ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 45 of 149
« First < 354142434445 464748495595145 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2020 Royals Official Offseason/Season Repository
Al Bundy 09:13 AM 01-04-2020
Players start reporting Feb 12th.
New Ownership.
Spring training games begin Feb 20th against the Rangers.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 07:04 PM 06-17-2020
Originally Posted by kstater:
What are we gonna do without all the extra strategy?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think there's a bunch of dudes who have made their game making the most out of intentional walks to get to the pitcher's spot might need to be spending more time in the cage.
[Reply]
bringbackmarty 09:31 PM 06-17-2020
Not saying we will tank although the ideas got merit, especially if the first 15 games go poorly. I think Dayton isn't going to go that route unless were sitting at 1-14, then he and Mike might decide to get the young guys up that are close to ready and I don't know what the trade rules are. They might move guys if that's allowed which it should be.
I actually think we might have a shot at the playoffs because it's such a weird season, it's not going to be good baseball, a lot of sloppy defense I bet and poor hitting to start. Some top guys may sit it out for various reasons, virus, getting injured in a bullshit season etc. We have a young team and young people are more physically resilient, prone to optimism that flies in the face of logic as well as bright flashes of brilliance. a .500 team might win the division and once you're in you just got to get hot.
Do I think this will happen, no but I'd take a playoff game or series with a few prospects on the roster than the 1.1 next year.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 10:36 PM 06-17-2020

����️SIGNING ALERT ��️��

Matt the Bat (@MattSchmidt77 ) is joining the Kansas City @Royals !

Congratulations Schmidtty!#GoBlue #ProBlue #BlueCrew pic.twitter.com/RTH5VFMOek

— Michigan Baseball (@umichbaseball) June 18, 2020

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:30 AM 06-18-2020
Originally Posted by bringbackmarty:
Not saying we will tank although the ideas got merit, especially if the first 15 games go poorly. I think Dayton isn't going to go that route unless were sitting at 1-14, then he and Mike might decide to get the young guys up that are close to ready and I don't know what the trade rules are. They might move guys if that's allowed which it should be.
I actually think we might have a shot at the playoffs because it's such a weird season, it's not going to be good baseball, a lot of sloppy defense I bet and poor hitting to start. Some top guys may sit it out for various reasons, virus, getting injured in a bullshit season etc. We have a young team and young people are more physically resilient, prone to optimism that flies in the face of logic as well as bright flashes of brilliance. a .500 team might win the division and once you're in you just got to get hot.
Do I think this will happen, no but I'd take a playoff game or series with a few prospects on the roster than the 1.1 next year.

Kumar Rocker is good enough to be a damn nice consolation prize if the Royals end up being awful, though it’s going to be awfully hard to be worse than the Orioles who 1) will actively try to tank; 2) are in a much stronger division.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:15 AM 06-18-2020
I’m all for tanking this season. It’s a lost season anyway & the reward is greatness.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:17 AM 06-18-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Mandating the DH permanently because of the circumstances is bullshit, IMHO.

Personally, I don't care for the idea of pitchers hitting because the tenet of the argument why they should is that there should be no specialization in baseball is bullshit too. There's already specialization in baseball where only a handful of guys are truly capable of playing every non-pitching position with defensive competency expected of a major league caliber player and there's already the expectation one or two starters will be offensive liabilities but are too important defensively not to play.

But for over a hundred years almost half of the franchises in the MLB have played without the DH and it doesn't feel right that the BeerVirus forces the rule change upon them.

About time the NL join the rest of the world.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:33 AM 06-18-2020
I mean, now all we have to watch Mike Matheny fuck up is everything not related to pinch hitting for the pitcher.

So, that’s not much, just:
Player management
When to pull a starter
Bullpen usage
Lineup construction
Letting players be relaxed

Ah, shit...

I had almost forgotten they hired that dumbfuck, until I saw someone talk about “Dayton and Mike.” Took me a few minutes to remember who “Mike” was.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:05 AM 06-18-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I mean, now all we have to watch Mike Matheny fuck up is everything not related to pinch hitting for the pitcher.

Player management
When to pull a starter
Bullpen usage
Lineup construction

Ah, shit...

I had almost forgotten they hired that dumbfuck, until I saw someone talk about “Dayton and Mike.” Took me a few minutes to remember who “Mike” was.
This is why I laugh hard at the idea the Royals can sneak into the playoffs with a short season...right.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 08:30 AM 06-18-2020
Thanks... thanks for ruining the possibility of baseball for me.

Fucking Mike Matheny.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:24 AM 06-18-2020

Player management
When to pull a starter
Bullpen usage
Lineup construction

Ah, shit...

Tell us how you really feel. :-)
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:28 AM 06-18-2020
Originally Posted by bringbackmarty:

I actually think we might have a shot at the playoffs because it's such a weird season.
https://youtu.be/U7fjDS0jKiE
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:29 AM 06-18-2020
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
Thanks... thanks for ruining the possibility of baseball for me.

Fucking Mike Matheny.

We need to tank this season so having Matheny is a bonus.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:35 AM 06-18-2020

Player management
When to pull a starter
Bullpen usage
Lineup construction

Ah, shit...

It's truly the only thing I look forward to this year...

I still cannot fucking believe how much talent he squandered here. And remember - if that POS doesn't butcher the 2014 NLCS as badly as he does, Oscar Taveras isn't dead in the Dominican a week later.

So hey - if you're lucky he won't KILL the best position prospect your system produced in the last 20 years...

(Yes, I know this is irrational, but I still blame Jon Baker for Derrick Thomas's death so I can damn sure blame Matheny for Oscar. KEEP THE KICKOFF INBOUND BAKER, YOU STUPID ASS!!!)
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:26 AM 06-18-2020
I get it.

I’m to blame for Taveras, though.

I had him. And Jose Fernandez. And Nick Adenhart. All on the same dynasty team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:38 AM 06-18-2020
I get it.

I’m to blame for Taveras, though.

I had him. And Jose Fernandez. And Nick Adenhart. All on the same dynasty team.
I had ALL the Jose stock. And friggen loved that kid - amazing pitcher, hilarious guy and just everything you want to see in the game.

That one hurt far more than Taveras, even as a Cardinals fan.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug...
[Reply]
Page 45 of 149
« First < 354142434445 464748495595145 > Last »
Up