ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 107 of 341
« First < 75797103104105106107 108109110111117157207 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 04:53 PM 03-11-2018
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
I got a LaRue...
Love my OBR
[Reply]
srvy 04:56 PM 03-11-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
A buddy wants to sell me a semi-auto Ithaca 12 guage that looks about like this with a 2 and 3/4 barrel instead of 3 for $200... is that a fair deal?

https://goo.gl/images/T8R6U0
Ithaca make a quality shotgun. I dont really see a big need to be chambered for 3in loads. Some guys after the Snows or Canadians sometimes want that to reach out a bit farther I dont buy it. Also Turkey some think they need 3 in magnums or the bird will shed the shot. I have killed everything I needed with 2-3/4. Just my 2 cents.

Oh did your friend shoot skeet or trap? Thats always somewhat a concern for condition of the barrel. Also steel shot through older shotguns for waterfoul.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:01 PM 03-11-2018
Originally Posted by srvy:
Ithaca make a quality shotgun. I dont really see a big need to be chambered for 3in loads. Some guys after the Snows or Canadians sometimes want that to reach out a bit farther I dont buy it. Also Turkey some think they need 3 in magnums or the bird will shed the shot. I have killed everything I needed with 2-3/4. Just my 2 cents.

Oh did your friend shoot skeet or trap? Thats always somewhat a concern for condition of the barrel. Also steel shot through older shotguns for waterfoul.
He belongs to a skeet club, and is also an avid bird hunter... dudes smoked pheasant is something to behold

I would do some bird hunting with it, but am mostly looking at it as a bargain home defense option... semi auto over pump is the main selling point so far
[Reply]
Simplicity 05:08 PM 03-11-2018

What Canadians are your people shooting down there, lessers? 3inch is necessary for Canadians and 3 1/2 is optimal. I will never load 2 3/4 in for anything larger than a Buffy.
[Reply]
srvy 05:11 PM 03-11-2018
He belongs to a skeet club, and is also an avid bird hunter... dudes smoked pheasant is something to behold

I would do some bird hunting with it, but am mostly looking at it as a bargain home defense option... semi auto over pump is the main selling point so far
Should work well for either of those. Whats the barrel choked in or is it new enough to have variable choke.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:19 PM 03-11-2018
Should work well for either of those. Whats the barrel choked in or is it new enough to have variable choke.
Pretty sure its choked in, its an aftermarket modified barrel, theres a little 'mod' stamped on the barrel

To be perfectly honest, theres a lot I do not know about firearms outside of military experience... first ever firearm I actually owned is the 45 purchased a year or so ago

Outside of an M16, my experience is fairly limited
[Reply]
ghak99 05:22 PM 03-11-2018
A buddy wants to sell me a semi-auto Ithaca 12 guage that looks about like this with a 2 and 3/4 barrel instead of 3 for $200... is that a fair deal?

https://goo.gl/images/T8R6U0
Probably a pretty fair deal.

My favorite 10ga is a Remington that is nearly a replica of the original Ithaca 10ga guns from years ago. They were very functional shotguns.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 06:18 PM 03-11-2018
Originally Posted by ghak99:
Probably a pretty fair deal.

My favorite 10ga is a Remington that is nearly a replica of the original Ithaca 10ga guns from years ago. They were very functional shotguns.
I was a kid (10 or so) when I shot my Grandfathers 10 gauge - knocked the ever loving shit out of me....
[Reply]
srvy 06:20 PM 03-11-2018

My first Shotgun as a kid Ithaca model 66 single shot breakover 20 ga. Shot a lot of Pheasant and quail and some bunnies with that gun and still have it. Love Ithaca a grand old gun company.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 06:22 PM 03-11-2018
Pretty sure its choked in, its an aftermarket modified barrel, theres a little 'mod' stamped on the barrel

To be perfectly honest, theres a lot I do not know about firearms outside of military experience... first ever firearm I actually owned is the 45 purchased a year or so ago

Outside of an M16, my experience is fairly limited

I LOVE the .45 - my pistol of choice. I own two, a SIG and a Springfield Armory. Damned fine guns.

My first shotgun was a .410 (as a kid) hell, still have it to this day. I keep a 12 gauge stored in the closet - a Mossberg 500. It's kind of a "last resort" type of gun for me....
[Reply]
srvy 06:28 PM 03-11-2018
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
I was a kid (10 or so) when I shot my Grandfathers 10 gauge - knocked the ever loving shit out of me....
My old waterfowl buddy has a old Ted Williams model 10 ga he uses to this day for Snows. Its a long heavy unwieldy damn thing that shoots like butter. I kid him if he would get a better ground blind and lay still call better and lay out decoys right he wouldn't need that shoulder buster.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 06:45 PM 03-11-2018
My old waterfowl buddy has a old Ted Williams model 10 ga he uses to this day for Snows. Its a long heavy unwieldy damn thing that shoots like butter. I kid him if he would get a better ground blind and lay still call better and lay out decoys right he wouldn't need that shoulder buster.
Yep. My Uncle on the other hand, had an 8 gauge. Never shot that damned thing but I saw him shoot it a couple of time, looked like the 4th of July when that damned thing went off....

This however, always cracks me up......the 700 Nitro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCjWLjidnzM
[Reply]
srvy 06:55 PM 03-11-2018
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
Yep. My Uncle on the other hand, had an 8 gauge. Never shot that damned thing but I saw him shoot it a couple of time, looked like the 4th of July when that damned thing went off....

This however, always cracks me up......the 700 Nitro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCjWLjidnzM
I think those dudes developed a flinch :-) I would too with that elephant rifle lol
[Reply]
Simplicity 07:16 PM 03-11-2018
Does anybody have experience with the Classic Arms Freedom FX-9 9mm "Pistol"? Looking to get one considering the are only $600 and heard some good things about them. It being chambered for 9mm with a AR-15 platform it is a very intriguing thing.
[Reply]
bigjosh 07:20 PM 03-11-2018
Originally Posted by Simplicity:
Does anybody have experience with the Classic Arms Freedom FX-9 9mm "Pistol"? Looking to get one considering the are only $600 and heard some good things about them. It being chambered for 9mm with a AR-15 platform it is a very intriguing thing.
great gun for 3 gun competition.
[Reply]
Page 107 of 341
« First < 75797103104105106107 108109110111117157207 > Last »
Up