble team. And the recruiting has careened downhill since year 1.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:12 PM 11-26-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Not when you’re paying a guy top 20 salary, which they are. This isn’t football. They shouldn’t be struggling to be a bubble team. And the recruiting has careened downhill since year 1.
Its early but they've been competitive. You look for positives like that and go into year 4 with high expectations. If the record doesnt reflect that then you should start to question.

It's not viable to can him this year and expect to find a competent coach that will come to your program and get you where you need to go.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 05:41 AM 11-27-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Cuonzo’s recruiting style doesn’t rely on having a roster filled with multiple one and dones.

Give him time. He’s a good recruiter and he is what he is at this point, a clean, above average coach who will have a consistent floor(tournament with NITs) and a relatively low ceiling. There’s nothing wrong with that but to act as if he’s anything else at this point is misjudging what his track record is as well as what the program aspires to do. If Mizzou wanted to change those expectations, they should have hired a different coach or have Cuonzo significantly change his recruiting style.

And basketball is like football in that it takes time, unless you recruit one and dones to fill the majority of your roster.
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:42 PM 11-26-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Yep, this team is pathetic. Mizzou Athletics are an embarrassment to the state.
You're such a pussy. You bitch and moan in every thread you post in. You and Penbrook need a suicide pact.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:14 PM 11-26-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
You're such a pussy. You bitch and moan in every thread you post in. You and Penbrook need a suicide pact.
Pot, meet kettle
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:53 AM 01-08-2020
7 min till tip

Mizzou Arena is jumpin tonight pic.twitter.com/gtBQ7hSHoZ

— B Turn (@bturner23) January 8, 2020

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:14 AM 01-08-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
7 min till tip

I was at the game; it was about 2/3 full by tip.

The student section was essentially empty but that's not surprising as school hasn't started back up yet so they're not in town.

Disappointing game - just could not buy a bucket. Pinson was just an Nth off all night; had 2 three pointers halfway down that rimmed out and a couple bunnies that he did a great job driving to create that he also just ticked off the rim. Mark Smith was as passive as I've ever seen him; wasn't looking for his shot and wasn't terribly active on defense. Was glad to see Jackson looking for ways to get involved and happy to see McKinney get some early run even if he's clearly not ready yet.

They did some good things last night but they just couldn't shoot. And unfortunately, TN started drilling 3s late to pull ahead. Now that doesn't say anything about the 3 or 4 WIDE OPEN three balls they hit earlier in the game when the D was just not closing out on shooters, but some of those shots TN hit late were tough, contested balls that TN doesn't usually hit and last night they did.

And not to go Full Pete or anything, but I still do not understand how Mizzou can't get calls at home. I swear they get better officiating on the road than they do at Mizzou Arena. And last night it was ONE FUCKING GUY. Shorter black dude with the shaved head was getting all up in his emotions anytime he got to blow a whistle on Mizzou. The other 2 weren't generally boning us but holy shit, there were at least 4 questionable calls last night that the one official emphatically called against Mizzou and it really bogged things down in the middle of that game (when Mizzou held a lead with about 5 left to play, IIRC).

It's hard to watch this team continue to regress offensively and believe Martin's a long-term answer. I REALLY like the guy, but this is a stone-aged offense. I'm a relatively informed basketball fan but have never played it at an organized level. When I can see the difference between the system Barnes is running and the one Martin is running, that's a pretty big problem. Someone who hasn't played organized basketball shouldn't be able to watch those two squads and realize "Damn, they're just far more creative on offense..."

They can't fire Cuonzo until 2021, but I have to believe they can get him an assistant that can do something about the offensive efficiency.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 07:46 AM 11-27-2019
Hard to get top talent to go to schools that are not really known as a Basketball School.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:48 AM 11-27-2019
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
Hard to get top talent to go to schools that are not really known as a Basketball School.

Erroneous.
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 02:34 PM 11-27-2019
Tilmon seems to be a turnover machine (16 so far this year) along with his stupid fouls. Sometimes he flashes but I also think sometimes the team plays better when he is not in.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:10 PM 12-03-2019
Holy fucking shit. This team is terrible.
[Reply]
Jerm 09:12 PM 12-03-2019
I know Martin's contract is protected (which is idiotic)...luckily for him though or Sterk could be conducting 2 searches.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 11:23 PM 12-03-2019

The lowest-ranked KenPom teams to beat Missouri at Mizzou Arena (ratings at the time of the game)
19-20: Charleston Southern, No. 313
14-15: UMKC, 286
16-17: Eastern Illinois, 247
16-17: Lipscomb, 235
05-06: Sam Houston State, 182

— Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) December 4, 2019

[Reply]
Page 4 of 10
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up