ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 364 of 662
« First < 264314354360361362363364 365366367368374414464 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official MMA Thread***
KcMizzou 08:18 PM 07-08-2010
Excited about an upcoming fight? Want to make predictions, or just give people a heads-up that there are some fights on? We can do it here.

(Also a good place to complain, dicuss, and agrue about the outcomes)
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:35 PM 12-15-2015
Originally Posted by alnorth:
I haven't been hearing that at all. No one really thinks Aldo will get an immediate rematch, unless we get a slew of key injuries.

We won't know anything at all until RDA and Cowboy fights. If Cowboy becomes the lightweight champion, a hell of a lot of people think Conor will fight Cowboy at 155, because thats a fight he can really sell and make bank on. RDA is not nearly as compelling a draw as Cerrone.

If RDA wins, then Edgar makes more sense. Conor's coach was hinting that Conor is thinking about 155 in New York on April, then Edgar at UFC 200 in July.
145 is kind of a lame class with marketable fights. 155 is has much more interesting matchups for Connor. Love to him fight Nate Diaz for the shit talking alone.
[Reply]
Pants 09:47 PM 12-15-2015
I honestly feel like Frankie would be one of the few people impervious to Connor's talk. That dude is such a machine and on top of that he's been to such wars, he literally gives zero fucks.
[Reply]
alnorth 09:36 PM 12-16-2015
Werdum has signed an 8-fight deal with the UFC for "7 figures". I hope the first number in those 7 figures is at least a 6.
[Reply]
alnorth 12:57 PM 12-17-2015
Ronda is not changing her plans. She's going to shoot two movies in the next 6 months, and then she's going to fight Holm in July at UFC 200.

She needs a full year without distractions and better coaching. She's probably only going to train a few months with tons of distractions and the same crappy coach.
[Reply]
alnorth 01:11 PM 12-17-2015
Nate Diaz wanted to be on the poster, so he drew a self portrait next to Cowboy's head.

[Reply]
alnorth 12:37 PM 12-18-2015
The UFC is going to use a 3-man team tomorrow night. Dominick Cruz (who will be fighting Dillashaw for the Bantamweight Championship next month) will join Rogan and Goldberg for the fight commentary. Not sure if it will be just for the main event, or the whole card.
[Reply]
Jerm 12:57 PM 12-18-2015
The UFC is going to use a 3-man team tomorrow night. Dominick Cruz (who will be fighting Dillashaw for the Bantamweight Championship next month) will join Rogan and Goldberg for the fight commentary. Not sure if it will be just for the main event, or the whole card.
Surprised it's not Stann but Cruz is awesome so that'll work too...
[Reply]
raybec 4 01:02 PM 12-18-2015
Ronda is not changing her plans. She's going to shoot two movies in the next 6 months, and then she's going to fight Holm in July at UFC 200.

She needs a full year without distractions and better coaching. She's probably only going to train a few months with tons of distractions and the same crappy coach.
I don't get the UFC making Holm wait, she's the champ. She should fight Tate in April and Ronda in July
[Reply]
jd1020 01:12 PM 12-18-2015
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I don't get the UFC making Holm wait, she's the champ. She should fight Tate in April and Ronda in July
$$$$$$$$$$

Which do you think would draw more dollars? Rousey fighting Holm to get her belt back or Rousey fighting Tate for the 3rd time to get her belt back? When she gets done with her movies she'll get a title shot no matter who the champ is and Holm might lose to Tate.

It's bullshit, but it's all about the Benjamins.
[Reply]
alnorth 04:10 PM 12-18-2015
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I think the UFC suspects that Ronda is about to retire, and if you want to maximize your profit before you lose her, then this is the fight.
[Reply]
alnorth 04:12 PM 12-18-2015
Charles Oliveira missed weight by a whopping 4.5 pounds. He was reportedly off by 5 pounds this morning, so he was only able to cut a half pound today.

He probably needs to move up to 155. That fight against Myles Jury will proceed at a catchweight and Oliveira will give 20% of his purse to his opponent. Everyone else made weight, RDA and Cowboy both weighed in a half pound under the limit.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 04:16 PM 12-18-2015
Originally Posted by jd1020:
$$$$$$$$$$

Which do you think would draw more dollars? Rousey fighting Holm to get her belt back or Rousey fighting Tate for the 3rd time to get her belt back? When she gets done with her movies she'll get a title shot no matter who the champ is and Holm might lose to Tate.

It's bullshit, but it's all about the Benjamins.
Yep. People forget it's a business first. Its not about being being fair.
[Reply]
alnorth 04:22 PM 12-18-2015
Some marketable fighters will get PPV spots and title shots faster than other unremarkable fighters, and popular champions will get rematches quicker than other champions, but at least in the UFC if you just keep winning you can be undeniable at some point.
[Reply]
Sfeihc 04:51 PM 12-18-2015
RDA looked smaller at weigh-ins today. We'll see how he looks tomorrow. Aldo looked different last week. The new testing rules are changing the sport before our eyes. It also brings to light how big of a problem PEDs are in MMA. I hope Cowboy does knock the bolts off his neck.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 04:53 PM 12-18-2015
Originally Posted by Sfeihc:
RDA looked smaller at weigh-ins today. We'll see how he looks tomorrow. Aldo looked different last week. The new testing rules are changing the sport before our eyes. It also brings to light how big of a problem PEDs are in MMA. I hope Cowboy does knock the bolts off his neck.
GSP looking like a prophet
[Reply]
Page 364 of 662
« First < 264314354360361362363364 365366367368374414464 > Last »
Up