ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 162
« First < 289101112 131415162262112 > Last »
The Lounge>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.


Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?



Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
notorious 10:45 PM 12-16-2015
http://www.centerfiresystems.com/rifles-ak.aspx
[Reply]
dred 10:49 PM 12-16-2015
Nice link, notorious.

The AK63D AK-47 Underfolder with Milled Receiver is one sexy beast.
[Reply]
Lzen 01:58 PM 12-17-2015
Don't want this to turn into a political debate but I thought it was good info. This seems like as good a place as any to post this.


[Reply]
Lzen 03:35 PM 12-22-2015
FYI

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...a4d_story.html
[Reply]
mac459 06:11 PM 12-22-2015
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/m...5acp_5_package


http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/m...ed_8+1_45acp_5


So I just broke down and ordered these..girlfriend came home asking where the money in the savings went


[Reply]
Munson 06:37 PM 12-22-2015
Originally Posted by mac459:
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/m...5acp_5_package


http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/m...ed_8+1_45acp_5


So I just broke down and ordered these..girlfriend came home asking where the money in the savings went

The Springfield Mil-Spec is a nice gun. I used to have one, but sold it a few months ago. Probably should've kept it. I don't have any experience with the Remington 1911's.

Are you aware of the Remington and Springfield rebates going on right now?
[Reply]
mac459 06:40 PM 12-22-2015
Originally Posted by Munson:
The Springfield Mil-Spec is a nice gun. I used to have one, but sold it a few months ago. Probably should've kept it. I don't have any experience with the Remington 1911's.

Are you aware of the Remington and Springfield rebates going on right now?
Yeah someone said something about they had mail in rebates..I haven't looked into it yet but since you reminded me I am going to do that
[Reply]
Sensual Lardass 06:44 PM 12-22-2015
Originally Posted by Munson:
The Springfield Mil-Spec is a nice gun. I used to have one, but sold it a few months ago. Probably should've kept it. I don't have any experience with the Remington 1911's.

Are you aware of the Remington and Springfield rebates going on right now?

That Mil-Spec is a great gun to start with when you are building something custom. Remington 1911's are decent guns for the money. Ruger makes a good one as well. I have a buddy in Alaska who killed 5 or 6 deer with his last year.
[Reply]
BDj23 07:40 PM 12-22-2015
So, I kinda have new gun fever. I have about $1000 saved up so far to put toward a new hand gun. Any advice at all is appreciated, the only criteria I i want met are:

Full frame
9mm
15+ capacity
Threaded barrel

So far I like the HK USP tactical and the Beretta m9a3. Anyone familiar with either of them?
[Reply]
mac459 08:12 PM 12-22-2015
Originally Posted by BDj23:
So, I kinda have new gun fever. I have about $1000 saved up so far to put toward a new hand gun. Any advice at all is appreciated, the only criteria I i want met are:

Full frame
9mm
15+ capacity
Threaded barrel

So far I like the HK USP tactical and the Beretta m9a3. Anyone familiar with either of them?
I love H&K pistols..reliable, good shooting, like the way they feel in my hand..so that would be my choice

I hate Berettas..with a passion..probably because we had the real shitty military version when I was in the Army and they were junk..so I am biased on that side

If you can go to a gun range somewhere and rent them to see how you like them I would do that..if not go with whatever you feel like will be the best for you
[Reply]
BDj23 09:41 PM 12-22-2015
Originally Posted by mac459:
I love H&K pistols..reliable, good shooting, like the way they feel in my hand..so that would be my choice

I hate Berettas..with a passion..probably because we had the real shitty military version when I was in the Army and they were junk..so I am biased on that side

If you can go to a gun range somewhere and rent them to see how you like them I would do that..if not go with whatever you feel like will be the best for you
I've owned a 92a1 before and thought it was a beautiful gun, very accurate, but just a bit big for me. Going by the photos of the a3, it looks slimmed down a tad. I do miss my Beretta.

I've also heard that former servicemen either love or hate them, based on what condition their issued one was in. My vet friends are 50/50 on em it seems like.

I've never shot or held an HK pistol, but I've heard that the USP tactical is a great gun, it also has a nice $1200 price tag on it. I've been looking for an HK dealer in that has one in stock around the Lawrence/Topeka/KC area, but no dice. I'd like to shoot one before I spend that kind of money on it.
[Reply]
notorious 10:10 PM 12-22-2015
I own a Berretta 92 FS and like it, but I got to shoot a surppressed FN 45 and it was awesome.

The Berretta's grip is huge, so if you have small hands stay away.

2400 for the FN setup, though. Ouch.
[Reply]
mac459 10:25 PM 12-22-2015
Originally Posted by BDj23:
I've owned a 92a1 before and thought it was a beautiful gun, very accurate, but just a bit big for me. Going by the photos of the a3, it looks slimmed down a tad. I do miss my Beretta.

I've also heard that former servicemen either love or hate them, based on what condition their issued one was in. My vet friends are 50/50 on em it seems like.

I've never shot or held an HK pistol, but I've heard that the USP tactical is a great gun, it also has a nice $1200 price tag on it. I've been looking for an HK dealer in that has one in stock around the Lawrence/Topeka/KC area, but no dice. I'd like to shoot one before I spend that kind of money on it.
Yeah the one I had and almost everyone around me had lived past their days..slides were loose..grips were junk..mags didn't want to seat..barrels were shot out too..horrible..so horrible..so that's why I don't like them and suggest you listen to others on that..cause I'm an asshole
[Reply]
ReynardMuldrake 11:43 PM 12-22-2015
I just spent part of my Christmas bonus on a 12 gauge. First time I've owned one. Looking forward to trying it out at the range soon.
[Reply]
notorious 07:52 AM 12-23-2015
Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake:
I just spent part of my Christmas bonus on a 12 gauge. First time I've owned one. Looking forward to trying it out at the range soon.
Awesome.


For a few "HOLY SHIT" moments, buy some slugs and shoot a watermelon.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 162
« First < 289101112 131415162262112 > Last »
Up