ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 107 of 791
« First < 75797103104105106107 108109110111117157207607 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:27 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
He changed his mind.
Of course he did after seeing him play.

The original quote was about players in the draft. Bucky Brooks is nearly ALWAYS wrong about the draft. He's terrible.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:28 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
So you dug around and cherry-picked one quote... and that makes Brooks an idiot? I don't think so.
I could find dozens more.

Bucky Brooks is one of the worst draft analysts out there. Mel Kiper is better than Brooks.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:32 PM 03-04-2019
Not locked in on anything. Specifically said there were 3 CBs worth picking in the first. Already said I'd be happy with a safety IF one of those three corners aren't attainable.

So you dug around and cherry-picked one quote... and that makes Brooks an idiot? I don't think so. Based on the time and place that sentiment was expressed, it was apt. A lot of scouts and NFL personnel folks questioned Mahomes at the next level. That was before he got to sit a year behind A.S. and get coached by one of the NFL's best QB whisperers. THANK GOD VEACH WASN'T ONE OF THEM!!! Here is another quote from the idiot Brooks:

"The reigning NFL MVP is revolutionizing the game as a gunslinger with A+ arm talent, athleticism and improvisational skills," wrote Brooks. "Mahomes has expanded the playbook for one of the best play designers in football, creating headaches for defensive coordinators around the league."

If it were true that many questioned Mahomes at the next level why did the Chiefs have to trade up 17 spots to get him? He was a top 15 pick easily.
[Reply]
ChiefoftheKeyboard 11:41 PM 03-04-2019
Not locked in on anything. Specifically said there were 3 CBs worth picking in the first. Already said I'd be happy with a safety IF one of those three corners aren't attainable.

So you dug around and cherry-picked one quote... and that makes Brooks an idiot? I don't think so. Based on the time and place that sentiment was expressed, it was apt. A lot of scouts and NFL personnel folks questioned Mahomes at the next level. That was before he got to sit a year behind A.S. and get coached by one of the NFL's best QB whisperers. THANK GOD VEACH WASN'T ONE OF THEM!!! Here is another quote from the idiot Brooks:

"The reigning NFL MVP is revolutionizing the game as a gunslinger with A+ arm talent, athleticism and improvisational skills," wrote Brooks. "Mahomes has expanded the playbook for one of the best play designers in football, creating headaches for defensive coordinators around the league."

That quote says the MVP is good which anyone could and should say. Why does that impress you? Lol. It’s the fact that it took him so long to realize. In all fairness tho most draft media is retarded and thought the same. That’s why it took the media up until only a month before the draft to realize mahomes wasn’t gonna fall to the 3rd rd like ppl thought initially.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:45 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Well, what I'm getting at is this:

I think it was widely assumed by most that a CB would be the prime target in the draft and that in order to get a good one, we may have had to trade up by a larger jump than most would have wanted. So if they're coming down and we want one, how can this be anything other than great?

Reid already did mention something to the effect that the rush was going to be coming from the middle instead of the edge. Now whether that was strategy or philosophy I can't remember. But I'm pretty sure he meant that in a philosophical way.
Other than Greedy, most of the CBs were already guys that would likely go in the 20's. A guy like Baker was already likely to be there at 29. If they slide, he's going to slide into a place where we could trade down, still take him, AND get more picks.

If they trade up to get a guy like Baker, they're making a mistake IMO. He's a high floor guy for sure but his ceiling isn't what several of the other guys' are.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:48 PM 03-04-2019
And for the record, I'm thinking about it in terms of value.

This class appears to be REALLY deep in front 7 guys. If somebody falls because some team goes off-script, like a guy that might have been a top 20 pick, you're getting a lot more value for your pick by taking that guy.

It's not just about finding starters, it's about finding stars.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:57 PM 03-04-2019
Got cha'.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:55 AM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Also seems to have very good instincts against the run.
also see Jaylon Ferguson.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 03:54 AM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by tredadda:
If it were true that many questioned Mahomes at the next level why did the Chiefs have to trade up 17 spots to get him? He was a top 15 pick easily.
Mult? The Chiefs did what they thought they had to do. We know that the Bears moved up to get Trubisky, not Mahomes. The Chiefs were concerned about 2 teams: NO & AZ. Not the other 29 teams. Much of the draft analysis prior to the draft did not have Mahomes in the top 15. Teams did start warming up to him after personal pre-draft visits. But many questioned his transition to the NFL. Do you not remember all the talk of "Air Raid" QBs & their lack of success in the NFL?
[Reply]
T-post Tom 04:07 AM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefoftheKeyboard:
That quote says the MVP is good which anyone could and should say. Why does that impress you? Lol. It’s the fact that it took him so long to realize. In all fairness tho most draft media is retarded and thought the same. That’s why it took the media up until only a month before the draft to realize mahomes wasn’t gonna fall to the 3rd rd like ppl thought initially.
Draft is a crap shoot. There aren't many sure things. It's easy to be a Monday morning GM & cherry-pick someone else's prediction. Never said I was impressed with anything. Just pointing that Brooks isn't an idiot & that he gets things right too. Probably more right than wrong. But some will skew history/facts to validate their position.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 04:24 AM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
And for the record, I'm thinking about it in terms of value.

This class appears to be REALLY deep in front 7 guys. If somebody falls because some team goes off-script, like a guy that might have been a top 20 pick, you're getting a lot more value for your pick by taking that guy.

It's not just about finding starters, it's about finding stars.
Finding stars? At any draft position, let alone @ #29!? You'd be the richest GM in the NFL if you could bottle that. Draft is a crap shoot. A legit starting CB is a premium position and stark need for the Chiefs. Find that guy at #29 and you are a rockstar. QBs are getting the ball out faster & faster. How many times did Brady get sacked in the AFCCG? How many passing first downs & TDs did the Chiefs secondary give up last season? Chiefs led the league in sacks and STILL had the 31st ranked defense. Slim pickens in CB FAs. Trading for one will cost the moon. Top 3 in the draft is your best shot at getting a legit starter. There are no guarantees, but do we want another Scandrick or Marcus Cooper? Not me.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 09:06 AM 03-05-2019
How much $$$ available after cutting Houston & Berry, plus Trading Ford for a high 2nd round pick?

~$30m???

How to spend? How to draft to fill holes?
[Reply]
O.city 09:07 AM 03-05-2019
Probably closer to 40.
[Reply]
New World Order 09:08 AM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
How much $$$ available after cutting Houston & Berry, plus Trading Ford for a high 2nd round pick?

~$30m???

How to spend? How to draft to fill holes?
Ford's cap hit would be 15. Houston's is 14 after accounting for dead money.

About 30, yes.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 09:10 AM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Probably closer to 40.
Does that include draft picks and signing some lesser roles?
[Reply]
Page 107 of 791
« First < 75797103104105106107 108109110111117157207607 > Last »
Up