ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1405 of 3903
« First < 40590513051355139514011402140314041405 140614071408140914151455150519052405 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 09:27 AM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
That's not political.

If we booted everyone for anything that could possibly have political undertones or quoted by someone in politics or mere mention of political words, there would be like 3 people still posting in this thread.

It's just like people complaining about BlackBob or other trolls though.... there's far more hijacking of this thread from people complaining about politics than from actual political posts.
It was just funny that two posts before he bashed DC posters then posted a tweet between a conservative and liberal. Maybe he didn't realize it but still....
[Reply]
Mecca 09:27 AM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
It was just funny that two posts before he bashed DC posters then posted a tweet between a conservative and liberal. Maybe he didn't realize it but still....
It proves my point, I know jack and shit about politics nor do I have a desire to spin everything into the political toilet, I thought that was funny, end of thought.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:28 AM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
You might be surprised at how many people in the world don't really pay attention to political pissing matches. I wouldn't have had a clue if people hadn't freaked out about it in the thread.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:29 AM 04-15-2020
So the death count in NY will pass 10k because of untested victims.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:30 AM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
You might be surprised at how many people in the world don't really pay attention to political pissing matches. I wouldn't have had a clue if people hadn't freaked out about it in the thread.
I didn't even know who Candace Owens was, when I posted it I thought it was Ben Stiller being humorous to some random idiot who doesn't realize what the world is at the moment.

I actually still don't know who she is other than she is apparently known by people.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:31 AM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I actually don't even know who she is, I find Ben Stillers movies amusing, that is literally my relation to knowing who they are.
I had no idea what affiliation those people had , I understand I live in a different society but I have never seem anybody up use political affiliations to label someone.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:32 AM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I had no idea what affiliation those people had , I understand I live in a different society but I have never seem anybody up use political affiliations to label someone.
Apparently that is how the DC forum works, I really don't care about peoples political affiliations, politics blows.
[Reply]
stumppy 09:33 AM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Go hang out in CPDC for awhile. You'll get a gut full of it.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:34 AM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
The few times I've gone over there I realize why I don't.....it's also really amusing how a bunch of the posters over there, never post in the lounge or about football.....that forum may be the worst thing to ever happen here.
[Reply]
Donger 09:38 AM 04-15-2020
A vaccine for coronavirus may be ready for use by emergency workers sometime this autumn, according to Dr. Kizzmekia Corbett, the National Institute of Health’s lead scientist for coronavirus vaccine research.

Corbett said that the vaccine could be ready for use by front-line health care workers as soon as this fall and for the global population by next spring. Her team is currently testing the safety of the vaccine in the first phase, and then will test its effectiveness in subsequent phases.

“We’re targeting fall for the emergency use. … And then for the general population, our target goal is for next spring — and that is, if all things go well and if these phase one, phase two and phase three clinical trials work simultaneously for the good, our plan is to have people vaccinated all over the world by next spring,” she told CNN’s Anderson Cooper and Dr. Sanjay Gupta.

Vaccine development is typically a long process, and Corbett said that her team has actually been working on a coronavirus vaccine for years already.

“We’ve researched coronavirus vaccine development for the last 7 years — particularly under my direction, the team has researched this coronavirus development for 5 years. And so coming into the onset of this pandemic, we had an idea about what we wanted to do as far as the design of the vaccine,” Corbett said.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:39 AM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
I have learned a lot of new words and a bunch of them that were not introduced as insults now are considered some of the worst things on the planet , I had to go to confession, I never knew I was so evil.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:39 AM 04-15-2020
I'm seeing more and more talk about this being the result of an accident in a lab vs. something that came from a Chinese Wet Market.
[Reply]
ghak99 09:40 AM 04-15-2020
This won't make any difference - I know - but can we all agree that "easing restrictions" is a good idea that will likely happen soon, but we should actually be talking about what that means?

No one in their right mind should be arguing that either 1) things should stay like this for the next 18 months or 2) MLB stadiums should be opened and full in a week. The discussion is about WHAT kinds of things can be relaxed, not WHETHER things will be relaxed.
On a local level, here, step one needs to be figuring out out how to get people convinced they can go to the local hospital without catching the Kung Flu.

This is just as much of a perception issue as it is a regulatory issue. Allowing some elective work might be the best way to ease into convincing people the hospital isn't a death trap.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:41 AM 04-15-2020
This won't make any difference - I know - but can we all agree that "easing restrictions" is a good idea that will likely happen soon, but we should actually be talking about what that means?

No one in their right mind should be arguing that either 1) things should stay like this for the next 18 months or 2) MLB stadiums should be opened and full in a week. The discussion is about WHAT kinds of things can be relaxed, not WHETHER things will be relaxed.
Sports should start again in May... initially with no fans and then gradually introduce reduced capacities of fans.

"Non-essential" businesses/locations should all open in May... restaurants, haircut places, beaches, parks, etc. with adjusted operating procedures such as reduced capacities, spaced out seating at restaurants, staff wearing masks/gloves, etc.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:43 AM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Sports should start again in May... initially with no fans and then gradually introduce reduced capacities of fans.

"Non-essential" businesses/locations should all open in May... restaurants, haircut places, beaches, parks, etc. with adjusted operating procedures such as reduced capacities, spaced out seating at restaurants, staff wearing masks/gloves, etc.
It is just not where people are but where people have been , disinfecting those areas would be difficult.
[Reply]
Page 1405 of 3903
« First < 40590513051355139514011402140314041405 140614071408140914151455150519052405 > Last »
Up