ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 101
« First < 3910111213 141516172363 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2018-19 NHL Season Thread***
Gadzooks 02:44 PM 10-03-2018
The puck drops tonight!!!

Originally Posted by DaFace:
Join My League in the 2019 NHL Bracket Contest!

1. Create a bracket here:
https://cliambrown.com/bracket2019/
2. Copy your secret edit link, and then paste it here:
https://cliambrown.com/bracket2019/league/join/c7vjprb3

You can check out the league members & results here:
https://cliambrown.com/bracket2019/league/r4sb7

[Reply]
DaFace 07:34 PM 04-15-2019
Ready to rock.
[Reply]
Shoes 08:32 PM 04-15-2019
Just grabbed two last-minute tickets for the game. This'll be fun :-)
Have a good time! Hot start for the good guys, 1-0 with MacKinnon on the PP.
[Reply]
Shoes 08:49 PM 04-15-2019
Makar with his first!
[Reply]
DaFace 08:58 PM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by Shoes:
Makar with his first!
So much for protecting him. He's been fantastic at both ends. What a start!
[Reply]
Al Bundy 09:06 PM 04-15-2019
My 2 finals teams are going to be exiting in the first round.. yikes.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:35 PM 04-15-2019
Well, that was fun. It's gonna be REALLY hard for them to match that intensity next game, so hopefully they can dig deep and keep showing Calgary what they're made of.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:29 AM 04-16-2019
Ready to rock.
:-)
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 07:18 AM 04-16-2019
Cale Makar will play for the Avs tonight. Sam Girard is out.

What a crazy week it must be for Makar. (Gets his team to the NCAA national championship, wins the Hobey Baker award, and starts his first NHL game...in the playoffs against his childhood team.)
I'm kinda surprised they are played him. Now they have to protect him in the expansion draft.

Good win last night, BTW.
[Reply]
Shoes 08:45 AM 04-16-2019
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
I'm kinda surprised they are played him. Now they have to protect him in the expansion draft.

Good win last night, BTW.
The expansion draft to my understanding for Seattle is in the year 2021-2022. All first and second year players are exempt, but Makar would have undoubtedly played next season and the year after (2019-20, 2020-2021) making 2021-2022 his third year.

I don't think he would be exempt either way.

On Makar though- what a debut. His skating is just at another level, I don't think you can take him out of the lineup now. What a weapon to have on your third pairing.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 09:03 AM 04-16-2019
Originally Posted by Shoes:
The expansion draft to my understanding for Seattle is in the year 2021-2022. All first and second year players are exempt, but Makar would have undoubtedly played next season and the year after (2019-20, 2020-2021) making 2021-2022 his third year.

I don't think he would be exempt either way.

On Makar though- what a debut. His skating is just at another level, I don't think you can take him out of the lineup now. What a weapon to have on your third pairing.
*shrug*

Just going off of something I read on Sportsnet Twitter a few days ago.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:31 AM 04-16-2019
I'm certainly no expert, but from what I understand they DID burn a year of his ELC and a year that he would have been protected from the expansion draft by activating him now.

That said, I think it's a bit overblown in terms of how much it matters. He's clearly a guy they're hoping will be a key cog in the future, so they'll ideally get him locked up early. (In fact, I've read some analysis that suggests that burning a year of his ELC will help the team get a better long-term deal since there will be less of a track record for his agent to use in bargaining.)

As for exposing him to the expansion draft, the key thing to keep in mind is that it's less about exposing HIM as it is exposing an extra PLAYER. There's no way they'd actually expose Makar himself, but protecting him might force them to expose another player like Girard or Barrie. Even so, if Makar is as good as we hope he is, we won't care about them near as much.

Anyway, I'm not an expert, but that's the gist of what the talking heads are saying around here about it. And regardless, if he hopes us win a playoff series or two this year, it'll be well worth it.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 10:04 AM 04-16-2019
I'm certainly no expert, but from what I understand they DID burn a year of his ELC and a year that he would have been protected from the expansion draft by activating him now.

That said, I think it's a bit overblown in terms of how much it matters. He's clearly a guy they're hoping will be a key cog in the future, so they'll ideally get him locked up early. (In fact, I've read some analysis that suggests that burning a year of his ELC will help the team get a better long-term deal since there will be less of a track record for his agent to use in bargaining.)

As for exposing him to the expansion draft, the key thing to keep in mind is that it's less about exposing HIM as it is exposing an extra PLAYER. There's no way they'd actually expose Makar himself, but protecting him might force them to expose another player like Girard or Barrie. Even so, if Makar is as good as we hope he is, we won't care about them near as much.

Anyway, I'm not an expert, but that's the gist of what the talking heads are saying around here about it. And regardless, if he hopes us win a playoff series or two this year, it'll be well worth it.
Bingo.
[Reply]
Shoes 10:39 AM 04-16-2019
You guys are correct- I misinterpreted the rule. In 2021-22 Makar would be off his entry level contract and therefore be eligible for the expansion draft. My bad.
[Reply]
DaFace 06:23 PM 04-16-2019
CBJ's up 3-1 on the Lightning in the 2nd. What an epic collapse by the Lightning.
[Reply]
Otter 06:31 PM 04-16-2019
CBJ's up 3-1 on the Lightning in the 2nd. What an epic collapse by the Lightning.
Yeah, it's not looking good for Tampa Bay. I'm not sure if the Blue Jackets are hungrier or TB is collapsing but it's about 9 minutes left in the 3rd as of this post.

Not looking promising. Wow, this game is fantastic!
[Reply]
Page 13 of 101
« First < 3910111213 141516172363 > Last »
Up