ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 429 of 3903
« First < 329379419425426427428429 4304314324334394795299291429 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Dartgod 03:31 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
It's possible - but someone that has a cough and sore throat doesn't necessarily mean they have the coronavirus.
Oh, I know that. I'm not worried. I just have to be cautious around other people in case it is C19. Can't go visit my parents for a couple of weeks now and everyone in our department is forbidden from stepping foot in the office for the next two weeks.
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:31 PM 03-18-2020
I want to once again praise the highschool kid in Washington that made this website:

https://ncov2019.live/

Someone give that kid a scholarship.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 03:35 PM 03-18-2020
I cannot get my hopes up about a treatment....but my fingers are crossed.
[Reply]
penguinz 03:36 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I want to once again praise the highschool kid in Washington that made this website:

https://ncov2019.live/

Someone give that kid a scholarship.
Only if it was real-time data which it isn’t.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:37 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Where did you see this? Obviously it's going to very from person to person so assuming this is average.
its been widely reported.

Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP:
serves them right for hanging out at the beach all day....... I kid. ��

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
We got guidance from USP today that told us if we're performing sterile compounding of non-hazardous drugs that we should consider using polyester bandanas instead of masks, eschew using using shoe covers, and reuse our gowns until they are visibly soiled.
thats BS.

See you next week when there is a full-on quarantine like Italy and France
its coming. Whether people cooperate, that’s TBD.

Originally Posted by displacedinMN:

We are also expecting snow this week so that will keep more people home.
damn it’s 88 down here.

Originally Posted by DaFace:
Damn, I must have missed this (or you've been quiet about it). Hang in there man.
you didn’t miss anything. very few knew. I’m friends with his family on Facebook and then he told like 3-4 people on here in a PM. So, he wanted it kept quiet. Guess he’s out of the closet now.

Originally Posted by Dartgod:
So, I've been working from home starting on Monday. My boss called me today to let me know that a coworker is exhibiting symptoms. Cough and sore throat. They have not been tested, just have symptoms.

They can't tell us who it is, but everyone in our department has potentially been exposed. Everyone has a pretty good idea who it is, one of our remote workers from Washington state was in the office last week for an outage weekend.
Sorry to hear man.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 03:37 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Only if it was real-time data which it isn’t.
Even the CDC isn’t real time data.....
[Reply]
TLO 03:42 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP:
What does this mean?
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:44 PM 03-18-2020
https://www.axios.com/scoop-bayer-to...ccf4eff36.html

Fast track this shit, hell I take it now.
[Reply]
eDave 03:45 PM 03-18-2020
What does this mean?
It means menials need to start taking this seriously instead of feeling invinsible and the chosen ones.
[Reply]
Donger 03:46 PM 03-18-2020
What does this mean?
Based on what I've read from her, I'm assuming she means disproportionate on the low scale, not high.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:47 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Nah, it was my wife, too. She just finished two years of targeted therapy last week. I was diagnosed with Stage III Hodgkin's Lymphoma in January. I started treatment about six weeks ago. Prognosis is good, but I'd be lying if I said these recent developments haven't made me a bit skittish.

I've been able to keep working through treatment, although days 3-7 after chemo have been pretty shitty. My hair finally started falling out last week, so I had my girls and wife buzz my head with dog clippers (because they carve through a hell of a lot more hair than a beard and mustache trimmer). Funny thing is, my hair is now growing again, but it will probably all fall out after the next treatment. I still have to shave, but only once a week or so instead of daily.

I should probably just shave a goatee in while I still have a beard so I can truly become a member of the inner circle.
Man, that's fucked. I certainly wish you the best.

How is it that a year that started with the Chiefs winning the fucking Super Bowl is turning out to be the worst of our lives? :-)
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:48 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by jd1020:
128 new cases in Illinois. Nearly doubled the total number. Went from seeing 10-20 new cases a day to 128 in just a couple days.
Testing will do that. It's like the scene in Aliens when they realize they're all in the roof.
[Reply]
Dartgod 03:50 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Man, that's ****ed. I certainly wish you the best.

How is it that a year that started with the Chiefs winning the ****ing Super Bowl is turning out to be the worst of our lives? :-)
Because Chiefs?
[Reply]
eDave 03:50 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Based on what I've read from her, I'm assuming she means disproportionate on the low scale, not high.
Oh.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:51 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Man, that's ****ed. I certainly wish you the best.

How is it that a year that started with the Chiefs winning the ****ing Super Bowl is turning out to be the worst of our lives? :-)

I kind of figured that the Super Bowl would be the highlight of 2020, but I was hoping there'd be a little competition for it.
[Reply]
Page 429 of 3903
« First < 329379419425426427428429 4304314324334394795299291429 > Last »
Up