Page 6 of 31
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Eddie Van Halen has Died
chinaski 01:42 PM 10-06-2020
Breaking Now

:-)
[Reply]
ping2000 02:45 PM 10-06-2020
August 1980, Kemper Arena. My very first rock concert. I was 14. My older brother and his friends let me tag along. Great memory.
[Reply]
Pushead2 02:46 PM 10-06-2020
As a guitar player, I'm absolutely crushed.

Godspeed sir.
[Reply]
Dayze 02:48 PM 10-06-2020
the amount of hours as a young guitarist trying to even come close to doing what he did :-)

that was my first real indoctrination as a 12 yr old know nothing in the world for something; like "you can't do this. but go ahead and keep trying" lol
[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 02:48 PM 10-06-2020
RIP. Please go away now 2020.
[Reply]
vailpass 02:52 PM 10-06-2020
Shit.
RIP
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:54 PM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
It's about time for you to leave forever again isn't it, you giant pussy?
You'll be banned again before I leave Chiefsplanet.

And holy fuck, rent is dirt cheap in that empty head of yours.
[Reply]
Pushead2 02:56 PM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Eddie Van Halen changed absolutely everything about the electric guitar.

He was the first guitarist or even guitar designer to put a Humbucking Pickup in a Stratocaster body, which he wax potted to eliminate feedback, which was a brand new concept. He was the first to use a Variac to decrease the voltage to his modified Marshall model number 1968, in which the tube rectifier had been replace with a silicon rectifier for a "tigther" tone and less mushy bottom end.

He not only revolutionized guitar equipment over the years, with his very own line of guitars and amplifiers but he dabbled in pedals, legitimized the use of Stainless Steel frets and strings (many people, me including, find both to be "plinky" but Eddie made it work) and of course, his signature two-handed-tapping technique that was copied the world over for more than 43 years.

He also popularized the Floyd Rose Locking Tremelo system, which has been standard on many guitar models since the early 80's. Nearly every serious guitarist has at least one "Super Strat" with a humbucker and a Floyd Rose.

The dude literally changed the music world.
As an ex-touring guitarist, I absolutely co-sign on this post.

I rocked a modified Peavey 5150 for many, many years. I loved that amp. I had blue chicken knobs on it because so many people kept asking me for it and I never wanted it swapped at a gig.

Nowadays, I rock the 5150-III amp sim the minute I plug-in.
Attached: IMG_0380.jpg (97.8 KB) 
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:56 PM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Stop it. Both of you.
No thank you.
[Reply]
Halfcan 02:57 PM 10-06-2020
Uh, no, it is not ancient.

And as I stated, a movie about his life would need to be seriously whitewashed because I seriously doubt that his son, or anyone else in their family, wants to the truth to be known.
I am sure everyone knows about Eddie's demons by now. I saw the last tour with Sammy, and Eddie was a skeleton up there. It was pretty sad. I didn't like how Michael Anthony was treated by the brothers- but he made peace with it. Mike is about the nicest guy in the world. Eddie was stubborn, ultra sensitve, but a musical genious.

If they ever do a movie- I hope they focus on their early years, growing up, the back yard parties, becoming stars type thing.

We don't need another Motley Crue- The Dirt movie, which basically ignores their sheer debachery.
[Reply]
lcarus 02:58 PM 10-06-2020
Kudos, Buttfuck
:-) Gonna have to use that one some day
[Reply]
BlackOp 02:58 PM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
I still remember the first time I ever heard Van Halen.
That's how you know you were listening to greatness...people still remember hearing them for the first time.

Kind of like.."I was at the grocery store when JFK was shot."

They were king of kings for a good 8 years...
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:58 PM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
No Sammy Hagar or SRV posts in the Van Halen tribute thread. Thanks in advance...:-)
Sorry, sorry, jeez.

I was just rying to relate to the Van Halen crowd with my only relation i have...didn't know Hagar was some sort of evil, unspoken thing i guess...
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:58 PM 10-06-2020
Now he's running with the Devil

RIP
[Reply]
ping2000 02:59 PM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Sorry, sorry, jeez.

I was just rying to relate to the Van Halen crowd with my only relation i have...didn't know Hagar was some sort of evil, unspoken thing i guess...
Van Hagar is a sensitive and polarizing subject.
[Reply]
Hydrae 02:59 PM 10-06-2020
A large part of what got me listening to Rock was their first album. Only band I have seen 3 times. This hits hard.

RIP EVH!
[Reply]
Page 6 of 31
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up