ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 305 of 367
« First < 205255295301302303304305 306307308309315355 > Last »
The Lounge>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
philfree 09:43 PM 06-08-2014
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
Not a fan of the layout, the conditioning isn't up to par with other local courses charging similar fees and no practice facility.

I live 40 minutes from there and won't play it - I sure as hell wouldn't drive several hours.
A guy I talked to today compared it to a young Silo Ridge. I've only played that once so I don't know:-)

Today however, we played at Hidden Valley down on the James River. Boaz, Mo. The Ozark Mtn Darevils had a couple of old dudes from Boaz on an album cover. I thinks that's true. Down home country golf. The first time I played Hidden Valley was in a HS conference match way back in 1976 there'bouts. Nothing but clover and lost balls. Today it was pretty good. The fairways were good and all the trees have grown up. The one thing about that course is the greens will always be mid to slow.

I've played Jr Golf, HS, Golf, College Golf and some Amateur Golf. I played in HS State, College Nationals. I've played on Amateur Cup Teams and of course won many a scrambles with friends and my dad. Won some best ball were I played great. But I never have won an individual medal play tournament until today. It's a small weak field but today I was the best in the field. I shot 77 on a par 73 with the last 12 holes played in a constant slow rain. Not a sprinkle but a slow rain. It was kind of beautiful in that it was a rain you could manage. Just a nice soft rain. I had plenty of towels.


I think this is the first time a tourney was won when the winner was the worst putter ever, almost. I played splendidly tee to green most of the day. I drove it well and then I hit various wedge shots, 9 irons and 8 irons all within 10 feet of the hole. Just beautiful golf shots. But then I missed 5 birdie putts that were no longer than I am tall. I shit you not.

So I get up on the last hole which is a couple hundred yard carry over water. I neck it and it hit some limbs and then from there I never saw it. I figured it was where I saw a copperhead earlier in the day.

I never saw the ball so I didn't see it go in the pond. A worst it's a lost ball. I hit a provisional which I necked, but not as bad and I watched it fly just over the pond. I was looking short of the pond and any place where I wouldn't be in the pond. didn't want to find it there.

And then I saw it in the fairway 20 yards past the pond.:-)

The group behind was waiting and for the first time all day I hurried and then chubbed it. Arrrrr......I was 20 yards short of the green and 30 yards from the hole. I thought I hit it pretty good but it just mushed and didn't roll any. So I'm 25'-30' from the hole for par.

After missing 5 birdie putts that added up to maybe 30' I drained it. :-) Winner, winner, chicken dinner:-):-):-)

Seems silly after all these years but I feel high because I'm a Champion.
[Reply]
Kman34 10:04 PM 06-08-2014
Originally Posted by philfree:
A guy I talked to today compared it to a young Silo Ridge. I've only played that once so I don't know:-)

Today however, we played at Hidden Valley down on the James River. Boaz, Mo. The Ozark Mtn Darevils had a couple of old dudes from Boaz on an album cover. I thinks that's true. Down home country golf. The first time I played Hidden Valley was in a HS conference match way back in 1976 there'bouts. Nothing but clover and lost balls. Today it was pretty good. The fairways were good and all the trees have grown up. The one thing about that course is the greens will always be mid to slow.

I've played Jr Golf, HS, Golf, College Golf and some Amateur Golf. I played in HS State, College Nationals. I've played on Amateur Cup Teams and of course won many a scrambles with friends and my dad. Won some best ball were I played great. But I never have won an individual medal play tournament until today. It's a small weak field but today I was the best in the field. I shot 77 on a par 73 with the last 12 holes played in a constant slow rain. Not a sprinkle but a slow rain. It was kind of beautiful in that it was a rain you could manage. Just a nice soft rain. I had plenty of towels.


I think this is the first time a tourney was won when the winner was the worst putter ever, almost. I played splendidly tee to green most of the day. I drove it well and then I hit various wedge shots, 9 irons and 8 irons all within 10 feet of the hole. Just beautiful golf shots. But then I missed 5 birdie putts that were no longer than I am tall. I shit you not.

So I get up on the last hole which is a couple hundred yard carry over water. I neck it and it some limbs and then from there I never saw it. I figured it was where I saw a copperhead earlier in the day.

I never saw the ball so I didn't see it go in the pond. A worst it's a lost ball. I hit a provisional which I necked, but not as bad and I watched it fly just over the pond. I was looking short of the pond and any place where I wouldn't be in the pond. didn't want to find it there.

And then I saw it in the fairway 20 yards past the pond.:-)

The group behind was waiting and for the first time all day I hurried and then chubbed it. Arrrrr......I was 20 yards short of the green and 30 yards from the hole. I thought I hit it pretty good but it just mushed and didn't roll any. So I'm 25'-30' from the hole for par.

After missing 5 birdie putts that added up to maybe 30' I drained it. :-) Winner, winner, chicken dinner:-):-):-)

Seems silly after all these years but I feel high because I'm a Champion.
Congrats on your win... I have played Hidden Valley many times. My in-laws live in Springfield and is my father-in-law's favorite course. Seems like I have the dueling banjos song from Deliverance in my head every time I play there.
I think #11 is the hole that goes beside the James river and I have been standing over my second shot and hear whoops and howlers from the drunk float trip people on the river. It's quite the experience. Don't think I've ever shot better than an 86 on it.
[Reply]
philfree 10:11 PM 06-08-2014
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Congrats on your win... I have played Hidden Valley many times. My in-laws live in Springfield and is my father-in-law's favorite course. Seems like I have the dueling banjos song from Deliverance in my head every time I play there.
I think #11 is the hole that goes beside the James river and I have been standing over my second shot and hear whoops and howlers from the drunk float trip people on the river. It's quite the experience. Don't think I've ever shot better than an 86 on it.
#12. Yeah floaters echo up off the river sometimes. I like it.

That Ol' Boy (I shoud know his name.)down there has slowly developed that course and as much as it's his it's at the point where some high dollar developers might buy that out.
[Reply]
bigjosh 06:25 PM 06-10-2014
Figure this thred was the place to share these. I regripped my irons today. Came out nice for my first time doing it. The old grips were factory and the clubs are as old as me so I figured it was about time.

Total cost 14$ 1hour and 2beers






[Reply]
philfree 09:14 PM 06-10-2014
Originally Posted by bigjosh006:
Figure this thred was the place to share these. I regripped my irons today. Came out nice for my first time doing it. The old grips were factory and the clubs are as old as me so I figured it was about time.

Total cost 14$ 1hour and 2beers





Nice.

US Open Week at Pinehurst. Payne Stewart's victory there stands in time as a great moment in golf.

I briefly new Payne and he was a genuine person. Truly a great guy and a great champion. I watched him hitting balls one afternoon way back in about 1980 or something and he was stomping the ball into a fried egg lie and drilling it with a Cobra Baffler. It was impressive as hell.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:29 PM 06-10-2014
So rory is the favorite just like Augusta. I guess he's played well lately but still does anyone really want to put down $100 at 6-1 on him? Scott has to be the favorite
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:10 PM 06-10-2014
He got rid of the girlfriend distraction, I'd take McIlroy.
[Reply]
philfree 01:00 AM 06-11-2014
If I were to bet on golf I'd take Bubba in this one.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:18 AM 06-13-2014
Kaymer is absolutely destroying this course in a way nobody ever has and currently destroying the US Open field in a way few ever have. Really impressive, he looks unflappable.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:00 PM 06-13-2014
Back to back 65s. 8 shot lead.
[Reply]
Bambi 02:29 PM 06-13-2014
Rep

Like a boss!
#USOpen #rockchalk

@Yoko77Tilton @NotKUCompliance @mbuckhouse @grandlakeliving @RedAndBlue_KU pic.twitter.com/aS4mBa2y6X

— Shamus (@shamus7899) June 13, 2014


[Reply]
Pablo 02:35 PM 06-13-2014
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Kaymer is absolutely destroying this course in a way nobody ever has and currently destroying the US Open field in a way few ever have. Really impressive, he looks unflappable.
No doubt. I got to catch a few minutes earlier today and they recapped some of his shots.

Definitely plowing through this course like a man possessed.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:53 PM 06-13-2014
Originally Posted by Pablo:
No doubt. I got to catch a few minutes earlier today and they recapped some of his shots.

Definitely plowing through this course like a man possessed.
Six shot lead going into tomorrow, ties the largest 36 hole lead in US Open history. Couldn't ask to be in better shape than that.

Kaymer's also got a track record of winning big tournaments and is more seemingly confident than he's been in years too. Still a lot of golf left though. Saturday will decide what kind of tournament this ends up being.
[Reply]
TribalElder 01:04 PM 06-15-2014
I hate those long putters.
[Reply]
TribalElder 01:05 PM 06-15-2014


fuck that
[Reply]
Page 305 of 367
« First < 205255295301302303304305 306307308309315355 > Last »
Up