ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 59 of 162
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369109159 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:21 PM 12-02-2020
So a healthy 49er defense (that was better than the Steelers defense) couldn’t contain Mahomes for an entire game, but people think a beat to shit Steeler defense will be able to??

Also the Chiefs offense is better this year than last, and that 49er offense was better than this Steeler offense.

Steelers are frauds.
[Reply]
Basileus777 07:21 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I mean it’s probably still the Steelers as our best competition but with Dupree out they have absolutely shot against us.

They never really matched up well against the Chiefs tbh. They're like Baltimore in that their style of D is something we are comfortable playing against. On offense they can't put up many points without a ton of short fields, aren't a threat running the ball, and don't produce the chunk plays that you need to threaten us.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:24 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I mean it’s probably still the Steelers as our best competition but with Dupree out they have absolutely shot against us.
Not arguing, but the PIT offense is their biggest problem should they face the Chiefs. Just look at the boxscore.

Big Ben threw 51 times, for 36 completions, and just 266 yards (5.2yd/att avg), 1 TD and 1 INT, 62.8 QBR. Against a defense that Patrick lights up for career numbers every single time. And ran for just 68 yards.

And this isn't atypical. PIT has been posting offensive stats just like that for the entire season. you know who else looks like that? Daniel Jones, Kirk Cousins and Baker Mayfield.

Actually, excuse me, I just insulted those three gentlemen, because they all have higher QBR's for the season than Ben.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 07:24 PM 12-02-2020
After watching this Steelers game today, anyone still worried about the Steelers??

Anyone . . . . . . . . . ??

(Crickets) . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

(Still crickets) . . . . . . . . . .

Yeah, me neither.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:29 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Dupree torn ACL, out for season
Wow, that's a big loss for that D...
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:30 PM 12-02-2020
I think they're going to drop 2.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 07:38 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Not arguing, but the PIT offense is their biggest problem should they face the Chiefs. Just look at the boxscore.

Big Ben threw 51 times, for 36 completions, and just 266 yards (5.2yd/att avg), 1 TD and 1 INT, 62.8 QBR. Against a defense that Patrick lights up for career numbers every single time. And ran for just 68 yards.

And this isn't atypical. PIT has been posting offensive stats just like that for the entire season. you know who else looks like that? Daniel Jones, Kirk Cousins and Baker Mayfield.

Actually, excuse me, I just insulted those three gentlemen, because they all have higher QBR's for the season than Ben.
I chuckled when I saw Ben's stat line and said the exact same thing to myself, but added "imagine if Pat threw the ball 51 times...."

The rest of your post is exactly where I'm at....and let's not forget that Pat did torch that defense, the also had Judon and Campbell, along with the full gambit of offensive players that didn't continually go three and out....

At the end of the day, the Steelers have feasted off points after turnovers (which I readily admit they force, but look at the list of QBs that generated those turnovers, it looks very unimpressive.)

There is simply no way the Steelers are going to be able to hang with the Chiefs (pre-Dupree injury), because the Chiefs D is plenty capable of making enough stops while generating the offense to produce plenty of points. The Steelers look every bit the part of Tampa Bay, who really didn't present much challenge. In the playoffs, there is no way this team beats the Champs, even if they get the chance to play them....

EDIT: Forgot that Pat just slung it 49 times on Sunday.....
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:41 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

I honestly can't believe they're throwing the ball this much.

The guy's elbow was sore after the FIRST game of the season and here they are 3 months in and he's throwing it 50 times a game. This game at least was competitive. He threw it over 40 times against JACKSONVILLE. That's going to take a toll you would think.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 07:42 PM 12-02-2020
The Ravens are to the Stoolers like the Faders are to KC. Built to beat that team. Neither team is built to beat KC. They’re built to compete in their division and no team like ours in the league, but ESPECIALLY in the AFCN!!
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:54 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I honestly can't believe they're throwing the ball this much.

The guy's elbow was sore after the FIRST game of the season and here they are 3 months in and he's throwing it 50 times a game. This game at least was competitive. He threw it over 40 times against JACKSONVILLE. That's going to take a toll you would think.
Yeah, it's surprising. I figured they'd lean on their run game for the season.

And JC, are they inefficient. they had 11 possessions, 10 scoring (last one was V-formation), and only scored 3 times on offense, two FGs and a TD. Good Lord, that's terrible. That's the NYG, ffs. If they hadn't gotten a pick-6 they lose that game, against a team that didn't have a real QB or starting RB. or a pass-rush.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 07:56 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
The Ravens are to the Stoolers like the Faders are to KC. Built to beat that team. Neither team is built to beat KC. They’re built to compete in their division and no team like ours in the league, but ESPECIALLY in the AFCN!!
Fade is definitely built to try and run with us....and did a good job this season obviously....

BUT: It's going to be 40 degrees in NY on Sunday, and while I don't hold any delusions that the Jets will win, I'm curious to see how Carr performs in the colder weather.

The reason is that should the Fade have to come to KC in January, I just don't think they hold up as well as they did earlier this year. It's obvious that they can compete, but it took nearly flawless efforts by Carr in both games to pull the split....and I just don't think he'll be able to pull that off in a playoff game in the cold....

maybe I'm the only one, but I'm not worried about the Fade in Arrowhead in January.
[Reply]
PHOG 08:05 PM 12-02-2020
Steelers are history
[Reply]
Basileus777 08:05 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
Fade is definitely built to try and run with us....and did a good job this season obviously....

BUT: It's going to be 40 degrees in NY on Sunday, and while I don't hold any delusions that the Jets will win, I'm curious to see how Carr performs in the colder weather.

The reason is that should the Fade have to come to KC in January, I just don't think they hold up as well as they did earlier this year. It's obvious that they can compete, but it took nearly flawless efforts by Carr in both games to pull the split....and I just don't think he'll be able to pull that off in a playoff game in the cold....

maybe I'm the only one, but I'm not worried about the Fade in Arrowhead in January.
The Raiders offense is an issue because Gruden and Carr have completely downloaded Spags bltizes. And we can't generate pressure with 4 against that oline, especially when you can't discount their running game. But I don't know that they'll even make the playoffs after blowing that Atlanta game.

But looking around the AFC and it's not exactly filled with threatening teams. Every team with a decent offense has a terrible defense. Like the Colts are the most balanced team. And I don't see a defense that matches up well with the Chiefs.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:07 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by Basileus777:
The Raiders offense is an issue because Gruden and Carr have completely downloaded Spags bltizes. And we can't generate pressure with 4 against that oline, especially when you can't discount their running game. But I don't know that they'll even make the playoffs after blowing that Atlanta game.

But looking around the AFC and it's not exactly filled with threatening teams. Every team with a decent offense has a terrible defense. Like the Colts are the most balanced team. And I don't see a defense that matches up well with the Chiefs.
and they were raped by the Titans...
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 08:23 PM 12-02-2020
Rapethlisberger running the Alex Smiff passing offense at his advanced age.
[Reply]
Page 59 of 162
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369109159 > Last »
Up