ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 158 of 295
« First < 58108148154155156157158 159160161162168208258 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
dirk digler 02:22 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Did he do anything there that McKinnon couldn't, though?

He just leaked out, caught a simple swing pass and ran to the boundary. It was easy money.

Yes, it's how I'd like to see him utilized more, but it's also nothing that can establish him as a genuine asset any more than some street FA backup RB like McKinnon could be. And they still don't seem to trust him much in pass pro so he's coming out on some of the 3rd down plays where that kind of skill can be used more frequently.
No. If that was Mckinnon he would have gotten alot more yds probably. We really need to get him in the game and get the ball to him.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:29 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Or you know, why you don't draft running backs in the first god damn round.

You could say that about any position not living up to expectations, but this is player specific and not an obtuse generalization
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:34 PM 09-13-2021
He's literally played 14 games in the NFL, 13 last season before he suffered what looked like a catastrophic injury/injuries to his hip/ankle? And just one this season, behind a completely new OL?

Think some of us need to take a little chill pill.
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:35 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Or you know, why you don't draft running backs in the first god damn round.
Well CEH is showing us that great RBs do make a difference and maybe aren't a dime a dozen after all.

The main argument against drafting them in the first round seems to be that you can always pick up a near-elite RB. It felt like that for a long time with the Chiefs. But now we're back in the Donnell Bennett dark ages.

I want to see what Derrick Gore can do. He may not have elite measurables but he sure has vision and instincts.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 02:36 PM 09-13-2021
Dude,

People need to calm down, and understand running out of shotgun doesn't always work.

I'd love to actually do PA this year, real play action.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:38 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
He's literally played 14 games in the NFL, 13 last season before he suffered what looked like a catastrophic injury/injuries to his hip/ankle? And just one this season, behind a completely new OL?

Think some of us need to take a little chill pill.
Much like the Orlando Brown conversation, the issue has nothing to do with continuity or longevity.

I don't care how many games he has or hasn't played or how new the OL is.

A hole is a hole. Can you fucking hit it hard and fast or not?

And yeah, im a guy who was FIRMLY in the CEH corner before he was drafted. But he didn't run like this in college.

My best guess is that he's thinking too damn much.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 02:41 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:

That’s the one that was really complained about in the game thread. Every single Browns player is being blocked or has someone that’s going to block them. That should be an easy first down run and more.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:41 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Dude,

People need to calm down, and understand running out of shotgun doesn't always work.

I'd love to actually do PA this year, real play action.
But that was the thing about CEH - his background in the LSU offense and his vision in that system seemed 100% tailored to this offense. He seemed lab-built to run out of the shotgun His fit to what we do is what made him an intriguing pick.

We had this argument on CEH vs. Taylor. I remember thinking Taylor's a better pure runner than CEH but CEH is a better fit for this team and this offense precisely because he's so well suited for the shotgun run game.

The problem is that we're not seeing his skills translate to this offense the way we thought they would and at a point that becomes a concern. I think we can acknowledge that he's not the most physically gifted RB around and so he's gotta be a specific scheme fit to be an asset here.

Thus far it's fair to wonder if he is.
[Reply]
O.city 02:42 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Well CEH is showing us that great RBs do make a difference and maybe aren't a dime a dozen after all.

The main argument against drafting them in the first round seems to be that you can always pick up a near-elite RB. It felt like that for a long time with the Chiefs. But now we're back in the Donnell Bennett dark ages.

I want to see what Derrick Gore can do. He may not have elite measurables but he sure has vision and instincts.
Literally every year in the league, there are 3rd or 4th round rbs that play well.

Pick them there. Or later.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:42 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
That’s the one that was really complained about in the game thread. Every single Browns player is being blocked or has someone that’s going to block them. That should be an easy first down run and more.
Yeah, the film room is going to be rough there. I assumed he’s still not 100%, but he’s got to be better.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:43 PM 09-13-2021
I also wonder if he doesn't believe in himself. As in, he doesn't believe he has the speed to switch running lanes and pop those off on the outside.

Like a QB with a weak arm that refuses to throw into tight windows because he's afraid he doesn't have the control or power.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 02:44 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
It happened last year too. Mentioned it then. But you know...ole contrarian me.

Yeah it was a problem last year as well. This isn’t new and I’m not all that convinced that just giving him time will solve anything.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:45 PM 09-13-2021
In college he'd have pushed the line to get that safety to hesitate a little while the OL climbs and locks him up (which may be what he's trying to do there and why he's flat footed - he's wanting the second level to hesitate). It looks like Creed splitting that gap there and with the safety hesitating, he's probably about to get sealed off.

Then he angles left, and sets up a block from the WR before he cuts back middle for a big gain.

He just seemed to vapor-lock mid-run. But that thing was blocked up perfectly.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:45 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
But that was the thing about CEH - his background in the LSU offense and his vision in that system seemed 100% tailored to this offense. He seemed lab-built to run out of the shotgun His fit to what we do is what made him an intriguing pick.

We had this argument on CEH vs. Taylor. I remember thinking Taylor's a better pure runner than CEH but CEH is a better fit for this team and this offense precisely because he's so well suited for the shotgun run game.

The problem is that we're not seeing his skills translate to this offense the way we thought they would and at a point that becomes a concern. I think we can acknowledge that he's not the most physically gifted RB around and so he's gotta be a specific scheme fit to be an asset here.

Thus far it's fair to wonder if he is.
Yup. I thought he’d be the perfect fit due to his quickness and vision. Haven’t really seen it outside of a few runs.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:47 PM 09-13-2021
Yeah it was a problem last year as well. This isn’t new and I’m not all that convinced that just giving him time will solve anything.
RB just isn't one of those positions that takes 3 years to develop. They pretty much show what they got right away and that's that. We're not talking about a 5-tech DE, a NT, LT or a QB.

Which is why he's drawing the attention from fans that he is.
[Reply]
Page 158 of 295
« First < 58108148154155156157158 159160161162168208258 > Last »
Up