ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 121 of 662
« First < 2171111117118119120121 122123124125131171221621 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official MMA Thread***
KcMizzou 08:18 PM 07-08-2010
Excited about an upcoming fight? Want to make predictions, or just give people a heads-up that there are some fights on? We can do it here.

(Also a good place to complain, dicuss, and agrue about the outcomes)
[Reply]
Gary 09:34 PM 07-02-2011
Was there any point in the Cruz/Faber fight where Faber looked truly hurt or rocked? I saw one uppercut and one flying knee that hit Faber flush but he never at any point appeared like he was wobbly or could have gone down. Faber, on the other hand, knocked Cruz down at least 2 times with one punch. So did Cruz win the fight on the takedowns he couldn't sustain for more than a second before Faber scrambled out and up from? At best, I would have called that fight a draw and immediately scheduled the rematch.
[Reply]
pr_capone 09:36 PM 07-02-2011
Originally Posted by Gary:
Was there any point in the Cruz/Faber fight where Faber looked truly hurt or rocked? I saw one uppercut and one flying knee that hit Faber flush but he never at any point appeared like he was wobbly or could have gone down. Faber, on the other hand, knocked Cruz down at least 2 times with one punch. So did Cruz win the fight on the takedowns he couldn't sustain for more than a second before Faber scrambled out and up from? At best, I would have called that fight a draw and immediately scheduled the rematch.
whomever called that 50-45 round is on crack.
[Reply]
KcMizzou 09:49 PM 07-02-2011
I completely agree.

But, they say you gotta finish the champ to be the champ. Had to know he wasn't going to get that decision.
[Reply]
Gary 09:58 PM 07-02-2011
Originally Posted by KcMizzou:
I completely agree.

But, they say you gotta finish the champ to be the champ. Had to know he wasn't going to get that decision.
True
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:58 PM 07-02-2011
Nah, Cruz's shots were all weak. You could see on the faces at the end of the fight who did the most damage, but Cruz did land the most and scored some take downs. I thought Cruz took the 2nd, 3rd, and 5th. I'm sure there will be a rubber match soon between the two though.
[Reply]
Gary 10:04 PM 07-02-2011
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Nah, Cruz's shots were all weak. You could see on the faces at the end of the fight who did the most damage, but Cruz did land the most and scored some take downs. I thought Cruz took the 2nd, 3rd, and 5th. I'm sure there will be a rubber match soon between the two though.
Agreed. If Faber had come out like one of his coaches said and pressured Cruz from the beginning bell and kept him off-guard, round 5 and the fight would have been his. He went back to a counter punching posture and waited too long to attack. The takedowns hurt too. Not sure if we'll get it, but that fight begs for a rubber match!
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:07 PM 07-02-2011
What'd I miss?
[Reply]
KcMizzou 10:27 PM 07-02-2011
Really good night of fights, all in all. KO's, submissions, a big upset (in my mind)... The main event went to decision, and nobody likes that, but it was a really good fight.
[Reply]
KcMizzou 10:28 PM 07-02-2011
Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini:
What'd I miss?
Find a way to see the Leben / Silva fight. It's short, and brutal.

27 seconds
[Reply]
chop 10:28 PM 07-02-2011
You can probably watch what you missed here http://www.mma-core.com
[Reply]
chop 10:30 PM 07-02-2011
Leben vs. Silva http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_Chri...020649&tid=100
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:36 PM 07-02-2011
Wow was that the shorest fight ever in MMA? Silva was wrestling the ref :-)
[Reply]
KcMizzou 10:41 PM 07-02-2011
Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini:
Wow was that the shorest fight ever in MMA? Silva was wrestling the ref :-)
That happens a lot. One second he was fighting a guy, the next some dude was on top of him... so he's still fighting. No idea what happened. It's lost time. Flash KO.
[Reply]
KcMizzou 10:42 PM 07-02-2011
The scary KO's are when they're stiff legged and twitching.
[Reply]
TheGuardian 11:07 PM 07-02-2011
I'll never like Leben. Ever. As much as I can't stand Anderson Silva I hope Leben gets another shot at him and Silva destroys him again.
[Reply]
Page 121 of 662
« First < 2171111117118119120121 122123124125131171221621 > Last »
Up