ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 20
« First < 81415161718 1920 >
Nzoner's Game Room>WHITLOCK: ANDY REID AND KC WILL EVENTUALLY SEND ‘BAD BOY’ LE’VEON TO DEATH ROW
Hammock Parties 10:19 AM 10-16-2020
:-)

https://www.outkick.com/andy-reid-an...-to-death-row/

Originally Posted by :
Chiefs coach Andy Reid and team general manager Brett Veach are the Notorious B.I.G. and Puff Daddy of the NFL.

They’re the head of Bad Boy Football. Can’t nobody hold them down. They love giving nasty boys one more chance. They believe in mo players no problems. Reid and Veach are close like Starsky and Hutch and the KC offense hypnotizes me.

Why am I quoting BIG and Puff and analogizing them to the leaders of the defending Super Bowl champions?

Thursday, the Chiefs signed bad boy running back Le’Veon Bell to a one-year contract, and it makes me nervous.

You see, Bell, to me, isn’t bad meaning good, he’s bad meaning bad. He’s a locker-room cancer. He’s poison. In pursuit of cash, he bulldozed his way out of an ideal situation in Pittsburgh, where on the field he meshed perfectly with Ben Roethlisberger and Antonio Brown. Bell landed in New York, where he flamed out with the Jets after playing in just 19 games. Owing him an additional $6 million, the Jets cut Bell on Tuesday rather than deal with his bad attitude.

In football, you can’t have a problem with bad boys. The game is best played by them. But you have to pick the right bad boys, the ones who absolutely love the game. That’s my gripe with Le’Veon. I don’t think he loves the game. He loves the financial windfall the game provides him because he’s good at it.

Let’s take Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill. He can be classified as a bad boy. He’s had some serious off-the-field issues. You know what motivates him to evolve and do better? His love of the game.

Remember when Andy Reid, as head coach of the Eagles, rescued Michael Vick from a federal prison and turned him back into a playmaker? It worked because Mike Vick loves football. That’s also the reason Vick turned into a tremendous leader in the Philly locker room.

Bad boys can turn good. One of my all-time favorite people and players is Ravens legend Ray Lewis. Early in his career, Ray was involved in a murder investigation. He pled guilty to a misdemeanor charge of obstructing justice. Ray loved the game and God. He wanted to be regarded as one of the all-time, all-time greats. He leaned into his faith and became arguably the greatest leader in NFL history. He’s right there with Tom Brady in terms of leadership.

I don’t have a problem with bad boys. In some respects, I was one myself years ago.

My problem is with unrepentant bad boys. This is why I’m skeptical of my Chiefs tying any part of their success to Le’Veon Bell.

Bell is the kind of running back Suge Knight and Death Row Records would sign. Bell is Tupac Shakur. Dear mama, he’s thug4life. He has ambitions as a ridah. He’s all eyez on me. Bell ain’t got no muddafreakin friends. Grab your Glock when you see Bell rock. He’s hit ‘em up.

For non-Tupac fans, let me translate what I just said. Bell is going to bring dysfunction to the Chiefs. He’s troublesome. He’s going to make Andy Reid and Brett Veach sing Hail Mary.

I hope I’m wrong. Maybe Bell will be so embarrassed by his New York flameout and so highly motivated to make Adam Gase picture him rolling that he’ll be on his best behavior for the remainder of this season.

Clear enough for ya?

Why you Jets look mad?

Y’all supposed to be happy I’m free!

Oh, I forgot. Adam Gase.

That coach had a lot to say when I was in his offense.

My gut says this ends with Andy Reid and Le’Veon Bell riding down the Las Vegas Strip and Reid pretending he had nothing to do with end of Le’Veon’s career.

[Reply]
Bearcat 01:32 PM 10-19-2020
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
how is this shit article still circulating on the front page?
It might as well be stickied for the next few months because it'll become the default "told you so" & "this aged well" thread for Bell week to week.... or half to half.... or play to play.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:34 PM 10-19-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
It might as well be stickied for the next few months because it'll become the default "told you so" & "this aged well" thread for Bell week to week.... or half to half.... or play to play.
A true CP gem.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:01 PM 10-19-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
So true.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:39 AM 10-21-2020
Told you Bell would suck!!! That pussy couldn't even get a carry in the Bill's game and we ran it almost 50 times!!!
[Reply]
cooper barrett 04:49 AM 10-21-2020
Witlock swallows IMHO

When the Virus takes him, he will not be missed.
[Reply]
eDave 05:20 AM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
Witlock swallows IMHO

When the Virus takes him, he will not be missed.
What's with your pre-occupation with gay sex, Colonel Fitts? Furthermore, wtf does it matter that I'm gay? While I'm at it; other than posting stupid shit, being made fun of, being the butt of jokes across the entire board, and stalking some members, what value do you think you bring here?
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:50 AM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Told you Bell would suck!!! That pussy couldn't even get a carry in the Bill's game and we ran it almost 50 times!!!
:-)
[Reply]
tyecopeland 08:30 AM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
What's with your pre-occupation with gay sex, Colonel Fitts? Furthermore, wtf does it matter that I'm gay? While I'm at it; other than posting stupid shit, being made fun of, being the butt of jokes across the entire board, and stalking some members, what value do you think you bring here?
Redheads
[Reply]
tyecopeland 08:33 AM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Jamaal Charles
Charcandrick West
Spencer Ware
Kareem Hunt
Damien Williams

All these guys became at least functional RBs in Andy's system since his arrival in 2013. Most of those guys were nothing better than average, but Andy managed to get 1,000 yd seasons from just about all of them, and two became NFL rushing champs.

And those are just the RBs he had in KC. Can you think of any good-great PHI RBs from Andy's tenure?

Yeah, I think just about the last thing we need to worry about is whether Andy will be able to figure out how to get a good performance out of Le'Veon Bell, former rushing champion.
How come you didn't include cj spiller in your list of rbs? He did like 15 stints with the Chiefs, must have really been wanted by the staff.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 09:07 AM 10-21-2020
Bell wanted to get PAID...and rightfully so, ended up sticking to his guns and held out.

Steelers said **** you and shipped him off to the worst team in football where he did eventually get paid but was left in a bad situation on a shitty team with no weapons and a shit HC, leading to nowhere.

Honestly, I don't blame anyone for wanting to leave teams like CIN, NYJ, DET, WAS. These are just bad franchises fueled by bad ownership. Bell pitched a bitch and did everything he could to get his team to eventually release him.

I mean in some ways...I applaud him for it. RB career spans are short, and his window is about to rapidly start closing. Fans dont like to hear this but sometimes a player is going to do what they thinks in their own best interests.

He said he wants to win a SB. If he wants to win, great! If being on a winning team with a great offense/weapons/QB/Reid is what fuels his fire and drive to be one of the best backs in the league again in efforts of help winning KC a Super Bowl then I'm all for that.

At worst...he's making peanuts (from a Chiefs books POV), it doesn't work out for whatever reason and the Chiefs get rid of him.

But if healthy, he's gonna be MUCH better than Shady McCoy ever was...A LOT better...and thats not gonna be fair to the rest of the NFL.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:11 AM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Bell wanted to get PAID...and rightfully so, ended up sticking to his guns and held out.

Steelers said **** you and shipped him off to the worst team in football where he did eventually get paid but was left in a bad situation on a shitty team with no weapons and a shit HC, leading to nowhere.

Honestly, I don't blame anyone for wanting to leave teams like CIN, NYJ, DET, WAS. These are just bad franchises fueled by bad ownership. Bell pitched a bitch and did everything he could to get his team to eventually release him.

I mean in some ways...I applaud him for it. RB career spans are short, and his window is about to rapidly start closing. Fans dont like to hear this but sometimes a player is going to do what they thinks in their own best interests.

He said he wants to win a SB. If he wants to win, great! If being on a winning team with a great offense/weapons/QB/Reid is what fuels his fire and drive to be one of the best backs in the league again in efforts of help winning KC a Super Bowl then I'm all for that.

At worst...he's making peanuts (from a Chiefs books POV), it doesn't work out for whatever reason and the Chiefs get rid of him.

But if healthy, he's gonna be MUCH better than Shady McCoy ever was...A LOT better...and thats not gonna be fair to the rest of the NFL.
Uh the Steelers didn't ship him anywhere, he signed with the Jets as a FA after his year long hold out.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:15 AM 10-21-2020
Definitely Bell’s real reaction at the end.

https://youtu.be/-ApIOiPTk_M
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:18 AM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Uh the Steelers didn't ship him anywhere, he signed with the Jets as a FA after his year long hold out.
Why did he sign there? IM assuming they offered him the most money? But did other teams offer him anything at the time?
[Reply]
CoMoChief 09:43 AM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Oh really? Thought he was traded there my bad.

Jeez why would anyone want to (willingly) go play for the Jets, even if they were paying more than anyone else? I'd gladly take a pay cut just to stay away from there, and would do it without thinking twice about it.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:05 AM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Oh really? Thought he was traded there my bad.

Jeez why would anyone want to (willingly) go play for the Jets, even if they were paying more than anyone else? I'd gladly take a pay cut just to stay away from there, and would do it without thinking twice about it.
His entire holdout was about getting paid, he understands the shelf life of his position..why would he not take the most money?
[Reply]
Page 18 of 20
« First < 81415161718 1920 >
Up