ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 53 of 68
« First < 3434950515253 5455565763 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Photo Geek Thread: Photos You Take - Post Them Up!
|Zach| 02:02 AM 01-18-2010
Interesting places or people? Randomness? Post it here.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 07:53 PM 11-22-2014
Couple off of my phone
Attached: 20141023_175456.jpg (137.4 KB) 20141016_183626.jpg (37.4 KB) 
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 07:55 PM 11-22-2014
What is a good camera to start taking pictures with..I would like to get into taking more pictures and have a good camera..but I know absolutely nothing about it..any advice
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 07:57 PM 11-22-2014
Sun setting over new Mexico yesterday.
Attached: uploadfromtaptalk1416707779519.jpg (37.9 KB) 
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:59 PM 11-22-2014
Originally Posted by mac459:
What is a good camera to start taking pictures with..I would like to get into taking more pictures and have a good camera..but I know absolutely nothing about it..any advice

I just saw one of the major retailers doing a Revel T5i on Black Friday sales...

Id look at the Canon Rebel line, but I'm a Canon man. Stick to Canon or Nikon SLRs and you'll be in a good place.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:09 PM 11-22-2014
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Would appreciate any constructive criticism.

Man, that tiger is awesome. Maybe it's just me, but I think if you'd have gotten the screw in a little better focus it'd have tied it together better.

Good pics though. Seriously.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:18 PM 11-22-2014
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Man, that tiger is awesome. Maybe it's just me, but I think if you'd have gotten the screw in a little better focus it'd have tied it together better.

Good pics though. Seriously.

Thanks.

Yeah, I mistakenly focused more on the post... :-/ I still dig the pic though.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 08:19 PM 11-22-2014
I just saw one of the major retailers doing a Revel T5i on Black Friday sales...

Id look at the Canon Rebel line, but I'm a Canon man. Stick to Canon or Nikon SLRs and you'll be in a good place.
Thank you for the advice..I have always liked Nikon..but I will look into Canon too..if I am taking wildlife/nature pictures is there anything I need to know about
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:26 PM 11-22-2014
Originally Posted by mac459:
Thank you for the advice..I have always liked Nikon..but I will look into Canon too..if I am taking wildlife/nature pictures is there anything I need to know about

Long lenses are a must. Crop sensors are friends for wildlife photographers. And you get what you pay for in glass.
[Reply]
ghak99 08:30 PM 11-22-2014
I'd cool the green in the background down some as it catches my eye too easily.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:33 PM 11-22-2014
Originally Posted by ghak99:
I'd cool the green in the background down some as it catches my eye too easily.

What do you mean?
[Reply]
ghak99 08:55 PM 11-22-2014
What do you mean?
It's personal taste, but my eyes bounce between the eyes and nose. When they hit the nose the green in the background, I believe it's grass, tries to nab my attention. The blown out white to the left of his hip is distracting as well but it's far enough away it is less distracting.

It's a great photo and it's nit picking, but if I'm going to hang it in my house and look at it all the time I have to eliminate the distractions or I'll notice them every time I walk by it.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 09:00 PM 11-22-2014
It's personal taste, but my eyes bounce between the eyes and nose. When they hit the nose the green in the background, I believe it's grass, tries to nab my attention. The blown out white to the left of his hip is distracting as well but it's far enough away it is less distracting.

It's a great photo and it's nit picking, but if I'm going to hang it in my house and look at it all the time I have to eliminate the distractions or I'll notice them every time I walk by it.

Interesting observations. I'll play some in Lightroom.

The blown out white is a small pool of water. I should be able to bring that down some.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:49 PM 11-22-2014

Interesting observations. I'll play some in Lightroom.

The blown out white is a small pool of water. I should be able to bring that down some.
From an emotional, rather than purely aesthetic, standpoint. the strip of green in the background warms the shot by hinting that the tiger is living in verdant surroundings.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:50 AM 11-23-2014
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Love the black and white. Frame it...

The tiger is awesome too. Would dodge the foreground grass a touch before printing..
So you think dodge the grass to lighten it up?
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:18 AM 11-23-2014
One more from yesterday.

[Reply]
Page 53 of 68
« First < 3434950515253 5455565763 > Last »
Up